''Sweden is looking for Expiernced drivers''

I have asked Diesle Dave to delete it once but he said to let it go but he will keep an eye on it.
No disrespect to anyone but like you said its gone way off track now, and you were quite right in your earlier post Hutpik not many have contacted me about this only one guy looking for work in Norway, I am still waiting for him to contact me I have 1st hand info from an owner driver up there with jobs + accomadation and a guy who is head hunting drivers now. :grimacing:

Two inches/6cm of snow fell here today so not much fun driving but the Swedes just laugh at it, the schools have been open, flights on time. trains and busses running on time, shops also full. :unamused:

Hi Colin.OK,good man.There is an English guy moving up here in March,he was over here at Xmasgoing round,he’s already been offered a choise of 3 jobs and he speaks about 10 Words of Swedish,but he’s full of enthusiasm.he’s even looking forward to clearing snow :open_mouth: .
Here we’ve had about 40cms since Xmas so not so much,but looks like more coming.A lady firend was pleased that it was not so Deep as she is Learning snowmobiling again after a break of many years.That way when she falls off we don’t have to dig her out.
Today its -30c and looks to be -20 to-30 the whole week.

Hello Colin and Hutpik, from your experience how is it where you are with new passes?
I have just passed my Class 2 so might not be very useful anyway until I get the Class 1 but I have held my bus license for 5 years so am not a complete noob with driving large vehicles. I am living in Stockholm at the moment just going through SFI but as someone mentioned above they all need good Swedish here for the majority of jobs I have found.

Interestingly before I arrived in July, I looked on EURES and found several jobs where you could speak Svenska eller Engelska and one compay even offered free Swedish lessons. But they have all disappeared now!
I am currently in work in a different field so not in any rush but it would be nice to start getting Truck experience under my belt. If not I just need to crack on with SFI!

Obviously i can only speak about this area.Everyone was a new pass at sometime so thats not such an issue.The main thing here is they are a bit old fashioned so being a new pass is not necessarily a disadvantage as they can teach newcomers their own preferred way of working.There are a constant influx of Young guys and Girls from the driving schools coming into the mining sector due to the attractive wages and free time.The down side is 24\7 shift work which is not for everyone.One of the problems many co’s encounter is a ‘‘generation’’ thing,by this i mean that Young people are enthusiastic at first but at the same time want the social freedoms with their friends.This creates problems with the shift system so there is a constant flow of people which affects the stability of the sector.Anyone who is any good and shows a degree of stability is prized by co’s and is always in work.The peripheral sectors here,such as Heavy machinery,mechanics,electricians,long dist drivers all have the same dearth of suitable people.
The language is not such an issue[some will disagree upon this Point],the main thing[up here anyway]is showing an enthusiasm to want to work here.The climate and lack of facilities are not to everyones taste,so if you just want Money then look elsewhere,here it is more a ''lifestyle’package with good earnings and time time enjoy them.

Hence all the swedes commuting to the north weekly :unamused:

This is true,many Swedes commute for 1 week work then 1 week free,primarily this is due to a shortage of houses.
But hey,better Swedes commuting than EEs flooding in,at least the Money stays in Sweden.

Colin in Sweden:
Hi Guys n Gals.

Sweden right now is desperate for drivers if anyone wants help looking for a job E.mail me in private or send me a PM.

No stroll in the park this time of year its snowing right now and -3 think it over !!, it will and can snow here up till April and I meen real snow not what you guys get in the UK this is the real stuff. We have the Moose and wild boars/deers also with no road sence.
Summer time is great and really beautifull all snow drifts are gone by then well should have.

Best wishes Colin
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year 2019 from Sweden
God Jul och Gott nyt År 2019 från Sverige

I hope i have not broken any rules posting this here.

E.mail----> 21sd153@mail.com

Colin.
If there is a no deal Brexit, will Sweden still recruit drivers from the Uk through a work permit visa? More paperwork for your office staff but surely, if you are crying out for drivers, this would be necessary? Or would you no longer recruit from the UK and take drivers from the EU instead?

Colin in Sweden:
Hi Guys n Gals.

Sweden right now is desperate for drivers if anyone wants help looking for a job E.mail me in private or send me a PM.

No stroll in the park this time of year its snowing right now and -3 think it over !!, it will and can snow here up till April and I meen real snow not what you guys get in the UK this is the real stuff. We have the Moose and wild boars/deers also with no road sence.
Summer time is great and really beautifull all snow drifts are gone by then well should have.

Best wishes Colin
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year 2019 from Sweden
God Jul och Gott nyt År 2019
I hope i have not broken any rules posting this here.

E.mail----> 21sd153@mail.com

How much experience does one need?

Like any job anywhere experience is desired but a ‘can do’ attitude and an enthusiasm goes a long way.

Well I defo have a can do attitude and bucket fulls of enthuiasm, but Im a newbie . Since I took on this career change I’ve got loads of ambition again for the first time in years. Driving through Europe and/or working in another country is one of them. Maybe in 12-24 months?..

Just take a weeks holiday and go to the country\area of choice and look around,you may be pleasantly surprised.
Alternately,ask a Company if you can go as a second driver somewhere

Have been working in Sweden for a few years now, love it here. Did not have much experience at first, but was not a problem for me in finding a job.

After living for many years in Holland i moved up here about 12 yrs ago,i had driven up here for many years previously.I dont regret it for a moment.The quality of live is excellent and getting a job is no problem.I have had various people Contact me with a view to working up here and later they complain they could not get a job.All the Dutch and English people i know have had no problems as they seem to arrive with the right attitude.

hutpik:
I have had various people Contact me with a view to working up here and later they complain they could not get a job.

Are you seriously still waffling on about this?

Where is the quality of life when you’re driving in snow most of the year and everywhere is freezing
What would you do on your week off, winter sports
I know the scenery is stunning but to a outsider it sounds like hard graft, and would take a lot of getting use to it
That’s people like me who expects everything to shut down with a bit of snow

Are you still bitter because nobody would employ you

Lol, you sure are a funny little old man.

nightline:
What would you do on your week off

Browse the internet for more habitable places to move to.

Or browse the internet hoping to find gullible folk to come join in on the misery :laughing:

nightline:
Where is the quality of life when you’re driving in snow most of the year and everywhere is freezing
What would you do on your week off, winter sports
I know the scenery is stunning but to a outsider it sounds like hard graft, and would take a lot of getting use to it
That’s people like me who expects everything to shut down with a bit of snow

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
unless your up in the artic circle then in sweden the weather breaks at the end of march…it takes a week or so for the snow to vanish and the lakes to melt,after that its well into the 20s jumping quickly into the 30s and up to 40 deg in the summer till your actually looking forward to a rainy day.
its well similar to the weather i the canaries most of the summer and right now itl still be in the 20s easily.
after october the weather turns again and once it snows then the country is well geared up for it with gritters ect.
its a legal requirement to run on all year tyres or studded winter tyres till the weather improves in march again.
the schools dont close,buses run,trains run,airports dont close as the country just gets on with it unlike britain.
they even have trialled AUTOMONOUS SNOW PLOUGHS IN NORWAY for clearing runways at airports…( cue uk t ,dr d,jts shortly). :unamused:

I had a chance many moons ago to move to Angelholm in the south of Sweden, but never took it. Oh silly me.