Suzies

I’m sitting here at a garage waiting for a man to bring me a new electrical line after it got snagged in the trailer and pulled the connection out from the back of the the unit. It happened when I was doing a u turn. This is the second time it’s happened in two months and it’s a bit of a pain it’s cost me two hours I should have been home.

Has anyone any advice on how to stop this from happening. I have bungee chords holding up the airlines, should I do the same on the rest of the lines?
Any help appreciated.

Uh yea, but don’t lift them tight, just enough to stop them snagging on rachet handle.

bazstan009:
Uh yea, but don’t lift them tight, just enough to stop them snagging on rachet handle.

Ok thanks I’ll get some tommorow .

bungees on all of them

Carry a spare.

carry a screwdriver and repair it next time :wink:

Carry a spare and a screwdriver but mainly do as my old boss always said and don’t screw it round. If there’s enough room to screw it round there’s enough to turn it round properly.
Anyone pulling in our yard and screwing round would be sent off with a flea in their ear. Especially if they were loaded and left tyre marks.

xjrv8:
Carry a spare.

Bessie leads are the way forward they take approx 20 seconds to change . See here…google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source … GJ3o5YVMaw

Alternatively unplug them

098Joe:

How can you do that from the cab ?

Don’t do U turns its the lazy mans way of turning round
But as lord of Leicester “hanky spanky” take a screw driver and repair it you broke it after all. saves a heap of time aswell

bald bloke:

098Joe:

Get out of the cab and un plug from the trailer and if up to it push shunt button and remove all lines. lot easier to shunt it round than um plugging leads/sussies

globby 480:

So how would you turn round in a yard that has a turning circle just big enough to spin round? You have to drive in reversing in is prohibited. Please enlighten me because I’m always willing to learn…

bald bloke:

globby 480:
Get out of the cab

What actually physically get out of the cab. :confused:

Seany:

globby 480:

So how would you turn round in a yard that has a turning circle just big enough to spin round? You have to drive in reversing in is prohibited. Please enlighten me because I’m always willing to learn…

Our yard has tyre marks all round it, there is just enough room to screw it round, I doubt it could be turned, turned as in 3 point turn. Management prefer it not to be done, but most of the time it is the only way :smiley:

^^^. This

G6Bob:

Seany:

globby 480:

Our yard has tyre marks all round it, there is just enough room to screw it round, I doubt it could be turned, turned as in 3 point turn. Management prefer it not to be done, but most of the time it is the only way :smiley:

Exactly but don’t worry someone will be along shortly to explain how to do it…

Cheers for the replies . I did try and fix it but it was well and truly ■■■■■■

I used to go into A seafood spot, the yard was ■■■■, just enough room to screw it round but due to wall angles,stacks of pallets etc in the yard you would never of turned it any other way. No chance. I used to pull the electrics out before doing it every time to be safe.

Pass the electrical suzies through the centre of the air line suzies .