Suzies

I think it was a daft question to start with :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It baffles me why we still need three lines to carry electricity from the tractor unit to the trailer, surely one would be enough?

Harry Monk:
It baffles me why we still need three lines to carry electricity from the tractor unit to the trailer, surely one would be enough?

Why is it 2 into 1 one the volvos then a abs line with the girth of john holmes :frowning: :frowning:

seth 70:

How is it a daft question I’m new to the job and I am looking for advice. If you havint got any then ■■■■ off and keep your daft opinions to yourself :wink:

FLIP:
Carry a spare and a screwdriver but mainly do as my old boss always said and don’t screw it round. If there’s enough room to screw it round there’s enough to turn it round properly.
Anyone pulling in our yard and screwing round would be sent off with a flea in their ear. Especially if they were loaded and left tyre marks.

Your boss has obviously never been to Greencore Bristol!

xjrv8:
Carry a spare.

This.

I even have a new spare fuel cap

jay0:

seth 70:

How is it a daft question I’m new to the job and I am looking for advice. If you havint got any then [zb] off and keep your daft opinions to yourself :wink:

Jay it is a little daft isn’t it esp when the answer is in your question !!
you did it a month or so before ripped the lines off… so I don’t want to sound funny but …
1 you have done it before? so we will say then… TRY not to do U turns if you have no choice…
2 if you have to do U turns and its tight etc, get out of the cab and un plug the lines…
sit and think you have done it once now twice you have ripped them out of the socket/plug
so the answer is there, don’t do U truns or un plug the lines if you have the shunt button on the trailer in most trailers in this day and age have it …

globby 480:

jay0:

seth 70:

How is it a daft question I’m new to the job and I am looking for advice. If you havint got any then [zb] off and keep your daft opinions to yourself :wink:

Jay it is a little daft isn’t it esp when the answer is in your question !!
you did it a month or so before ripped the lines off… so I don’t want to sound funny but …
1 you have done it before? so we will say then… TRY not to do U turns if you have no choice…
2 if you have to do U turns and its tight etc, get out of the cab and un plug the lines…
sit and think you have done it once now twice you have ripped them out of the socket/plug
so the answer is there, don’t do U truns or un plug the lines if you have the shunt button on the trailer in most trailers in this day and age have it …

Ok well I apologise for that then. I got some more bungee chords yesterday and I will unplug the lines in future. Thanks for the replies, this thread can be locked.

I must say it seems like a reasonable question to me. “This has happened twice and it’s annoying, how can I stop it happening again?” is what it amounted to. Some of the regular vastly experienced posters here need to remember that not everyone is born knowing everything about this job …

Rhythm Thief:
I must say it seems like a reasonable question to me. “This has happened twice and it’s annoying, how can I stop it happening again?” is what it amounted to. Some of the regular vastly experienced posters here need to remember that not everyone is born knowing everything about this job …

yes, but, most people learn from their mistakes :wink:

carry a screwdriver, if you rip the end off the electrical line, remove the plastics from the other end and refit the knackered end the same as the good end

job done, 10 minutes, not 2 to 3 hours

make sure the curtains cover the ratchets
some plugs are moulded
steal a spare set

hitch:
make sure the curtains cover the ratchets

Hadn’t thought of that :bulb: thanks.

You wouldn’t screw it round if you had to buy the tyres.