Suzies

Does anyone have any good tips on how not to get them tangled up, I’m sick of sorting them out only to join up to another trailer where the lines are mixed round so they get tangled again , we have done bungee cord the length of the cab but they still get tangled although not as much

Smoggie89:
Does anyone have any good tips on how not to get them tangled up, I’m sick of sorting them out only to join up to another trailer where the lines are mixed round so they get tangled again , we have done bungee cord the length of the cab but they still get tangled although not as much

Hiya after me trying to sort that problem out after 30+years, please tell me as i never worked it out.
I think in the US they have straight rubber pipes. they don’t get tangled
John

ive never used 'em myself, but these work apparently.
truckstuff.co.uk/products/airline-sleeves

Sort them out everytime you drop the trailer, wont stop them getting tangled up but stops them getting into a proper mess.

Get some old tights/stockings off the other half. Slip them over the suzies, job done.
It’s up to you whether you colour-code or go fishnet!!

spooky70:
Get some old tights/stockings off the other half. Slip them over the suzies, job done.

This is a good idea.

Cheers spooky ill give that a go

when you tried the bungees, did you try pulling them in different directions, 2 high an wide, 2 low an wide, 1 down the middle. or something along them lines

Run the electrical suzies through the center of the air lines .

Go to the mechanics and tell them the long one (the old one thats stretched and uncoiled and forever getting others tangled) is leaking air/flickering lights/ABS warning and get it replaced with a new short one that doesnt get tangled :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Saaamon:
Sort them out everytime you drop the trailer, wont stop them getting tangled up but stops them getting into a proper mess.

Works well for me, had this truck 15 months and still on original suzies too!

Hiya …i like the cover’s someone has come up with. looks a good idea.
John

kindle530:
ive never used 'em myself, but these work apparently.
truckstuff.co.uk/products/airline-sleeves

£6.50? Is that for a complete set of 5 or a single 1?

Ive got a frame and change trailer 2-3 times a day which keeps them in good shape. I also avoid any jack knife turns, 3 point where possible.

I hate balled up lines, its a magnet for grease which gets ■■■■■■ everywhere!!!

I always Stowe the suzies away tidy after uncoupling, & that works well until,. …the next driver uses the truck and mixes them all up :smiling_imp: & then stowes them away in a ’ Tangle’ :open_mouth: seems like they just can’t be bothered :confused: :unamused: Or maybe they just expect the next person to sort out the spaghetti jumble !!! :smiling_imp:

spooky70:

This is what i used to do. You can buy a pack of 5 in black at any major supermarket for about £1 .50 & they would last (on my unit anyway) for about 2 months!

Totally agree with Merc & Bonnie, avoid jackknife & tight turns, use all the yard or 3 point turn, we can all sling it round on a sixpence but that’s when your lines get tangled up round the front of the trailer & you scrub 1000 miles off your tyres.
Stow them away properly or you end up with something that resembles a birds nest. I also give 'em a hot soapy jet wash every week to keep them clean & not permanently caked in poxy black sticky grease.

shugg:

^As above, also a cable tie to stop them coming undone works a treat.

The electrical lines have a tighter coil than the air which seems to keep everything out of the way and free of grease.

Saaamon:

This is the most logical answer :exclamation:
Never had the problem because I always did just that, each time you unhook make sure they are kept seperate. On odd occasions when some pig had used my truck and tangled them I would untangle them before doing anything.
My present truck has just long straight lines encased in a protective coil, I have to have them attatched to a spring or they drag on the floor.
I don’t know if you can see them properly in this shot ?

mike68:

shugg:

^As above, also a cable tie to stop them coming undone works a treat.

The electrical lines have a tighter coil than the air which seems to keep everything out of the way and free of grease.

you can get tight coil air lines as well now,
if you can get all 5 in tight coil format your problem will be sorted.

nothing worse than getting a wagon with a ■■■■■■■■■ greasy lump of spaghetti wires,does’nt matter how good you are you’re coming out with grease on ya,and a thin hi vis vest is allways gonna be blown on em :smiley: