Suzies

stobarttrucker:
nothing worse than getting a wagon with a ■■■■■■■■■ greasy lump of spaghetti wires,does’nt matter how good you are you’re coming out with grease on ya,and a thin hi vis vest is allways gonna be blown on em :smiley:

& 3 days later you still keep touching grease on your gear lever or hand brake or steering wheel or door handle or grab handle or diesel cap & even on your ‘Flies’ :unamused:

The dreaded grease , I got my car valet on Last Monday and by Wednesday there was grease on the plastic from my trousers, ■■■■■■ me off lol

Most of the grease comes from people who forget to remove the airlines untill the trailer has been disconected or in the case of a very close coupled trailer left conected untill unhooked because of the lack of room to work, the lines then drag across the fith wheel.

martinviking:

stobarttrucker:
nothing worse than getting a wagon with a ■■■■■■■■■ greasy lump of spaghetti wires,does’nt matter how good you are you’re coming out with grease on ya,and a thin hi vis vest is allways gonna be blown on em :smiley:

& 3 days later you still keep touching grease on your gear lever or hand brake or steering wheel or door handle or grab handle or diesel cap & even on your ‘Flies’ :unamused:

Oh yeh, I was coupling up one dark morning , after sorting out someone else’s tangled suzies, got in the cab sorting things out in there , & noticed there were splots of grease marks appearing in a number of places.
I’d had my gloves on ,& removed them before getting back into the cab , there was only the usual dirt on them. Looked at my hands they were black with grease !! :open_mouth: wetwiped them down, got rid of the other splots, & only to find them reappearing again within a minutes :confused: :confused: On the front of my dark jacket which had just been washed too!! :smiling_imp: eventually I found the grease was stuck on the stearing wheel, and somehow managed I think to brush against my jacket front, & being on my hands unknown to me , was then spread around the cab at quite a rapid pace :unamused: :unamused: I wish some people would give a minute to wipe the cab out when they finish with it end of shift , I always take everthing out , paper cups etc, & give the stearing wheel and dash etc a quick wipe around, it does only take a minute ,& leave it tidy ready for the next person .

Yep, Lol !

Why can’t polish or £5 notes act like Grease ?

Start cleaning the cab & it magically spreads all over the place, drop a fiver & you find another & another & another------ he he !

Aye, if only!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
Most of the grease comes from people who forget to remove the airlines untill the trailer has been disconected or in the case of a very close coupled trailer left conected untill unhooked because of the lack of room to work, the lines then drag across the fith wheel.

True, but I think more comes from the ■■■■■ that screw the trailer through 90 degrees as that causes the lines to come into contact with lower front edge which is where all the fifth wheel grease sits. :angry:

Saaamon:
Sort them out everytime you drop the trailer, wont stop them getting tangled up but stops them getting into a proper mess.

Always did this laid em on the catwalk like little babies …

mike68:

shugg:
Run the electrical suzies through the center of the air lines .

^As above, also a cable tie to stop them coming undone works a treat.

The electrical lines have a tighter coil than the air which seems to keep everything out of the way and free of grease.

These would of started off this way

Takes a lot longer to untangle too

w1ggo:

mike68:

shugg:

^As above, also a cable tie to stop them coming undone works a treat.

The electrical lines have a tighter coil than the air which seems to keep everything out of the way and free of grease.

These would of started off this way

!(http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww51/w1ggo/Trucks/20130108_051940_zpse862dabf.jpg[/img

Takes a lot longer to untangle too
[/quote]
Bugger sorting that lot, I’d just defect it and get a new set out of stores.

I just keep mine neat and use the blanks to store them, had a minor problem with a night trunker who for some reason used 5th wheel grease on the air lines to lube the connectors :imp: :imp: , problem went away after a quiet word.)

I followed a solo unit once in my car , the suzies were hanging off the nearside happily dragging/bouncing along the road :open_mouth: . Flashed him to pull over but the muppet was oblivous . :unamused:

Too much trouble /too lazy to stow them properly no doubt :imp:

cheers Mike

Two of ours pulled out the yard the other day with not a single suzzie stowed properly, today one of the 62 plates was around the garage for suzzies as they’d been dragged across the floor and ruined :unamused:

I don’t understand why some drivers can’t put them in the blanks provided ■■ Dohhh

Rob K:

Pat Hasler:

True, but I think more comes from the [zb] that screw the trailer through 90 degrees as that causes the lines to come into contact with lower front edge which is where all the fifth wheel grease sits. :angry:

It’s the ones that ram themselves back under the trailer without lowering the suspension which scrapes all the grease off the fifth wheel on to the front lip of the trailer.

I just keep them up neat and apart in a couple of twisted bungie cords when bobtail- keeping them taught seems to keep them like new.

Race Trucker:
I just keep them up neat and apart in a couple of twisted bungie cords when bobtail- keeping them taught seems to keep them like new.

Missed the pin much?? :slight_smile:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Race Trucker:

Lol I know! I bought her 2nd hand and it was the only damage on her and it bugs me to this day! I still can’t be bothered to take them off to beat it out though- only gets seen when solo (not often hopefully!) lol

spooky70:
Get some old tights/stockings off the other half. Slip them over the suzies, job done.
It’s up to you whether you colour-code or go fishnet!!

Fishnets are more durable (don’t ladder or rip so easily) but prefer this…

Saaamon:
Sort them out everytime you drop the trailer, wont stop them getting tangled up but stops them getting into a proper mess.

Works for me and it’s free :open_mouth:

shugg:

I seen that done once and thought wtf,but once i tried it and have a suzy tidy for putting them on when not in use i find its the only way, keep the correct suzies together and your flying.

Race Trucker:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Race Trucker:

Lol I know! I bought her 2nd hand and it was the only damage on her and it bugs me to this day! I still can’t be bothered to take them off to beat it out though- only gets seen when solo (not often hopefully!) lol

:slight_smile: It looks fine mate, at least they are even!!!