Supporting New drivers

Over the next couple days you will hopefully see a bit of redecorating in this forum- the top of the page will change colour and you may notice a few added words- In particular the words “Sponsored by” I am pleased to let you all know, that a stalwart of these forums - has come on board to ensure this forums long term future by becoming a sponsor - Peter Smythe of truckdrivertraining.co.uk/ has for many years dished out good and impartial advice to 100’s of newbies on this forum.

Peter I am sure will be the first to point out that his sponsorship doesn’t mean this forum is all about his own company- it remains impartial and all are still encouraged to take part in its discussions, wether newbies or training providers.

Despite some peoples beliefs, the facts are a website of this size (2.5 million page views a month) costs a fair bit to host and maintain, and it is the help of sponsors and advertisers that we manage to keep it free for you all to use.

Can I be the first to thank Peter for his support

+1…I second that…because if it was not for finding this forum via a Google search one night and using the info / getting support from members on here…i would not have been armed so well as I am with all the info I need. Also, I would not have become aware of Pete Smythe’s training company/ the Open day I attended the other week at Peterboro etc…so thanks Pete so much…and everyone who posts useful stuff on here and helps us newbies out

Rob

If that post is seconding the sentiment, then I third it :smiley:
Nice one, Pete (and TNUK, of course :grimacing: )

+3
Good move for all

The Sponsors logo bit at the top is a bit small …

*4. Thank you to all on this website very helpful and full of helpful info, great people. Thank you to Peter for the sponsorship

met peter today and have to say genuine nice bloke!

Thanks Peter, and to all of you who have given, and continue to give helpful advice & support to us newbies (and beyond!) :smiley:

Had noticed this but then I tend to

Welcome on board & thank you

We dont need a big logo Rog it is nice & neat as far as I am concerned dont wont something big & obtrusive

Peter and Rog are two stand out guys in the newbies forum. Their advice is sound, friendly and wise. I have certainly learned lots from Peter’s sage words since I embarked on my career change path. Glad to see Peter is continuing to support all us newbies in an innovative way and I hope it works out to everyone’s advantage - especially Peter himself, as he deserves it.

IMHO, Peter’s sponsorship will add genuine value to this forum.

Nice one Peter!! :smiley:

Well done Peter. :sunglasses:

Can’t say I’ve met both fellas,but would like to say thanks for supporting this super forum

well done peter and thank you :smiley:

Hi guys,

nice to meet you all, im a newbie. Basically my prov licence is in the post, ill be booking theory soon then looking for a good training centre for C training and test in the Shrewsbury/Wrexham area. Any suggestions or advice would be grately appriciated.

Well done to both of you

I’m 18 just passed class 2 is there much chance of get a job and work or not ?

Stevieboy1996:
I’m 18 just passed class 2 is there much chance of get a job and work or not ?

Yes if you MEET prospective employers with all your kit in your boot - especially first thing on a monday

Do a lot of companies emply 18 yrold to drive rigids ?

It’s not common. But it’s not unheard of. We’ve trained artic drivers at 18 who have gone straight into work. It really depends on a)how you present yourself and b) being in the right place at the right time.

Make a full time job out of getting a job. You’ll win in the end. All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

:grimacing: