Supertruckers series 2 has started

For anyone who enjoyed series 1, it started last night 9pm on Quest (Sky channel 144) but is repeated tonight on Quest at 7pm.

I liked it anyway, an interesting insight into heavy haulage. More interesting than watching a stobart lorry delivering bread to a tesco somewhere anyway.

I was on the edge of my seat when that dumper truck threatened to scuff that plastic guttering.

Thrilling stuff.

Not watchin
Dont think Supatruka knows real Life of truka. Goin rather to Pub,having a Coffee or Two

Is it still John Boy Kelly and his fleet of prehistoric chrome?

PaulNowak:
Is it still John Boy Kelly and his fleet of prehistoric chrome?

That was Megatruckers,John Kelly went down owing $60 million so I doubt there will be another series.

Supertruckers is about Kings Heavy Haulage from Bristol.It was slightly better than Stobart TV but not by much.

Oh right cheers. Might have a nose.

Just seen some on friends video tape machine .

Illustrates the stupidity of building houses on filton runway !!

wings from BAE drive past runway to portbury , get a boat to france , to be flown to Seville for assembly .

Or have i got this all wrong ?

Because this does not seem a very sustainable position for high tech engineering long term in bristol

Watched a couple of episodes last series, got a bit bored with it, spoiled by drivers playing up to camera, but I suppose better than the Stobby bullcrap.
Thought to myself why am I off work watching a programme about work :unamused: so I done something entirely different.

Went on Trucknet :blush: :smiley:

robroy:
so I done something entirely different.

Went on Trucknet :blush: :smiley:

:laughing:

I take it that I’m alone in saying that I enjoyed that Stobarts series?

Radar19:

Not quite. Ill admit I enjoyed the first couple of series but I got fed up with it when they started trying to think of ways to keep the programme “fresh”. The Welsh bloke (Ashley if I remember right) went to a whiskey bottling place and they “offered” him a tour of the plant then presented him with a personelised bottle. Joe public thinks “oh what nice people these lorry drivers meet when they make deliveries” because they don’t see what the rest of us usually get. Mini hitlers who never crack a smile and ■■■■ and moan if your 2 minutes late and huff and puff if you dare to ask them where the tipping bays are. Then there was the other guy who delivered race tyre’s for a rally car and shock horror there was the car sitting when he arrived. And he got a shot in it! Yeah, because £500,000 worth of car is always sitting unattended in some industrial state somewhere. And the lorry driver sometimes gets to drive them!
As I say, I liked the first couple of series but after that it was a load of rubbish. Tim fox was good though. I didn’t think he mugged it to the camera as much as the rest and seemed a pretty down to earth bloke

The-Snowman:

Radar19:

Not quite. Ill admit I enjoyed the first couple of series but I got fed up with it when they started trying to think of ways to keep the programme “fresh”. The Welsh bloke (Ashley if I remember right) went to a whiskey bottling place and they “offered” him a tour of the plant then presented him with a personelised bottle. Joe public thinks “oh what nice people these lorry drivers meet when they make deliveries” because they don’t see what the rest of us usually get. Mini hitlers who never crack a smile and ■■■■ and moan if your 2 minutes late and huff and puff if you dare to ask them where the tipping bays are. Then there was the other guy who delivered race tyre’s for a rally car and shock horror there was the car sitting when he arrived. And he got a shot in it! Yeah, because £500,000 worth of car is always sitting unattended in some industrial state somewhere. And the lorry driver sometimes gets to drive them!
As I say, I liked the first couple of series but after that it was a load of rubbish. Tim fox was good though. I didn’t think he mugged it to the camera as much as the rest and seemed a pretty down to earth bloke

Its TV at the end of the day, they have to make it appeal to everyone. I’m pretty sure spending hours on a bay in Asda wouldn’t make for entertaining viewing.

Highlight for me was the red Audi an silver fez blocking the road…
love the fact no one noticed either of them had ridiculously bald front tyres!!

Id love their job more than i could ever love my kids!!.. :laughing:

The-Snowman:

Radar19:

Yeah, because £500,000 worth of car is always sitting unattended in some industrial state somewhere.

Left 2 of these unattended in a street in London while I went to have a cup of tea with the Owner. :laughing: They are worth about a £1m each and he seemed completely unconcerned about leaving them there. :open_mouth:

The-Snowman:
And the lorry driver sometimes gets to drive them!

Didn’t get to drive them though. :frowning:

eagerbeaver:
I was on the edge of my seat when that dumper truck threatened to scuff that plastic guttering.

Thrilling stuff.

You never fail to make me laugh haha

Benjie83:
Highlight for me was the red Audi an silver fez blocking the road…
love the fact no one noticed either of them had ridiculously bald front tyres!!

Id love their job more than i could ever love my kids!!.. :laughing:

I noticed that, the copper moved the Audi out the way, 3 points officer haha

The best bit for me was when they were squeezing past that lomas lorry, narrator declaring they had to use all of their ‘hard earned skills’ or some over dramatic statement like that, yet theres half a foot of space either side of the dumper and the lomas is pulling forward out of the way :unamused:

In the old days when you had a handful of telly channels, they could be more picky filling up the schedules, although often didn’t seem that way, :slight_smile: but the great and good decided what we should watch. We now have have loads of telly channels with schedules to fill and a generation of media studies graduates desperate to show us their work.
So you now have the choice, either watch things like Stobarts, Megatruckers, Supertruckers Ice road truckers or any of the other programs like one that follow Road workers, Bin men etc and realise that they have had to dramatise a run of the mill job for entertainment or watch re-runs of Lovejoy, the Sweeney, Dads Army etc, but if you do and a load of Unemployed Media Studies Graduates re-train as truck drivers you only have yourselves to blame. :smiley:

muckles:
In the old days when you had a handful of telly channels, they could be more picky filling up the schedules, although often didn’t seem that way, :slight_smile: but the great and good decided what we should watch. We now have have loads of telly channels with schedules to fill and a generation of media studies graduates desperate to show us their work.
So you now have the choice, either watch things like Stobarts, Megatruckers, Supertruckers Ice road truckers or any of the other programs like one that follow Road workers, Bin men etc and realise that they have had to dramatise a run of the mill job for entertainment or watch re-runs of Lovejoy, the Sweeney, Dads Army etc, but if you do and a load of Unemployed Media Studies Graduates re-train as truck drivers you only have yourselves to blame. :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I started an Eddie Stobart thread on another part of this website. I really enjoy the british TV show Eddie stobart trucks and trailers on u tube I realise that its difficult to make an industry like trucking interesting to the general public. My british trucking days are about 45 years past hauling an eight wheel ERF loaded with tarmac down the M1. It seems good to see well turned out drivers with new equipment going all over Europe. If I was 30 years younger and didn’t have a Canadian wife I wouldn’t mind giving this company a shot.