Supertruckers series 2 has started

robinswh:
I started an Eddie Stobart thread on another part of this website. I really enjoy the british TV show Eddie stobart trucks and trailers on u tube I realise that its difficult to make an industry like trucking interesting to the general public. My british trucking days are about 45 years past hauling an eight wheel ERF loaded with tarmac down the M1. It seems good to see well turned out drivers with new equipment going all over Europe. If I was 30 years younger and didn’t have a Canadian wife I wouldn’t mind giving this company a shot.

I agree, these fly on the wall documentaries show it how it really is and how working for companies such as ESL really are at the cutting edge of transport.

On another note I recently watched a fascinating and true to life documentary by an unknown director by the name of George Lucas. I was very taken by his factual depiction and down to earth characters, so taken in fact that I applied for the job of driving the Millenium Falcon when a vacancy arises.

robinswh:
I started an Eddie Stobart thread on another part of this website. I really enjoy the british TV show Eddie stobart trucks and trailers on u tube I realise that its difficult to make an industry like trucking interesting to the general public. My british trucking days are about 45 years past hauling an eight wheel ERF loaded with tarmac down the M1. It seems good to see well turned out drivers with new equipment going all over Europe. If I was 30 years younger and didn’t have a Canadian wife I wouldn’t mind giving this company a shot.

Been told their pay ■■■■■ and the planners have no clue or don’t care about you.

Radar19:

robinswh:
Eddie Stobart I wouldn’t mind giving this company a shot.

Been told their pay ■■■■■ and the planners have no clue or don’t care about you.

You’ll probably get told pretty much the same about most large Logistics operators, and often by those who’ve never worked for them. Stobarts just cop more abuse from drivers because their public profile is far larger than the size of the company at the end of the day they probably no better or worse than the others.

Over dramatised tv… If you live in Bristol, and know the route the Airbus wings took to the M5, ask yourself - why did they go that way…? Answer, because carrying on in a straight line up the A38 dual carriageway to the M5 would be boring tv!!

Herongate:
Over dramatised tv… If you live in Bristol, and know the route the Airbus wings took to the M5, ask yourself - why did they go that way…? Answer, because carrying on in a straight line up the A38 dual carriageway to the M5 would be boring tv!!

I couldn’t work that bit out - some bits showed them going via Hayes Way and Cribbs Causeway, whereas other bits showed them at the Aztec West roundabout, which is a completely different route (straight up the A38 to the M5). The editing was all over the place - they were just joining the M5, then back at the A38/Hayes Way junction, then going through Cribbs Causeway, then back on the A38 again, then up at Aztec West, then back at Cribbs Causeway…

The “map” they showed also had a number of roads that don’t actually exist… :unamused:

I’m wondering if it was patched together from a number of different nights’ runs, and some nights they had to divert through Cribbs Causeway because M5 J16 has often had overnight roadworks on the roundabout over the past couple of years, restricting the road width.

Radar19:

robinswh:

You know a planer who cares about YOU■■? Really■■?
Im not a planer,but isnt his job to get the load from A to B■■? Do you care about the planer when you tell him no you havnt got enough driving time left?? Or hes gonna get it in the neck from his gaffer?? No,Ofcourse not!!!
Ive never understood drivers who moan about planers,its there job,its your job to stay within the law,10hrs driving is 10 hrs driving and a 15hr shift is still a 15hr shift,a simple sorry mate cant normally works,
Planers care about planers and drivers care about themselves,its only a job ffs

Is a planer not a person who shaves wood?

eagerbeaver:

Sorry,didnt know it was a spelling contest,

Wot a spaner

22 posts in and full of attitude.

eagerbeaver:

As opposed to 2970 posts in n full of ■■■■,aye,ill take that…
Love a forum full of experts…yawn,

:grimacing:

23 posts in.

And now just sounds like a knob.

eagerbeaver:

Wot, with yer Gillette Mach 3 turbo supercharged smooth glide eze shift complete with fondle grip handle? Built in solar panel?

eagerbeaver:

Looked like he’s speaking sense to me!

stevieboy308:

eagerbeaver:

Looked like he’s speaking sense to me!

I think Truckhoor has a fair point, a planners job is to plan the routes and work, so the customer gets their goods collected and delivered, and despite the opinion of some drivers it’s not to pander to their whims about where they want to go, when they want to work and what jobs they want to do.
However there are ways to deal with people to get the best out of them, so a planner who understands their drivers and how to get the best from them will probably get a better quality of job from their drivers than one who is just rude and ignorant. Although judging by the attitude of some drivers there really doesn’t seem much point in being polite with them, as far as they’re concerned they know best and anybody who has the audacity to ask them to actually do some work is obviously a slave driver and therefore should be treated with contempt.

muckles:
I think Truckhoor has a fair point, a planners job is to plan the routes and work, so the customer gets their goods collected and delivered, and despite the opinion of some drivers it’s not to pander to their whims about where they want to go, when they want to work and what jobs they want to do.
However there are ways to deal with people to get the best out of them, so a planner who understands their drivers and how to get the best from them will probably get a better quality of job from their drivers than one who is just rude and ignorant. Although judging by the attitude of some drivers there really doesn’t seem much point in being polite with them, as far as they’re concerned they know best and anybody who has the audacity to ask them to actually do some work is obviously a slave driver and therefore should be treated with contempt.

+1 A moderate voice of reason…

HDL:

PaulNowak:
Is it still John Boy Kelly and his fleet of prehistoric chrome?

That was Megatruckers,John Kelly went down owing $60 million so I doubt there will be another series.

Supertruckers is about Kings Heavy Haulage from Bristol.It was slightly better than Stobart TV but not by much.

bloody hell ,$60 million,i know he went bust but I never knew he owed that much,loadsamoney to quote harry enfield

truckman020:
bloody hell ,$60 million,i know he went bust but I never knew he owed that much,loadsamoney to quote harry enfield

And that was just to his chromers