Supermarkets

So Who’s Enforcing the wearing of masks - and who’s not?

Not all of us are able to get delivery slots for home delivery…

According this article, Costa, Sainsburys and Asda are leaving it to the police to enforce, but that still runs a risk of a fine if a plod happens to walk in whilst one is halfway through doing the shop.

Since I’m not seeing many car drivers out-and-about in particular wearing masks, I’m thinking there can’t be much enthusiasm for wearing the things in general.

So what goes on around the country, your own local experiences then?

Discuss…

Wear a mask when you’re in a shop.
Seriously, what is so difficult to understand? Is it going to ■■■■■■■ you emotionally for life if you have to wear one for 20 minutes while going round Tesco?

If you can’t get a slot for home delivery, then book a slot for click and collect . . . or alternatively, be a complete and utter drama queen.

I’ve been wearing one at supermarkets for a while now.
And since became.law started wearing them at motorway services and when am.fuelling my truck.up etc.
Have noticed last few days more n more drivers wearing them in the services.

Don’t know the rules on wearing them at deliveries. Warehouses units etc.
But I carry one
.and.if the place looks a bit dodgy I’ll wear it.

If place looks clean and staff stay away then I don’t bother

Sat on a bay at a customers this morning when the (maskless) yard chimp strutted over and informed me that lorry drivers must wear them on site whilst sat in their vehicles. I told him to eff off. He reported me to my boss. Hey ho.

S’up to you, i don’t wear one when in a shop and have no intention of doing so, the unmuzzled supermarket girls could not be more friendly and chatty but then i’m friendly and chatty, not bothered by what anyone else thinks.
Worrying just how quickly and easily this nation has been cowed into conforming, some bugger has to stand up and say no, might as well be one of us.

I wear one in a shop, when I could be close to someone, or cough over goods someone else may buy. I hope others do the same.
In offices, MSAs, yes.
Sat in my cab or car, walking or working in the open air away from others, no.
No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Juddian:
S’up to you, i don’t wear one when in a shop and have no intention of doing so, the unmuzzled supermarket girls could not be more friendly and chatty but then i’m friendly and chatty, not bothered by what anyone else thinks.
Worrying just how quickly and easily this nation has been cowed into conforming, some bugger has to stand up and say no, might as well be one of us.

As far as I understand if you wear a mask it helps in stopping you infecting someone else, not so much stopping you catching it so if that is true I think its a little bit selfish not wearing one when you out shopping. So I wear one even when I pop into a corner shop or petrol station. The virus is starting to get out of control again, so I also think they should close pubs down again (this is going to make me popular) because what I have seen so far no one is taking any notice of the social distancing when they had a couple of pints.

At my collection and delivery points, hardly anyone has had a mask on despite it being mandatory. It has made me feel a bit stupid wearing mine but c’est la vie!

Other places like msa’s and shops, take up has been 50/50 ish i’d say.

I find it strange that some people are choosing not to wear a mask so as not to be labeled a “sheep” or “snowflake” and even stranger that some are refusing just to be rebellious. That’s up to them at the end of the day, no hard feeling from me. To each his own.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Got told at sainsbury Grantham garage to pay at the night kiosk and not to come in the shop if I wasn’t going to wear a face mask , ok
Sainsbury supermarket , looks like most wearing them
Morrison’s the same
Asda the same
Home bargains , the staff are walking around the shop without them on but most customers wearing them
Farrier pub , told you don’t need to wear them in or outside pub , same as pubs in notts been in
It’s more forgetfulness with me , and then I’m not driving all the way home or walking back to the car to fetch it , mrs disowns me as she religiously wears one , as does my girl , maybe as there nhs they’ve seen enough to know they don’t want it ( daughter may of had it as had symptoms) but wasn’t tested so don’t know for sure

Lidl aren’t enforcing it,although I do wear mine.
Called in at Watford gap,for a coffee on Monday night and forgot to put mine on.
Carried on regardless…most of the other customers were maskless.

The situation here is that I’d like to shop around for a place that doesn’t enforce mask wearing, so I can get my mrs to come along with me. If the shop we’re trying to get to then tries to make her wear a mask, she won’t want to darken their doors again, and so far Tesco - a place we used to shop at often - has been totally boycotted by her, the last time we went being back in March…
She’s determined not to be pushed around, and just wants to take her business elsewhere, thinking that SOME shops will smell the opportunity here, and deliberately NOT enforce, so they get the extra custom in, which she is happy to line up and be one of.

How many of us on here have had a previously healthy out-and-about NO medical issues person they vaguely know, have perhaps only spoken to in a pub, friend of a friend - who’s since caught Covid and died from it…?

Being told to “believe what you see on mainstream media” is like some vicar telling you that you’ll go to hell if you don’t come to church… That’s great for the “halfway” people who’ve not been for a while, but are still essentially religious - but not for those hardline atheists and/or other faiths that just don’t believe they will go to hell - because they don’t believe in hell neither!! :unamused: :unamused:

I’m just not seeing enough people I vaguely know even GET Covid outside of a Hospital, where they are already down with “pre-existing medical conditions”, usually of a respiartory type, but I have an aunt who’s undergoing cancer treatment who’s since caught covid - but is still hanging on for the time being.

Covid seems to be very much a Hospital disease to me - very much like MRSA was just a few short years back…

Some have already argued that SARS was far worse six months in, and the Swine Flu of 2018 was really bad in my locale, and my own household all had it run through them at least twice each, myself included.
I think we caught it at a swimming baths btw.

I agree with locking down swimming baths then, as the risk of legionaire’s disease (another killer respiatory ailment) is prevalent there.

So I’ll re-phrase my original question:

Is there a shop that is trying to gain market share by delierbately NOT enforcing the wearing of masks, evident by the vast majority of people going in there NOT wearing one, and door staff waving people in who are clearly NOT wearing one…

Before this recent update to enforcement thing, I was going to Asda, Aldi and Lidl on a regular basis. You could get in there no problems without a mask, although some people seemed to doff them on whilst waiting in the queue, despite not everyone else around them following suit. It seems to be a matter of personal faith if one wants to wear one, or feels the need to wear one…

Where do I go for such a panacea lax regime where I don’t risk losing more of my meagre earnings to fines for what to me, amounts to “walking on the cracks in the pavement”…?

What I don’t get is this.
Since this started were told wash our hands wash our hands. Everyware you go there’s sanitizing stations
etc. The virus lives on surfaces were told.
The government should make us all.wear gloves.
It occurred to me weeks ago I walk around tesco.pushing my trolly. I always wear disposable gloves…
Yet 99% of the shoppers don’t.
I always try n wear gloves when possible.

Franglais:
I wear one in a shop, when I could be close to someone, or cough over goods someone else may buy. I hope others do the same.
In offices, MSAs, yes.
Sat in my cab or car, walking or working in the open air away from others, no.
No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

This times a million. I seriously wonder how people can make it any more complex than this. I can’t stand Boris Johnson and/or our government but it really is this simple.

why is it i cant read winseers posts ?.they just look so boring.

gingo:
why is it i cant read winseers posts ?.they just look so boring.

And very long :laughing:

I tie two socks together, seems to work fine, only problem I’ve found is people keep falling over me as I take my boots off, to get my socks to use as a face covering… Idea s or help.

I wear a shemagh over my face in shops, at the end of the day if it stops me infecting someone else or stops me taking something home to my kid then I’m not bothered. Those people who refuse to wear one then start gobbing off to staff when asked to wear one need to get a grip of themselves.

I do think that if customers must wear one then the staff should also, seems a bit hypocritical to be honest. In my garrison pretty much everyone wears one. Went into a little shop in Weymouth today though and nobody was wearing one, I take it they’re rebelling.

What exactly are you trying to say winseer? Are you essentially trying to argue that this virus is a hoax? Or that it’s being blown out of proportion so they can get the 5G towers out ready to control you? I used to see your posts and think you were an intelligent bloke, have to say I’m very disappointed

Winseer:
The situation here is that I’d like to shop around for a place that doesn’t enforce mask wearing, so I can get my mrs to come along with me. If the shop we’re trying to get to then tries to make her wear a mask, she won’t want to darken their doors again, and so far Tesco - a place we used to shop at often - has been totally boycotted by her, the last time we went being back in March…
She’s determined not to be pushed around, and just wants to take her business elsewhere, thinking that SOME shops will smell the opportunity here, and deliberately NOT enforce, so they get the extra custom in, which she is happy to line up and be one of.

How many of us on here have had a previously healthy out-and-about NO medical issues person they vaguely know, have perhaps only spoken to in a pub, friend of a friend - who’s since caught Covid and died from it…?

Being told to “believe what you see on mainstream media” is like some vicar telling you that you’ll go to hell if you don’t come to church… That’s great for the “halfway” people who’ve not been for a while, but are still essentially religious - but not for those hardline atheists and/or other faiths that just don’t believe they will go to hell - because they don’t believe in hell neither!! :unamused: :unamused:

I’m just not seeing enough people I vaguely know even GET Covid outside of a Hospital, where they are already down with “pre-existing medical conditions”, usually of a respiartory type, but I have an aunt who’s undergoing cancer treatment who’s since caught covid - but is still hanging on for the time being.

Covid seems to be very much a Hospital disease to me - very much like MRSA was just a few short years back…

Some have already argued that SARS was far worse six months in, and the Swine Flu of 2018 was really bad in my locale, and my own household all had it run through them at least twice each, myself included.
I think we caught it at a swimming baths btw.

I agree with locking down swimming baths then, as the risk of legionaire’s disease (another killer respiatory ailment) is prevalent there.

So I’ll re-phrase my original question:

Is there a shop that is trying to gain market share by delierbately NOT enforcing the wearing of masks, evident by the vast majority of people going in there NOT wearing one, and door staff waving people in who are clearly NOT wearing one…

Before this recent update to enforcement thing, I was going to Asda, Aldi and Lidl on a regular basis. You could get in there no problems without a mask, although some people seemed to doff them on whilst waiting in the queue, despite not everyone else around them following suit. It seems to be a matter of personal faith if one wants to wear one, or feels the need to wear one…

Where do I go for such a panacea lax regime where I don’t risk losing more of my meagre earnings to fines for what to me, amounts to “walking on the cracks in the pavement”…?

It’s to stop you spreading it to vulnerable people.

I’m getting the idea that Winseer sees himself as some kind of a rebel hero here. :laughing:
I’m guessing this is the first time he’s ever non conformed to anything…I’ll show em, I won’t wear my mask. :unamused:
Winseer mate nobody gives a ■■■■!! …If you want to wear one wear one if you don’t then don’t. :bulb: simples.

Way I see it if I go into Greggs or somewhere, the young girl behind the counter does not want me inadvertantly coughing towards her, and if it makes her feel better me rocking up in my skull snood, then fair do.s, it probably also gives older vulnerable people in the shop confidence too…even if it’s doing absolutely ■■■■ all!!.
So where’s the harm??

So nobody thinks you’re some kind of John Wayne without a mask type rebellious hero Winseer, swaggering around Aldi, with a no doubt smug ‘‘look at me’’ smile on yer boat, (probably wearing a James Dean leather jacket for good measure. :unamused: :laughing: ) but instead they all think you are just a bit of a prat, trust me on that
…so deal with it mate,
Newsflash.
NO ■■■■ CARES !! :bulb: :bulb:

I don’t have Covid, so why would I worry about passing something on I don’t believe I have in the first place?

I don’t believe I have clap, AIDS, Tuberculosis, or any other dangerous disease, despite the fact I come within six feet of fornicators, LGBT, and EE people every day at work. I don’t worry about such things, because to do so means “not going out at all, ever again”. We’ve all been given a choice of “believe it, or not” here. I don’t feel the need to be tested to “prove” anything, and I’m not going to wear “Track and Trace” anymore than I’ll sign up to Big Brother in any other shape or form.

There has been NO outbreak among Beach crowds despite the huge number of people in close proximity for consecutive days at a time.

There have been no tales of “thousands of people having even CAUGHT Covid from being on the beach @ Bournemouth/Brighton etc.”

I am seeking out like-minded individuals to myself who are prepared to take that leap-of-faith.

I got my hair cut a few weeks ago. There were two barbers shops next door to each other. One had hand sanitizer, and you were required to not pay with coins. The other one insisted you wore a mask, insisted you paid by contactless card, and had no masks nor sanitizer to hand out to people. The number of people in each place was about the SAME though, which quite surprised me…

Covid should be subject to “If you believe it” discretion for everyone, just as people that don’t have a religious faith are permitted in our liberal secular society to “not participate” if they do not wish to.
We are not a Theocratic State like Iran, after all.

I can’t believe that after thousands of people turned up at beaches, “peaceful protests”, and even Crowded Workplaces - that there are not businesses out there that have already decided that if they have not caught nor carried covid to date - then it is unlikely that they will EVER do so.

As for the Police - I want to see them rounding up illegal immigrants, especially under Preti Patel as Home Secretary. I expect this of her NOT see those caught crossing the channel now put up in vacant hotels and guarded by Serco security bounces at taxpayer expense… If the Government feel the need to lie to, and deceive the public all the time, then I’m buggered if I’m going to follow their edicts, if I can get around them without being financially penalised in the process. :angry: