Supermarket work,cutting up the job

davepenn54:

tyler4164:
One of our drivers used to do a regular run, torquay, exeter, honiton, dorchester & yeovil. Hes been on this run for almost 8 yrs & was taking about 10 1/2 hrs to do it but sometimes abit longer. Anyway the round was changed slightly because dorchester depot closed & weymouth was added meaning the round was slightly longer. To cut along story short the driver was taken off the round & i was put on it, The driver was not happy & is still protesting months later. I find this round so much better then my old round & i can do it easily in 9 1/2 hrs sometimes less. The driver who used to do it has said to me i must be speeding etc to do it in that time & i should slow down but this is not the case. I just like to get on with the job & im not gonna change the way i work because he says so. I have been told by the staff at the different drops that he used to hang it out longer to get overtime but i have a life outside this job that i love so i like to get it done & get home. I think the driver in question has had it easy & didnt want the bosses finding out just how long this round really takes.
Now i know some of you will probably think im stupid & its people like me who make this job harder for others by getting it done quicker but i dont care. I am paid for 48hrs a week & anything over that is paid at time & a half but theres more to life then money.

Bloody hell mate :exclamation: :exclamation: so over 5 days youv’e gained 5 hours of extra home/life time :unamused: :unamused:

Don’t think you are stupid mate :laughing: just think your attitude is typical of the new crop of drivers, self centred and selfish. It won’t be long before another fella comes along and takes 45mins; off the time you are doing it in but hey ho will you accept that or complain about it :question:

Youv’e chopped a guy’s regular run down by a measly 1hr and your bosses love you :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: you’d better hope they still love you when the next speedy guy get’s a start and carves your little run up coz you might find it difficult to find any more runs to carve up.

Bet all your workmate’s love you fella. :astonished: :open_mouth: :laughing: :unamused:

Regards
Dave Penn;

I dont give a crap what my bosses think of me, im there to do a job & i do it simple as. I do get on with the other drivers so that aint an issue & im not the bosses favourite far from it. Yeah i get an extra 5hrs at home with my future wife & kids & i love it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tyler4164:
One of our drivers used to do a regular run, torquay, exeter, honiton, dorchester & yeovil. Hes been on this run for almost 8 yrs & was taking about 10 1/2 hrs to do it but sometimes abit longer. Anyway the round was changed slightly because dorchester depot closed & weymouth was added meaning the round was slightly longer. To cut along story short the driver was taken off the round & i was put on it, The driver was not happy & is still protesting months later. I find this round so much better then my old round & i can do it easily in 9 1/2 hrs sometimes less. The driver who used to do it has said to me i must be speeding etc to do it in that time & i should slow down but this is not the case. I just like to get on with the job & im not gonna change the way i work because he says so. I have been told by the staff at the different drops that he used to hang it out longer to get overtime but i have a life outside this job that i love so i like to get it done & get home. I think the driver in question has had it easy & didnt want the bosses finding out just how long this round really takes.
Now i know some of you will probably think im stupid & its people like me who make this job harder for others by getting it done quicker but i dont care. I am paid for 48hrs a week & anything over that is paid at time & a half but theres more to life then money.

:open_mouth: Somebody else that thinks like me :open_mouth:

4whatitsworth:

tyler4164:

Youll be shot down in flames for saying you agree with me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

4whatitsworth:

tyler4164:

two people who want to get the job done, congrats, i think the same where life should be first not MONEY.

tyler4164:

4whatitsworth:

tyler4164:

Youll be shot down in flames for saying you agree with me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So be it :laughing: i’d rather be sat at home than in a tin can for longer than i have to

So you 're not the bosses ‘golden boy’ :question:

If not please answer my question, how would you feel when the next speedy guy comes along and knocks 45 mins off the run you have already cut to the bone :question: :question:

And you are given a run that takes away the extra 5 hrs home/life time you have become used to :exclamation: because you carved a run up for your own ends :unamused: :unamused:

Regards
Dave Penn;

4whatitsworth:

tyler4164:

And me. Thing is when I do get held up i don’t get questioned as severely as those who do drag the job out unreasonably every day. That said I am on a salary, just work steadily, don’t work rest days as I do value my time at home more than my return for being at work.

davepenn54:

If not please answer my question, how would you feel when the next speedy guy comes along and knocks 45 mins off the run you have already cut to the bone :question: :question:

And you are given a run that takes away the extra 5 hrs home/life time you have become used to :exclamation: because you carved a run up for your own ends :unamused: :unamused:

Regards
Dave Penn;

I will do whatever im told to do simples. My last run was 8 drops & i was on that for 2 1/2 yrs. Weston super mare, bridgewater, fishponds bristol, st philips bristol, newport, cwmbran, pontypridd & merthyre tydfill. That used to take me 10 1/2 hrs min to do & that was getting on with it & not parking up for ages. So in answer to ur question i wouldnt give a [zb] im a driver & i do what im told to do.

& for all you drivers who call me selfish atleast im not commiting fraud taking money im not intitled to just for sitting on my arse in a layby somewhere. Im sure your bosses would be frilled to know they are paying their drivers to take the ■■■■. Thats just lazy but then again thats probably why most of you became drivers so u could be paid for sitting on ur lazy arse :laughing:

tyler4164:

davepenn54:

Regards
Dave Penn;

I will do whatever im told to do simples. My last run was 8 drops & i was on that for 2 1/2 yrs. Weston super mare, bridgewater, fishponds bristol, st philips bristol, newport, cwmbran, pontypridd & merthyre tydfill. That used to take me 10 1/2 hrs min to do & that was getting on with it & not parking up for ages. So in answer to ur question i wouldnt give a [zb] im a driver & i do what im told to do.

& for all you drivers who call me selfish atleast im not commiting fraud taking money im not intitled to just for sitting on my arse in a layby somewhere. Im sure your bosses would be frilled to know they are paying their drivers to take the ■■■■. Thats just lazy but then again thats probably why most of you became drivers so u could be paid for sitting on ur lazy arse :laughing:

Uh oh now you’ll have started something :laughing:

4whatitsworth:

tyler4164:

davepenn54:

Regards
Dave Penn;

I will do whatever im told to do simples. My last run was 8 drops & i was on that for 2 1/2 yrs. Weston super mare, bridgewater, fishponds bristol, st philips bristol, newport, cwmbran, pontypridd & merthyre tydfill. That used to take me 10 1/2 hrs min to do & that was getting on with it & not parking up for ages. So in answer to ur question i wouldnt give a C.R.A.P im a driver & i do what im told to do.

Uh oh now you’ll have started something :laughing:

Bring on the trumpets :laughing: :unamused:

OMG toilet4164 your responses are so funny :laughing: :laughing: Think you need to calm down a bit or you are going to stroke out before you reach 30 :exclamation: :exclamation:

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
OMG toilet4164 your responses are so funny :laughing: :laughing: Think you need to calm down a bit or you are going to stroke out before you reach 30 :exclamation: :exclamation:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Bit late for that im 34

34 :exclamation: :exclamation: And you havn’t had a stroke or heart attack yet :question: :question: :unamused:
But just as I thought one of the new breed of ‘truck drivers’ :exclamation: :exclamation:

And just by the by I reckon I could take 30mins off any run you do :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
Experience ‘you know it makes sense’ :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :wink: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
34 :exclamation: :exclamation: And you havn’t had a stroke or heart attack yet :question: :question: :unamused:
But just as I thought one of the new breed of ‘truck drivers’ :exclamation: :exclamation:

And just by the by I reckon I could take 30mins off any run you do :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
Experience ‘you know it makes sense’ :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :wink: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Fair play to u mate whatever makes u happy, i just get the run done in whatever time it takes & it really is that simple. Id be more likely to have a stroke or heart attack out of boredom if i was to drag the work out like you do. Im glad your happy to steal money of your bosses. If taking the ■■■■ means your a proffesional driver then i dont want to be classed as one. I was always under the impression that a proffesional driver is someone who gets the work done without taking the ■■■■ in order to make more money. Like ive already said im so sorry your personal life is so C R A P but we cant all have great lives out of work can we. I feel so sorry for people like you who spend their whole lifes chasing money. SO SAD!

Whoa tyler4164 don’t really understand your last post :question:

Nowhere in my post’s have I said I hang it out or take the ■■■■ out of my employer in fact exactly the opposite, just to put you in the picture my employer sends 2 men to do the same 2 days work as me because my work colleagues won’t do a night out, even though it’s only a 9 hr reduced break. In fact by 2100 Monday I will have worked 18hrs approx, driven for 15hrs done 9 drops and covered 1000kms and will be sleeping in my own bed :exclamation: :exclamation:

In fact its all drops down your end of the Country so I’m sure I might see you catching some ZZZ’s in a lay by near Dorchester :exclamation: :question: :wink:

As I said EXPERIENCE ‘you know it make’s sense’ :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Whoa tyler4164 don’t really understand your last post :question:

Nowhere in my post’s have I said I hang it out or take the ■■■■ out of my employer in fact exactly the opposite, just to put you in the picture my employer sends 2 men to do the same 2 days work as me because my work colleagues won’t do a night out, even though it’s only a 9 hr reduced break. In fact by 2100 Monday I will have worked 18hrs approx, driven for 15hrs done 9 drops and covered 1000kms and will be sleeping in my own bed :exclamation: :exclamation:

In fact its all drops down your end of the Country so I’m sure I might see you catching some ZZZ’s in a lay by near Dorchester :exclamation: :question: :wink:

As I said EXPERIENCE ‘you know it make’s sense’ :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

I do 5 drops a day & cover 452km everyday & you wont ever see me sleeping in a layby. You called me selfish & for what?? If getting on with my job means im selfish then so be it but otherwise what makes you think im selfish?? Explain yourself please.
& yes i have years of driving experience too in all types of vehicles it aint rocket science is it…any muppet can drive

Scarab:
God if only!
Sick of chasing my backside all day no matter where I work. Too many runs/drops and too little time. Can’t remember the last time I didn’t resent having to take my 45 because it’s 45 mins I don’t have.

Scarab, you’re so right… I can sit on my 45 sometimes wishing I could just get on as I haven’t got time to take it!! :open_mouth:

Well fella you don’t really have years of driving experience now do yer :question: :question:
If you are 34 you have 13 at the most on lgvs but I doubt that you got your lgv at 21 :question: :question:

Can’t understand why you feel the need to slag me off in other threads :question: :question:
As i’ve said EXPERIENCE ‘you know it makes sense’

Catch you later, much later :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Well fella you don’t really have years of driving experience now do yer :question: :question:
If you are 34 you have 13 at the most on lgvs but I doubt that you got your lgv at 21 :question: :question:

Can’t understand why you feel the need to slag me off in other threads :question: :question:

Catch you later, much later :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

You was the first one to slag me of by saying im selfish etc so if you cant take it dont dish it out little boy :unamused: :unamused:
I hope i never bump into you but i dont think theres much chance of that as im far too busy being selfish & getting on with my work unlike others :sunglasses: :wink: Have a great sleep

davepenn54:

Regards
Dave Penn;

The only experience you have is how to sleep in a tin box so if i need help with that i know who to come too dont i??