Supermarket shelf full or shortgate of any food?

9 month Bbc and newspaper "wash brain"who drivers shortgate and will be shortgate of food and everything at Christmas. I not seen any empty shelf but what you see??When they start talk about Christmas 2022 emplty supermarket shelf.?Merry Christmas to everyone.

A quick view from me, most supermarkets are quiet, but shelves are full. Yet again, media and pr companies trying to scare the public who, in this case seem to have not fallen into the trap, or bought early!

There was a shortage of sprouts late yesterday and early this morning locally, but he ho after the first daytime lorry had been tipped they were on the shelves again by 10 o’clock, good quality too.

No shortages on the shelves at all.I found one of the best gammon hams I’ve seen for years at Waitrose and any type of turkey you like up to 8kgs at Sainsburys shelves all full.
I’d tested the Christmas pudding a few weeks ago proper old school wheoever had made them for Waitrose.
That and the Spanish truck drivers deal can only assume that someone has been reading all the posts on here.
Hopefully the big Climate panic gets ditched next.

mi13ke:
A quick view from me, most supermarkets are quiet, but shelves are full. Yet again, media and pr companies trying to scare the public who, in this case seem to have not fallen into the trap, or bought early!

At most transport companies as well quit.At Stobart,Dpd,asda not all agency get full week or overtime.

We went to ALDI earlier and they were selling turkeys at 75% off, so much for the shortage.

Popped into Morrisons earlier on way home from work,same thing as above,selling Turkeys off,plenty of stuff,had six staff replenishing beer isles though,a lot of stuff gone but they were on top of it,they did have some great offers on just about everything alcoholic.

The only real shortage the in UK is ■■■■■■■ common sense

Dimlaith:
The only real shortage the in UK is [zb] common sense

^^^^^^

So flicking much this :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Bin Man:
We went to ALDI earlier and they were selling turkeys at 75% off, so much for the shortage.

Much as I detest food waste, I sincerely hope that all the retailers end up being bitten on the backside by all their shortage scares. Though sadly they’ll just claw it back by cutting their payments to suppliers.

Psyops

osark:
Psyops

Is there…

A shortage of pysops?

I think next month they start wash brain about drivers shortgate and empty shelf at Christmas 2022.

pierrot 14:

Dimlaith:
The only real shortage the in UK is [zb] common sense

^^^^^^

So flicking much this :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I second this

Enough turkeys in the shops? Yes, there are.
Back in the summer UK producers realising there would be slaughter house issues cut production from their plans, and the supermarkets took measures to find others.
This year, for the first time since (?) we have had to import turkeys.
This year some turkey prices stayed the same, some rose by up to 30%.

So we pay more, we give EU turkey farmers more money, UK farmers less money.
Fewer poultry workers get work in UK but more do in EU.
We pay more but the Gov gets less taxes for hospitals.

Yep, the shelves are still stocked, brilliant ain`t it.

The only real shortages were caused by the media, we had a run on fuel because the media said there were no fuel tanker drivers, they forgot to mention that there were no fuel tanker drivers willing to work for Suttons and Turners victorian Contracts.

Shortage of pork and pigs in blankets, not here there wasn’t, its a sausage served with a twist of bacon, no shortages of slaughter houses, butchers or killers,

The only genuine shortage I have come across is the supply of CO2; I asked one of our Calor customers about this and was told that whilst it’s by no means as acute as the media would have us believe, supply is still a bit erratic.

I didn’t hear of any shortages over Christmas food or fuel . It would appear there was enough turkey , sausages and bacon for everyone , not one report of people fighting for sprouts either . The AA or the RAC don’t seem to be towing cars off the road due to fuel shortages .
The only conclusion I can come to is the whole thing was a wind up by the media and big business to force the government to open the floodgates to cheap labour so that the wage bill could be forced into the ground again .
They cried wolf and guess what - they got caught out .

beefy4605:
I didn’t hear of any shortages over Christmas food or fuel . It would appear there was enough turkey , sausages and bacon for everyone , not one report of people fighting for sprouts either . The AA or the RAC don’t seem to be towing cars off the road due to fuel shortages .
The only conclusion I can come to is the whole thing was a wind up by the media and big business to force the government to open the floodgates to cheap labour so that the wage bill could be forced into the ground again .
They cried wolf and guess what - they got caught out .

Next April-May will start wash brain again.And some thousand of people start panic and buy Chocolate for Christmas but after couple week will eat ready.Panic increase sale and profit.Same like this buy one get one free offer.People buy by discount but eat after twice more.