Sunday truck ban.You for or against

just read in internet about some plans or dream about Sunday truck ban.i am against.what you main??

Andrejs:
just read in internet about some plans or dream about Sunday truck ban.i am against.what you main??

do you have a link?
is it a UK ban?
i’m totally against all european truck bans. it costs money.

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … -truck-ban

Absolutely a yes…unless they also have a ban MON - FRI… :laughing:

Andrejs:
http://www.commercialmotor.com/latest-news/new-highway-engineers-president-calls-for-sunday-truck-ban

I just read the article in the link and i have to say i completly agree with it, as it states sundays are a day for general public to use the roads and carry out there leasuire activities without the hassle from big mean nasty truck drivers.

so when this is introduced i would expect that Monday through Saturday the general public will be banned from using the roads so that truck drivers can go on about there business unhindered by the general public.

That would be fair and if that is the case like i said i completly agree and support the ban, Only if…

Madguy :smiling_imp:

but what problem at motorway-3 LINE .LORRY JUST IN LEFT LINE.CAN T SEE PROBLEM.SOME PROBLEM CAN SEE JUST IN SINGLE CARIGWAY.lorry drive 40 mile ,car wont 60 or more.all the time to many car drivers blame ,who lorry to slow and…,but car drivers go to supermartket ,buy …THIS STUFF MUST BRING TO SHOP.WHO BRING???LORRY

Think they need to waken up and realise companies cant afford to have units and trailers full of product sit idle for 24 hours :unamused:

mike@penning4hemel.com

Be like this then in a bit…dailymotion.com/video/xkzr6o … rch_algo=1

Yeah I say go for it :smiley:

Once upon a time in a far distant land people did all the shopping they needed from monday to saturday dinnertime. then the shops were shut until monday morning , and people had something called leisure time for one and a half days. they could go out to places with their children and really enjoy themselves without worrying about big smelly juggernauts spoiling it all.and everyone was happy, THEN, some greedy people saw the chance to make loads of money by making she shops open and people go to work every day, and the world was never the same again…

It is a good idea!
As others have said, we used to manage fine before shops were open 24/7.
The constant move towards a 24/7 convenience shopping is not progress. It is a ball and chain for those that have no choice on the hours and days that they work and a nail in the coffin for family time.

well any deliveries over 4 hours away and booked in for 0800 Monday will have to be late if they ban us on sundays - sod getting up before 0400 Monday just to do a delivery
cheers
Steve

turbot:
It is a good idea!
As others have said, we used to manage fine before shops were open 24/7.
The constant move towards a 24/7 convenience shopping is not progress. It is a ball and chain for those that have no choice on the hours and days that they work and a nail in the coffin for family time.

it’s a crap idea.
a driver manages to avoid the french ban, then arrives in the uk to be [zb]ed up by another ban resulting in him not getting home and taking his time off in a layby.
when the ban finishes, he tips, reloads, and turns for the continent. the bloke might get home by the following christmas.
all european truck bans should be abolished. they cost industry billions, and we are in the middle of a recession.

There is more to life than money!! I’m for it, sooner the better!

Why shouldn’t I be able to pull my cap down over my ears, fire up the Micra and hurtle down the middle lane of any motorway at 45 mph, without fear of being bullied by you big and nasty trucks?

Tis supposed to be a free country, after all!

Tsk :unamused:

:smiley: :smiley:

Is it true it’s only a motorway ban? How ■■■■■■■ stupid is that.
all the quaint little villages people go in there leisure time will be choked with trucks avoiding the motorways.

At least it will ensure you get Sundays off :slight_smile:

Yes there should be a ban. It has worked fine over in europe for years now… Parked up by 10pm on a saturday night no movement until 10pm on a sunday night the only lorries that move are ones with perishables on such as fridges etc. We only run 24/7 because the customers ie the supermarkets demand it. With the internet and the such there is no reason for shops to be open 7 days a week what ever happened to sunday the day of rest

No Sundays means less profit for companies and that means less wage for the employees who want it

Yes please!

Sent from my iPhone using my right index finger!