Subsistence/nightout money

Is anybody able to speak about the amount claimed for nights away and the process for claims or whether you get an amount regardless of receipts.Our company insist on receipts for everything which is a pain I would prefer a base rate and work my own budget and needs.Any ideas welcome thanks.

we get £25 cash before or after the night away, what you do with it is up to you. I tend to stay in the motorway stations which are 24hrs and have facilities and you pay £20 for the night but get a £9 dinner voucher.

I’d have thought with a username like yours “Nights Out” in your country would be expensive. :laughing:

Sorry couldn’t resist. :blush:

sane-scotty:
we get £25 cash before or after the night away, what you do with it is up to you. I tend to stay in the motorway stations which are 24hrs and have facilities and you pay £20 for the night but get a £9 dinner voucher.

That equates to you being £5 up?

Suedehead:

sane-scotty:

That equates to you being £5 up?

Night out money/subsistence IS NOT parking money, they are separate, N/O allowance is yours, parking money you claim back from the boss.

Sane Scotty said

we get £25 cash before or after the night away, what you do with it is up to you. I tend to stay in the motorway stations which are 24hrs and have facilities and you pay £20 for the night but get a £9 dinner voucher

Surely the parking as said, is paid by the company above your night out allowance,We are paid £ 35 for a euro night out and £28 for a uk night, and any parking is paid for with the company visa card but not with the food vouchers, to spend in the area.
Klunk

i get £18/night and they will pay for parking in the services too if i’m loaded. if i’m empty i’m expected to find a layby

no, the £25 is to cover everything, so if you want to spend the night in a layby then you`re £25 up, otherwise, any parking fees come out of your £25 etc…mind you, this is the same company that, when I got my £220 SATNAV knicked from my cab, whilst unloading at a customers car park, refuse to pay me to replace it, so I had to buy a new one out of my own money.

regards ss

The Inland Revenue subsistence rate for 2012 is £33.85 per night unless you have a sleeper cab when the rate is reduced by 25%

Where the employer knows that the driver uses the sleeper cab, the amount paid free of tax should not exceed a reasonable reimbursement of:

evening meal and breakfast
washing facilities
upkeep of bedding in the cab.

Maximum payment allowed EIM66110 for this year would be £25.39 although an extra £2 meal allowance could be paid under EIM66140

sane-scotty:
no, the £25 is to cover everything, so if you want to spend the night in a layby then you`re £25 up, otherwise, any parking fees come out of your £25 etc…

regards ss

Expecting you to pay for the safety of the truck too! don’t sound right. You can’t always trust laybyes when your loaded can ya?

We are salaried,and within that agreed weekly take home pay is 2 nights away money,if we do more than 2 we get an extra 20 qiud for each night away,but some weeks we don’t do any,some we are out Mon-Thu.

We do more or less the same jobs at the same times,so over the 7 years I have been here I have my regular free overnight stops,we never use motorway areas,only for a toilet/shower/paper. I do agree with above post though,you should not have pay for parking with your allowance.

I’m out all week every week and get £23 per night for the pleasure of sleeping in my truck. The company I work for prefer you to park in ‘secure’ parking and would rather pay the fees than the repair bills when your truck gets damaged by the lovely night roaming scroats. Any costs for parking or tolls are paid by myself and then I phone the total in on a thursday morning and when I get back on a friday/saturday its there waiting for me. Happy days.

Paid a daily rate and then just over £20 a night out on top in with wages. If we need to park in services or truckstop through hours or load issues then its paid in with wages as well. Usually find us in laybys or industrial estates though which is easy enough as we tend to load same places regular.

sane-scotty:
no, the £25 is to cover everything, so if you want to spend the night in a layby then you`re £25 up, otherwise, any parking fees come out of your £25 etc…

regards ss

you’re being had mate.

sane-scotty:

Have a look on HMRC website it mentions that night out money is NOT intended to pay for truck parking. It is for DRIVERS subsistence!!
Of course its up to you if you want to continue getting ripped off! :unamused:

limeyphil:

sane-scotty:

regards ss

you’re being had mate.

+1

I get £23 but parking is also paid if I park somewhere that’s costs altho I try not too on principle! I personally feel parking is a rip off and altho I don’t pay out my own pocket I don’t want to encourage it! Usually stop for a shower ect then find a quiet ind est to park on where possible, in 8 years I’ve never had a problem anywhere

Heard of companies that don’t re-imburse parking but thought it was an urban myth, amazing.

In such a case the truck would stop where i was personally safe and wanted to be, near food and amenities, if the load or fuel disappear during the night, tough…job would only be temporary stop gap anyway.

£22 per night out paid in cash the following week.

Any parking expenses are reimbursed ON TOP of this.

E.G.

3 x nights out…= £66

parking night 1…£10
parking night 2…£17
parking night 3…£0 (parked on farm)

Total reimbursed the following week…£93 in cash with wageslip.

I tend to keep this cash in my wallet to pay for food and parking etc the following week , sort of like a float really

limeyphil:

sane-scotty:

regards ss

you’re being had mate.

i dont think he is being " had " as such, its just the driver dosent seem to understand the companies policy on parking… i.e you get £25 night out money, if you want to pay for parking it comes out of your £25 if not just keep the £25 :bulb: :confused:

thats about it yeah. I suppose its my choice at the end of the day.