Stupid wreckless driver

ill start this post by saying how very informative this forum is for information regarding all driver issues regarding safety out on the road.Now afew weeks ago i was driving southbound on the A1 motorway near to west moor with my dad and two year old son when a what i can only describe as a bloody idiotic and wreckless driver tailgated my car for about 5 miles.Not only did this stupid driver tailgate but had the nerve to flash at me for about a mile of that distance also. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ill not give out details of name or company but you want to be bloody ashamed of yourself,driving a 44 tonne killing machine so close with no chance whatsoever with safety of anybody in your mind.i emailed this company regarding this driver and got a email back off them saying that due to an informed conversion with the said driver he was merely trying to warn me of a brake light that was out.what a load of rubbish my lights were absolutely fine and god knows how he knew i didnt even brake once if anything i was trying to get out of his way.i just hope this driver wakes up and pays attention with his driving or there will be casulaties where this driver is concerned.no doubt about that. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

dazamc1983:
ill start this post by saying how very informative this forum is for information regarding all driver issues regarding safety out on the road.Now afew weeks ago i was driving southbound on the A1 motorway near to west moor with my dad and two year old son when a what i can only describe as a bloody idiotic and wreckless driver tailgated my car for about 5 miles.Not only did this stupid driver tailgate but had the nerve to flash at me for about a mile of that distance also. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: ill not give out details of name or company but you want to be bloody ashamed of yourself,driving a 44 tonne killing machine so close with no chance whatsoever with safety of anybody in your mind.i emailed this company regarding this driver and got a email back off them saying that due to an informed conversion with the said driver he was merely trying to warn me of a brake light that was out.what a load of rubbish my lights were absolutely fine and god knows how he knew i didnt even brake once if anything i was trying to get out of his way.i just hope this driver wakes up and pays attention with his driving or there will be casulaties where this driver is concerned.no doubt about that. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Did the driver wear a green uniform? :smiley:

Were u doing 35 mph in a 50 mph road works

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

would be a lot more interesting with the name of company…

alix776:

What is the relevance of this? Best you disappear and have a read of the highway code and then come and inform the rest of us where it gives you the right to be a â– â– â– â–  .

alix776:

No road works at all.this driver was tailgating my car for about 5 bloody miles.what would of happened if there was someone pulled out on me,no doubt that idiot would of went straight in the back of us.simple as that.just plain stupid driving and at what cost killing three innocent people?

This makes no sense if it wasn’t s/c. Ive got a feeling you’re one of these people that when they see a lorry overtaking them they speed up, then the lorry drops back in, then you slow down again, then the lorry trys another overtake and you speed up. You probably dont even realise you’re doing it. This happens regular.

If he is tailgating you for 5 miles then that must mean your right in his speed limiter window and if he has got that close to you that you feel the need to grass him up and â– â– â– â– â–  on here about it then he should have had enough speed to go past you unless you where playing silly buggers.

Here is a question why didnt you ease off or speed up? I know you dont have to, but if you have your family in the back, is this not the correct course of action?
Need more details or you’ll get ripped apart in this thread, not condoning this lorry driver alleged behavior but its not adding up.

If someone was tailgating me id slow down and let them past… its as easy as that

Forgot too add theres know need to tailgate, its bad driving skills FULLSTOP.

O/p a middle lane hog perhaps? I’m taking no sides, but why not either accelerate away from the truck (even adding just a couple of mph will soon lose a truck when he’s on his limiter) or as suggested, drop off your speed and let him past? To have him tailgating for 5 miles suggests the o/p didn’t or wouldn’t change lanes. I’d sooner come off the gas for 30 seconds and let him go (even if he is a stupid, impatient t**t) than risk his judgement!

Something tells me there’s more to this than the op is letting in my bs meter is hitting thebroof

The A1 has a speed limit for a car of 60 mph, a trucks speed is 50 mph on the same road, and most drivers like to stay at that speed, there are some who take it to 56 which is the maximum speed a truck can do, as it is limited by law. If you were travelling at less than the trucks speed, i cant understand why he wouldnt overtake you, if he indeed was tailgaiting, then he deserves to be reported, and the excuse from his company was not helpful, unfortunately there are a few drivers out there who shouldnt be driving a large vehicle, there are others who drive like lunatics, and give us a bad name, there are also others who will slate you, for reporting him, good luck to you for that, and to encourage further reporting, there is a freephone number on the back of a lot of trucks and vans, to encourage people to report bad driving, in order to curtail what you have reported.

44ton killing machine shame such car drivers dont think of that before they pull out in front of someone or jump in at last minute just to get one car in front :unamused:

Truckyboy, car limit 70. Its dual carriageway/ motorway. Maybe op middle/ overtaking lane hogger.

yes Truckboy please inform the rest of the class when the A1 was reclassified?

I have no respect for grasses, maybe if you weren’t in the truck drivers’ way in the 1st place ie drove faster/slower or kept left mr OP then none if this ■■■■ would have happened…!!! :imp:

I could believe the tailgating but why the flashing of lights, lane hogger or overtook to slow lorry down imo.

Country is full of people that are so stupid and thick that they just think about getting a reaction from someone, rather getting themselves out of the situation. What you should of done was speed up and get away from the truck because you stated you was concerned for your child. Why allow the truck to sit behind you for that long when you had concerns for your childs safety?

Unlike the truck, you can speed up and you then would be out of danger. Can’t people think whilst they drive, or is this a troll post?

Mick

alix776:

It’s a limit not a target!

alix776:
Something tells me there’s more to this than the op is letting in my bs meter is hitting the roof

Yeah I tend to agree. It does seem strange that you stayed within flashing distance of this apparent killer in a 44 ton truck.

Why did you not either speed up, slow down so he could overtake you, or pull off and let him travel on without threatening you?

It would be interesting to hear the other side of this story.

I would just like to emphasise I do not condone any form of motorised intimidation, but like alix776, I do feel there’s more to this than we have read in the OP’s 2nd post!