Stuck/Marooned

On the M74 near Crawford. Bad snow. Motorway closed due to adverse weather Southbound and Northbound its closed because of an accident.

Happy Friday :slight_smile:

toonsy:
On the M74 near Crawford. Bad snow. Motorway closed due to adverse weather Southbound and Northbound its closed because of an accident.

Stand by for another missed steak dinner thread, if a certain person is up there today. :smiley:
Hope he’s well stocked up with pot noodles and Lilt. :smiley:

I knew there was a risk of it so woke up a bit earlier, checked the traffic, seen Edinburgh lit up lit a Christmas tree with road events which was odd at 3.30am and decided then to get cracking.

Still plenty of time left in the bank for me at the minute :slight_smile:

toonsy:
I knew there was a risk of it so woke up a bit earlier, checked the traffic, seen Edinburgh lit up lit a Christmas tree with road events which was odd at 3.30am and decided then to get cracking.

0330? :open_mouth:
â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  to that in winter, (or anytime of the year really :smiley: )
I’d have turned over and waited to 6 until the dust (or snow :smiley: ) had settled a bit.

robroy:

toonsy:

â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  to that in winter, (or anytime of the year really :smiley: )
I’d have turned over and waited to 6 until the dust (or snow :smiley: ) had settled a bit.

0330, pah… had to collect at 0300 for a 0530 tip, not impressed, but be finished by 1400 I hope.

Started at 7 this morning (as I do every day) to be told that I will only have two local trailer-swaps to do instead of the usual four. Then I’ll be off on my regular trunk run (an hour each way, plus 30 minutes or so to tip it) before returning for a comfortable 2 o’clock finish. Just the job on POETS day :slight_smile:

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Still in bed.
Got Birmingham and Nottingham.

Probably

Go to work…

On Friday?

Giggle. :laughing:

Got to just shy of 40°C here, again today. Overnight temps are still a bit brisk at 20°C. :laughing:

Three of ours are en route to Livingston. Being of an err East European persuasion you’d think that snow would present no problem, oh no Siree, one is parked in a ditch, one other is not contactable and the third one (according to his forward facing camera) was trying to reverse out of a cul de sac in a housing estate! Unsuccessfully I might add.

robroy:

toonsy:

Prefer early starts anyway mate.

Plus…

Early start early dart for a Friday.

the maoster:
Three of ours are en route to Livingston. Being of an err East European persuasion you’d think that snow would present no problem, oh no Siree, one is parked in a ditch, one other is not contactable and the third one (according to his forward facing camera) was trying to reverse out of a cul de sac in a housing estate! Unsuccessfully I might add.

Probably no problem at all with a tractor tyred Kamaz rigid.There are no housing estates or ditches in the way across the frozen steppeland. :wink: :laughing:

the maoster:

Are they from Philip flopski agency … they are definitely rising stars…

I`m marooned on the sofa and have been stuck here since 3pm

peirre:
I`m marooned on the sofa and have been stuck here since 3pm

Same.

biggriffin:

robroy:

toonsy:

0330, pah… had to collect at 0300 for a 0530 tip, not impressed, but be finished by 1400 I hope.

Yes he did collect at 03:00am :smiling_imp: :laughing: my alarm was set for 04:20am :unamused:

toonsy:

Company I work for has several trunks stuck there for hours this morning , few guys in the yard didn’t have a run this morning and had to wait about for them arriving

toonsy:

Punchy Dan:

biggriffin:

robroy:

toonsy:

Yes he did collect at 03:00am :smiling_imp: :laughing: my alarm was set for 04:20am :unamused:

And was finished at 1400… so result…

Why did you not work the max until 18:00 ,asking for a friend :laughing: