Strensham services northbound warning

Just happened now 8 mins into my break and a silver vauxhall zafira pulls between me and next truck. I hear Irish voices not clear enough to hear but very friendly. Sure enough it pulls by drivers tank and then I hear a pump didn’t sound very loud but the sort of what you’d pump a dingy up with.
Anyone a few minutes goes past and its all ‘God bless yer sir’ and they pull round to next truck. I pulled away after that. I think the back windows were blacked out too.
Just be careful.

Was on there last night only me and 5 others not normally that empty, ,made sure fuel cap was locked if they get it undone theres an anti syphon fitted.
Thankfully everyone was spaced out

Daytrunker:
Was on there last night only me and 5 others not normally that empty, ,made sure fuel cap was locked if they get it undone theres an anti syphon fitted.

Spaced out :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Daytrunker:

What had everyone been smoking :question:

Must have been the shock of finding the new showers, made a change to find showers clean hot and stayed hot, get a swipe card from smiths and they are between the door and lorry park.

seems to be a few stories at the moment of the p.ikeys pleading poverty or selling assorted crap.

green456:

Daytrunker:

What had everyone been smoking :question:

Titter.

anti syphon device crap 1 hit with chisel open ring police on these f…rs don’t tackle em on ur own boys. :smiley:

LASHHGV:
Just happened now 8 mins into my break and a silver vauxhall zafira pulls between me and next truck. I hear Irish voices not clear enough to hear but very friendly. Sure enough it pulls by drivers tank and then I hear a pump didn’t sound very loud but the sort of what you’d pump a dingy up with.
Anyone a few minutes goes past and its all ‘God bless yer sir’ and they pull round to next truck. I pulled away after that. I think the back windows were blacked out too.
Just be careful.

You of course noted down the registration and called the police?

Conor:

LASHHGV:
Just be careful.

You of course noted down the registration and called the police?

No offence committed, the driver agreed to give them “some” diesel, if that “some” (5 litres) happens to be 50 litres or 100 litres then that’s just the way she goes Beachy.

What is the point of these anti-siphon devices when the stack assembly is unprotected right next to it?

You know what Conor I was waiting for somwone to come up with that. But as other poster says nothing illegal happened apart from truck company loosing diesel and you try to prove it. As for registration it was dusk and car was parked in between trucks.

It really doesn’t matter that (you think) nothing illegal has happened on this occasion (although I think you’ll find it has…). If the police had been given the details of that vehicle as “suspected of dodgy fuel-related activity” it might just trigger a more “inquisitive” response if it happens to be clocked lurking/parked up somewhere else in the future.

Besides that, the Vectra might already be “of interest” to the Police anyway…

The driver wasn’t being robbed though he was being very stupid so I’m not calling police. Never have faith in them at the best of times. I’m sure some of the great off here would of waded in with their baseball bat.

Driver wasn’t being robbed - but his employer almost certainly was. But I’m sure they could afford the small loss, so no harm done, eh?

Just finishing my 45 min patrol of strensham all is well.

Roymondo:
It really doesn’t matter that (you think) nothing illegal has happened on this occasion (although I think you’ll find it has…). If the police had been given the details of that vehicle as “suspected of dodgy fuel-related activity” it might just trigger a more “inquisitive” response if it happens to be clocked lurking/parked up somewhere else in the future.

Besides that, the Vectra might already be “of interest” to the Police anyway…

“There’s a policeman lurking inside all of us, and he needs to be destroyed”…thats not a quote of mine, but its one i wholeheartedly agree with.
You’re seriously suggesting that it really doesn’t matter that nothing illegal has happened but you should report it anyway ? Actually when something illegal does happen and you report it ■■■■ all happens anyway. So, what does that mean, whats the implications of that ?
Lets see…100 people ,make reports. The police go with the ones THEY are interested in. The police have finite rescources, so if you reported some thing they are not interested in then you’ll lose out.
It’ll come of some comfort to people suffering easily preventable Anti Sociable Behaviour etc. , some thing the police can prevent easily, to know they are ■■■■■■■ on some Insurance Fraud scam. The Police will say “insurance Fraud” cost us all ■■ amount of pounds per year, and gullible people will think “yeah, they’re doing a great job”. I’m thinking Insurance companies make enough to pay for their own investigators, the public are paying for this stuff, To make sure insurance companies are not ripped off at teh expense of themselves?
Don’t get me started on ACPO !! :smiley:
Its been of great comfort to me this week that the latest crime initiatives have been coppers in Tescos car park fitting “anti tamper” screws to peoples number pates (three vans and about six coppers) on what is essentially no more than a PR excercise for some private company, oh and they’ve also been in Tescos advertising some sort of false LED TV to put in your home whilst on holiday to beffudle burgulars.
I’m not beffudled at all, although i might come across differently i actually do have a lot of time for coppers, its their management i detest. I would imagine none of them thought when they applied for the job of helping their community they where going to be fitting security screws and false tellys for companies in bed with ACPO.
I accept the OP’s warning/statement for what it is, no more no less. And i couple that with my own experience to help keep me and my derv safe. I don’t need anyone to capitalise on that. And nor do any of us.

Thanks Mike I think you just have to be scouse to talk sense.

Waits for fatboy :grimacing:

I'm not suggesting that anyone should expect a police response to such an incident each and every time one is reported - much less that finite resources should be pulled away from other matters to deal with it. But if there *did* just happen to have been a patrol car poking about on the Southbound Services (maybe even looking for some up-to-no-good itinerant diesel thieves) at the time this happened, wouldn't it have been nice to give them the info regarding these guys, to at least increase the chance of catching them "in the act"?

On the one hand it’s all well and good whining about the Police “not doing anything about” diesel theft etc, but if you don’t volunteer information about an incident such as this when it does happen, how can they? People do come to them with information and complaints about Antisocial Behaviour etc, so that’s what they act on.

As Raymondo said if the police dont know they cant act or stop diesel thefts