Stowaway killed

paramedic.org.uk/Members/pcd … nlorryfall

Does not say if it is a British or foreign motor, or mention the Driver…sorry…fall guy.

Is the tarmac on that strecth of the A1 ok?, i believe it was resurfaced recently i hope its still ok.

im sorry my attitude is he shouldnt have been there.

on the same note i wish anybody dead but what do these people think hiding and jumping from moving lorries.

Tough Brown Stuff! (for full language version, see Mals site :laughing: )

tough

like alex sez

he shouldnt have been there

but what do these people think hiding and jumping from moving lorries

waits for the self righteousness brigade now

Nice people

well i guess if they’re prepared to go to those sort of lengths it shows how bad things must be for them at home, but…

…yeah if you hang on the bottom of a lorry doing 50 odd on a motorway or hide in the back then tough ■■■■ it you get killed doing it, they’re not idiots they know the risks :unamused:

Of course there are always some drivers who’ll charge a fee to carry stowaways, like the Dutch guy who was responsible for suffocating 58 chinese people a couple of years back.

dennisw1:
Of course there are always some drivers who’ll charge a fee to carry stowaways, like the Dutch guy who was responsible for suffocating 58 chinese people a couple of years back.

yep i agree that is totally unacceptable :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

but driving your lorry you drive at the speed that is acceptable to traffic road conditions and the load you are carrying not to the dimwit who has hid in the back waiting to jump out. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

dennisw1:
well i guess if they’re prepared to go to those sort of lengths it shows how bad things must be for them at home

Maybe, but why risk an equally horrific death getting to the UK. they could simply stop in any country outside theirs and start a new life.

I’ve told this story before, but one of our drivers parked in calais. immigrants thought he was coming back to the uk, and got into the trailer. next morning, when they realised he was going into france, they cut the curtain and started waving to get him to stop. he continued to the next services and knowing he was carrying empty metal stillages, simply applied the handbrake whilst still moving through the services. he said they limped off, holding each other looking battered and bruised. I’ve no sympathy at all. they could seek assylum in france, germany, lux, wherever they first end up after fleeing their own country.

Spardo:
Nice people

:unamused: You keep the … in france then!

I was gonna have a chinese tonight…changed my mind…gonna have an indian instead…(zb)…

not quite subtle enough :wink: mm

I’m with the majority view here (so far :wink:)

I’ve nothing against genuine assylum seekers but there’s no way these people are genuine as if they were they would have sought assylum in the first “safe haven” they reached.

These people were obviously trying to get to the UK for a reason & that reason is highly likely to be monetary in which case in my view they payimg the price for their own greed now (they took the risk in order to get to a place where they’d be finacially better off rather “just” safe from persecution that they fled)

Talking of greed that’s another 12 grand in the goverments back pocket at the drivers expence :unamused:

jessicas dad:
im sorry my attitude is he shouldnt have been there.

on the same note i wish anybody dead but what do these people think hiding and jumping from moving lorries.

i would not quote this but we nor me no what these people are running from if a truck is there exit so be it i would do the same or another form

north surrey haulage:
Talking of greed that’s another 12 grand in the goverments back pocket at the drivers expence :unamused:

I very much doubt it. The fines are for bringing them into the country, so you get done at the UK checks in Calais, Dover, Channel Tunnel or other entry points for example. This incident happened in Peterborough so there is no way of knowing, or proving, the driver brought them into the country.

On several occasions illegals were found in trailers in our yard in Langley, both British and foreign vehicles including once in my trailer, but no fines were levied because they hadn’t been detected at the point of entry.

So it won’t have cost this driver or firm anything hopefully. I say hopefully assuming the driver was innocent.

I was nearly in the same boat a couple of years ago. An iraqi was found on the axles of my trailer in dover early one mornoing when i got off the boat from calais. I wasn’t fined at the time but was glad they found him, think i’d live with the fine better than knowing someone was killed on my truck. I wouldn’t have been stopping again till hollyhead. no way he would have stayed on. I know the hard talkers above say tough and the rest but easy to say this when its not you behind the wheel.

df1:
I wouldn’t have been stopping again till hollyhead. no way he would have stayed on. I know the hard talkers above say tough and the rest but easy to say this when its not you behind the wheel.

:confused: Dover to Holyhead in one hit? Autoroute put it at 7.5 hrs at legal speeds.
I’d feel pretty awful if something happened and I was over the hours limits too.

df1:
An iraqi was found on the axles of my trailer in dover .

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bloody idiot

Did the ‘ol bill’ blame the driver? Thats the normal case of action is’nt it? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

On the asylum note

How come when someone gets into this country illegally and are usually eastern european or afar afield as china, we dont know who or how many there are and when we find them we cant get rid of them.

Yet we have people from zimbabwe in fear and desperation and that this country has a responsibility to sort that country out, yet we dont help them get out and when and if they do get here they are sent back?

We should help people who need asylum, especially if they are from former colonies that desperately need our help no matter how politically incorrect it is deemed to be.