stockpile

Condolences to those bereaved by the virus.
I understand that the increase in numbers of victims in the UK are doubling every week.
That puts us on the log phase of the sigmoid curve and HGV drivers may become scarce.
What should a responsible family person put in their corona/brexit emergency box?
Presumably enough non-perishable energy food and water to sustain the family for a fortight, a cash box in case ATMs fail and basic medecines.
Seriously.

Optimum:
I understand that the increase in numbers of victims in the UK are doubling every week.
That puts us on the log phase of the sigmoid curve and HGV drivers may become scarce.
What should a responsible family person put in their corona/brexit emergency box?
Presumably enough non-perishable energy food and water to sustain the family for a fortight, a cash box in case ATMs fail and basic medecines.
Seriously.

What do you mean HGV drivers may become scarce , they already are [emoji6]got plenty of steering wheel attendants [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Optimum:

Nothing

Wine, whisky, and a wild, wild woman.
No need to get cash. If isolated you won’t be going anywhere to spend it.
Unless that woman needs a new pair of shoes or summat?

Toilet rolls, definitely toilet rolls! Well the sheep seem to think that they are the single most important item to stockpile for some reason.

Not sure I agree however as I’m not sure that faced with a potential extinction level event keeping my arse fresh would be my number one priority. Food and water would probably rank number one with me,after all as long as we have pet rabbits/ hamsters etc then surely that’s the toilet roll aspect covered?

I don’t think we’re quite there yet are we? maybe in 2 weeks i’ll have another think on whether I should be stockpiling bombay sapphire :laughing:

Optimum:
Seriously.

Sounds like you’ve swallowed the negative hype hook line and sinker.
I ain’t no medical expert, but from what I can gather, and cutting through all the bs, if somebody with a reasonable state of health and an average immunity system gets it, they will suffer a bad case of flu symptoms, let it run it’s course, and move on.
If you are old unfit and with respiratory problems you may die of it.

So if you believe all the crap and think you’re facing Armageddon…stock up on bog rolls seems to be the popular choice of action. :unamused: :laughing:

As for shortage of drivers…dont worry there will be plenty of gullible mugs among us, who will readily volunteer to work under the relaxed drivers hours rules, and crack on for 90+ hours at single time to re.stock Tesco’s shelves. :unamused:

So far the virus has killed more people than Michael Barrymore’s swimming pool

the maoster:
Toilet rolls, definitely toilet rolls! Well the sheep seem to think that they are the single most important item to stockpile for some reason?

Somehow I doubt death by deification is anything serious to worry about

My Mrs has caught the bug…not the Cornavirus bug btw, , the ‘‘I believe the Media hype’’ bug. :unamused:
Normally we have a 10 day holiday sorted for next month, but she’s a bit reluctant to go abroad. :unamused:
Now if it was me, getting isolated and contained in your hotel for another all inclusive week or fortnight’s extension after the 10 days, sounds ok…, I don’t mind sitting in the bar with a mask on :smiley: , but if she ain’t going to enjoy it, so be it…a few days at home in the locals watching the football sounds fine. :sunglasses:

Don’t believe the hype.
Now is the time for cheap holidays.

peirre:
Don’t believe the hype.

Considering leaving her at home and going on a cheap ‘Lads week’ :bulb: :laughing:

Why buy, toilet roll, when you’ve got all the free papers that come through the door. Recycling at its best

Optimum:
Seriously.

I’ll take the bait and assume this is serious
Just look at what you use over a 2 week period, what meals you have and buy a couple of extra items to make up those meals Over a few weeks of buying a couple extra tins a week, you’ll have a little stash.
Then consider easy to make meals and comfort food, as no one feels like cooking much when sick and if they do, it’s likely to be comfort type food. Tinned soups are easy. Probably avoid anything spicy as you don’t generally fancy that if sick. Tinned veggies make sense as they last much longer than perishables.

Cold and Flu medicines would be useful to have around too - I look for one containing Guaifenesin but each to their own.

If there are kids in the picture, perhaps hot chocolate powder or blackcurrent to make warm drinks? Perhaps rehydration powder or Lucozade if any member of the family typically go down particularly hard with colds/flus etc
If you have a bread maker or enjoy baking, perhaps stuff to make bread, as it doesn’t last long and wont be able to get more from the shop if self-isolating/sick.

I don’t understand why people are buying water - Do they expect the power to go out and the water pumping stations stop working ? Genuine question.

Hyh:

Optimum:
Seriously.

I’ll take the bait and assume this is serious

I don’t understand why people are buying water - Do they expect the power to go out and the water pumping stations stop working ? Genuine question.

You are thinking that there is some logic to what amounts to mass hysteria. I was in Tesco on Friday and remarked that there seemed to be no shortage of bog roll on the shelves. The assistant laughed and said that they had sold two or three times the usual, but Tesco had simply stepped up the deliveries. “If they keep buying, we’ll keep re-stocking,” she laughed.

Seriously.
[/quote]
I ain’t no medical expert, but from what I can gather, and cutting through all the bs, if somebody with a reasonable state of health and an average immunity system gets it, they will suffer a bad case of flu symptoms, let it run it’s course, and move on.
If you are old unfit and with respiratory problems you may die of it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
its the flue with a name to it as a flu epidemic holds no media value.

if the flu would kill you then so would coronavirus,if not,then its basically same horse,different jockey.
if your doc has told you not to bother buying any green bananas and theres no need to worry about next xmas card list,then the next thing you catch will put you down the chute anyway,no matter what its called.
if you believe anything other than that,then your a lemming and revolving your life around faceache and tittering tweets.

Called at the filling station yesterday, as I do every weekend, there was one bloke there with 10 petrol containers in the boot of his car, filling everyone of them. It really does beggar belief the idiocy of some people.

the maoster:
Toilet rolls, definitely toilet rolls! Well the sheep seem to think that they are the single most important item to stockpile for some reason.

I actually found out the reason for this. It would seem the Facebook retards saw a post widely shared by other Facebook mongs that all the tubes in toilet rolls are only made in China and that because of Covid 19 there’ll be a shortage of them and “Coronavirus can get into the toilet roll tubes” so there’ll be a shortage of bog roll. I kid you not, dumbassses on Facebook really believe it.

robroy:

Yep. Apparently for the vast majority of people they won’t even realise they’ve had it. It’ll just feel like every other bad cold/flu, they’ll down a few lemsips or a bottle of Day Nurse and get on with their lives.

Conor:

the maoster:

I actually found out the reason for this. It would seem the Facebook retards saw a post widely shared by other Facebook mongs that all the tubes in toilet rolls are only made in China and that because of Covid 19 there’ll be a shortage of them and “Coronavirus can get into the toilet roll tubes” so there’ll be a shortage of bog roll. I kid you not, dumbassses on Facebook really believe it.

Quite believe that tbh. My cynical idea was that using idiotbook to spread the toilet roll shortage could actually have been an absolute genius master stroke from the advertising department of Andrex/Kleenex or whoever.

peirre:
Don’t believe the hype.

…Alas, that’s what didn’t happen after 9/11 - and the main reason I have not been on an aircraft since.

I wanted and expected the bottom to drop out of air fares - but it didn’t happen.

I consider air fares WAY too expensive for the risk premium already built in over the terror threat these last two years…

FFS one would have thought that you can get two weeks in Rome for a pony right now - but no. Holidays - just get taken off the market instead.

SO… We have families that have booked and fully paid for a holiday to say, Italy…
We have the tour operator - going ■■■■ up.
We have the airline - going ■■■■ up…

So riddle me this: Where did the f—ng money all go to■■?