Stobbies series 4, well someone had to post it!

Just watched tonight, usual stuff, “just in time” and “67 miles, will he make it” but saying that and after taking the p, would`nt mind doing the Pirelli job.
Seems whats her face, with creamy rear, could have been a bit moist with all those rugby players around her :stuck_out_tongue: .

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90291 :slight_smile:

redboxer850:
Only a hour left :P - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK :slight_smile:

Ah, didnt see that. Never mind then.

I agree about the tyre work.Doddle or what?

bigvern1:

Travel the world and get paid for it, would sign up now. Wonder which Stobbie depot they are run from. :laughing:

marsden:

bigvern1:

Travel the world and get paid for it, would sign up now. Wonder which Stobbie depot they are run from. :laughing:

They are based at Pirelli distribution in Didcot, wouldn’t fancy being stuck in a hot marquee fitting and changing hundreds of tyres and rims though.

the Biomass farrago :frowning:
surely this is what could happen

driver ; hey mate i looking for your loading site

customer ; yeh no probs do you want the grid reference or GPS co ords

driver ; great either or please

customer; blah blah blah near tin shed

end of
PS not a criticism of the driver

hitch:
the Biomass farrago :frowning:
surely this is what could happen

driver ; hey mate i looking for your loading site

customer ; yeh no probs do you want the grid reference or GPS co ords

driver ; great either or please

customer; blah blah blah near tin shed

end of
PS not a criticism of the driver

It might be what should happen, but it looks very similar to my experience of doing round wood, you get the phone number of the loader and he gives you directions, very similar to those. Does make the job more interesting though. :laughing:

I seen that bit with biomass bloke, had to turn it off, now I will never know how he managed to turn around or reverse…

did same turned over so i will never know if he made the pickup

He is still up there trying to turn around.

Does it cost extra to have a scania with a mid lift that lifts? noticed that they all had them down even when empty :confused:

bubsy06:
Does it cost extra to have a scania with a mid lift that lifts? noticed that they all had them down even when empty :confused:

when the guy spent an hour parking the last motor for the ruggers posts, his midlift was up :wink: :laughing:

stuartrobbie:

bubsy06:

when the guy spent an hour parking the last motor for the ruggers posts, his midlift was up :wink: :laughing:

Was it :wink: youtube.com/watch?v=X1RuExHBsdU 42minutes and 00seconds in

People enjoy driving with axles down unnecessarily, I’ll never understand why, just like having lights on in broad daylight… :smiling_imp:

About the midlifts, when I was doing work for Stobart out of SCA - really heavy stuff that kitchen roll and bog roll - I had to call in Stoke for some fuel, and a guy (assume some sort of jumped up manager - you know, a prick) said to me “is that trailer loaded?” I said “Yeah, it’s full of bog roll” … his reply… “Well, make sure you put your lift axle down, company policy is to always run with it down when you’ve got a loaded trailer” :open_mouth: Full products including pallets would probably be a couple of ton MAX

Ahh well, if it’s company policy, I’ll wear out another couple of tyres and increase my stopping distance for no bloody reason :unamused:

waynedl:
Ahh well, if it’s company policy, I’ll wear out another couple of tyres and increase my stopping distance for no bloody reason :unamused:

I’m not entirely sure that this is correct. Tyre wear will be increased, although stopping distance will surely be decreased if you have another braked axle in connection with the road surface. :question:

Harry Monk:

waynedl:

I’m not entirely sure that this is correct. Tyre wear will be increased, although stopping distance will surely be decreased if you have another braked axle in connection with the road surface. :question:

A ha, this is what I’ve always thought too, extra 2 tyres and extra 2 brakes surely should decrease braking distance, but it doesn’t, it increases it, probably due to the weight of the wheels rolling.

I’ve always thought the same as you, but it was proved to be the opposite on some ■■■■■■ course I did a few years ago, can’t remember which 1 either, just remember the demonstration.

I was taught to always drive with axles up as it increases traction on the drive axle so you spin less hence less tyre wear, most if not all modern motors will drop automatically if the weight is too much…!?

waynedl:
About the midlifts, when I was doing work for Stobart out of SCA - really heavy stuff that kitchen roll and bog roll - I had to call in Stoke for some fuel, and a guy (assume some sort of jumped up manager - you know, a prick) said to me “is that trailer loaded?” I said “Yeah, it’s full of bog roll” … his reply… “Well, make sure you put your lift axle down, company policy is to always run with it down when you’ve got a loaded trailer” :open_mouth: Full products including pallets would probably be a couple of ton MAX

I used to get told by various know all drivers that you had to have your lift axle down even if you only had 1 pallet on, as it a loaded trailer and taxed as a 3x3 axle and with the axle up you’re running it as 2x3, so VOSA will do you for the extra VED. :laughing: