Stobbies series 4, well someone had to post it!

That’s bad news, looks like Mark Dixon’s got the same steering wheel cover as me. Might have to get a new one.

What were the Pirelli boys ■■■■■■■ about for- 9 hours from Sommesous to the bottom of the ski slope! Can easily make Carisio in that time!!! They are 2 hours short

Pimpdaddy:
People enjoy driving with axles down unnecessarily, I’ll never understand why, just like having lights on in broad daylight… :smiling_imp:

If i’ve got a light load or an empty trailer, then axle is up on A or B roads, but if on a motorway I always drop the Scania midlift because its a more comfortable ride.

Own Account Driver:
That’s bad news, looks like Mark Dixon’s got the same steering wheel cover as me. Might have to get a new one.

Who’s Mark Dixon■■? What TV programme is this?

Axles down when running asit makes the truck more stable
especially if its windy and you have a high trailer

midlifts that dont steer what a ballache when heavy
and your shunting into somewhere tight

i thought mid lifts were stabilisers for new drivers. :smiley:

muckles:

waynedl:
About the midlifts, when I was doing work for Stobart out of SCA - really heavy stuff that kitchen roll and bog roll - I had to call in Stoke for some fuel, and a guy (assume some sort of jumped up manager - you know, a prick) said to me “is that trailer loaded?” I said “Yeah, it’s full of bog roll” … his reply… “Well, make sure you put your lift axle down, company policy is to always run with it down when you’ve got a loaded trailer” :open_mouth: Full products including pallets would probably be a couple of ton MAX

Ahh well, if it’s company policy, I’ll wear out another couple of tyres and increase my stopping distance for no bloody reason :unamused:

I used to get told by various know all drivers that you had to have your lift axle down even if you only had 1 pallet on, as it a loaded trailer and taxed as a 3x3 axle and with the axle up you’re running it as 2x3, so VOSA will do you for the extra VED. :laughing:

Honestly, I’ve no idea if that’s true, I wouldn’t put it past the new ‘self funding’ VOSA

I met Mat Eakins again last night in the pub . Nice bloke . He’d travelled from Exeter to Rugby , to get lashed with my mate , a Stobart driver from Crick , on his 40th birthday .

The programme is a load of tosh , but I still watched it :wink:

Dirty Duck? :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:
It wasn’t actually Vern , it was up the road :wink: Come back up and have a beer mate !! Mike C was in the pub next door to the duck last sunday but I missed him

shade:
:lol: :laughing:
It wasn’t actually Vern , it was up the road :wink: Come back up and have a beer mate !! Mike C was in the pub next door last sunday but I missed him

I may be up that way soon. I’ll be in touch buddy!

the reason the lift axles were down is your trailer height raises by 3 inch when raised so drivers are told to have em down at all times must be something to do with trying to reduce the risk of bridge strikes

bubsy06:

stuartrobbie:

bubsy06:
Does it cost extra to have a scania with a mid lift that lifts? noticed that they all had them down even when empty :confused:

when the guy spent an hour parking the last motor for the ruggers posts, his midlift was up :wink: :laughing:

Was it :wink: youtube.com/watch?v=X1RuExHBsdU 42minutes and 00seconds in

Yes same clip, but at 42mins 17 seconds :wink: and several times from then on you can see it lifted :wink:

cliffton 27:
the reason the lift axles were down is your trailer height raises by 3 inch when raised

I thought only scanias do that!? I add 3 inches to every trailer I pull anyway, it might be silly of me though…

Pimpdaddy:

cliffton 27:
the reason the lift axles were down is your trailer height raises by 3 inch when raised

I thought only scanias do that!? I add 3 inches to every trailer I pull anyway, it might be silly of me though…

yes it is as far as i know when worked for em we was told it stays down at all times

I think it’s the biggest load of ■■■■■ on TV …

Can’t miss an episode though, hahaha :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

By the way …

what the ■■■■ does ZB stand for ■■? :smiley:

its stands for ■■■■ in my book :smiley:

wonder if mods would notice a blatant advert for my own company, 1856 views, thats some free advertising if i ever saw it. Tempting. :wink:

espresso:
By the way …

what the [zb] does ZB stand for ■■? :smiley:

IIRC the moderator’s initials were ZB that moderated swear words and put their own initials in place. It’s stuck.