Stobbie......another series!

got a phone call yesterday off a mate parked in crick. he was about to roll a smoke and had a peep through the curtain, his word was arrrhhh ffs another film crew!!..so looks like another series is on the horizon :unamused:

yeah,there is.i was in chelford depot a few weeks back & the film crew were in there.
i had an interview for the motorsports division driving around europe for the F1 team,they wanted to film it all so they can keep track of the drivers who get/got the jobs so they can make a series of it.
there were 95 being interview for 38 jobs,over 600 applied for them.

dustylfc:
got a phone call yesterday off a mate parked in crick. he was about to roll a smoke and had a peep through the curtain, his word was arrrhhh ffs another film crew!!..so looks like another series is on the horizon :unamused:

mate of mine works for them the new series starts at easter

i was in sherburn the other week for an interview.the driving instructer told me they had just finished filming there

I’m sooooo glad I work nights!!! The whole self publicity thing is too annoying to be polite to camera crews and spotters!! Another summer of “were you In the series” coming up then!! I’m going to have to apply for a job at Maritime or some other firm!! I’m sick of all the crap from these fools who get a hard on for trucknumbers!! Irriots :laughing:

jrl driver:
yeah,there is.i was in chelford depot a few weeks back & the film crew were in there.
i had an interview for the motorsports division driving around europe for the F1 team,they wanted to film it all so they can keep track of the drivers who get/got the jobs so they can make a series of it.

What’s the hourly rate on the F1 then jrl? Is it still £7.60 an hour?
I don’t get the attraction to run about all over Europe and be a skivvy for some knob in a race team!!
Only my own opinion of course!!! :astonished:

if you can drive on the eurotunnel without driving like my granny you should be well in.

dessy:

jrl driver:

What’s the hourly rate on the F1 then jrl? Is it still £7.60 an hour?
I don’t get the attraction to run about all over Europe and be a skivvy for some knob in a race team!!
Only my own opinion of course!!! :astonished:

lol,no problem mate.
not sure of hourly rate as there wasn’t one,pay worked out at £850 a week with expenses & nights out,no matter how many hours you did!! part of reason i never took the job,also would have been away for over 2 months at a time,i’m not that cab happy to be in 1 for so long,loads of other reasons i never took it but it looked like it would be long hard days for little reward,don’t get me wrong,i’m not scared of a hard days work,but this sounded far to much for to little reward.you never even got to see any of the racing,ffs,that’s part of the perk of doing a job like that,you didn’t have to work in january but you still got paid for it & if you wanted to go working the stobart group you would get paid extra for it,that was about only good thing i liked about it lol
wagons are based in didcot & brackley,so not much good to me when i live in halifax!!

John

It’s still £7.60 an hour then at max hours everyday!! Little reward for the time put in and all that money in F1!!! Driver, Security Guard, Chef,Dish washer, build up and take down equipment…
And Stobart claims it’s the job all Stobbies drivers want!! Yeah right :unamused:

Out of interest!! How many Stobart drivers were there for interviews jrl?

that advert for the f1 team was up at appleton for weeks the only thing it gained was graffitti, it would be ok for experience for a season but am not into being a dogs body am sure the whole reason the lads do the security etc is because stobarts have told the organises that there drivers would i bet all the other team drivers get to watch and enjoy the racing and sit and eat food without actually cooking it, its like now stobarts have made a rod for the drivers as in at most sites now drivers are expected to do jobs that usually there own staff and shunters would have done its like the muppets at tesco they assume i work for them, i was asked to build up trailers whilst i waited to be tipped i almost choked with laughter, then they try “so your refusing to do it” ■■ “yer i am”…" ill ring your planner" " sound crack on" i suppose there are drivers who dont like saying no or just wont

dustylfc:
that advert for the f1 team was up at appleton for weeks the only thing it gained was graffitti, it would be ok for experience for a season but am not into being a dogs body am sure the whole reason the lads do the security etc is because stobarts have told the organises that there drivers would i bet all the other team drivers get to watch and enjoy the racing and sit and eat food without actually cooking it, its like now stobarts have made a rod for the drivers as in at most sites now drivers are expected to do jobs that usually there own staff and shunters would have done its like the muppets at tesco they assume i work for them, i was asked to build up trailers whilst i waited to be tipped i almost choked with laughter, then they try “so your refusing to do it” ■■ “yer i am”…" ill ring your planner" " sound crack on" i suppose there are drivers who dont like saying no or just wont

Couldn’t agree with you more. I’d said the same as you re the trailer building too. Problem with companies like Stobbard is they’re full of arse-licking ‘yes’ men. Sounds like you may be one of few exceptions. :bulb:

dustylfc:
that advert for the f1 team was up at appleton for weeks the only thing it gained was graffitti, it would be ok for experience for a season but am not into being a dogs body am sure the whole reason the lads do the security etc is because stobarts have told the organises that there drivers would i bet all the other team drivers get to watch and enjoy the racing and sit and eat food without actually cooking it,

Most of the drivers in F1, Moto GP, British and World Superbikes are much more than drivers, and many do not get to see any racing unless you get lucky and are given a radio and a pitboard on pitlane. There is no room in a race team for simply drivers.

Ask Muckles

Wheel Nut:

dustylfc:
that advert for the f1 team was up at appleton for weeks the only thing it gained was graffitti, it would be ok for experience for a season but am not into being a dogs body am sure the whole reason the lads do the security etc is because stobarts have told the organises that there drivers would i bet all the other team drivers get to watch and enjoy the racing and sit and eat food without actually cooking it,

Most of the drivers in F1, Moto GP, British and World Superbikes are much more than drivers, and many do not get to see any racing unless you get lucky and are given a radio and a pitboard on pitlane. There is no room in a race team for simply drivers.

Ask Muckles

As Mr Nut said, youll find the drivers are actually spanners/techies/chef’s etc who have been put through their test.

I wonder if they filmed the truck I saw on it’s side at Rugby on the M6 last night

dessy:
Out of interest!! How many Stobart drivers were there for interviews jrl?

guy told us that about 600 stobart lads went for it & they narrowed it down to 90 oddd for interviews.
think a lot of them though it would be a jolly around europe,lol,not a chance :unamused:
i also think they might have struggled to fill the jobs judging by people i saw there,most had families,lot said it wasn’t worth it,pay wise,a lot i thought were a bit old to be doing the physical kind of graft it will be.
if you were under 50,single,no worries then probably ideal,i’m single at mo,no kids,no hassles,but i didn’t want to be away in a truck for that long
also,if you got a job in the motorsport team,then you moved sideways & relinquished your job at whatever depot you were based at,if,then after 6 months you decided it wasn’t for you,then you were knackered cos your wagon had been given to someone else so were out of a job,i wasn’t to bad as i’d just back self employed,but i’vd just got a good customer base near me with local work paying good rates so wasn’t prepared to loose that as well.

Rob K:

dustylfc:

Couldn’t agree with you more. I’d said the same as you re the trailer building too. Problem with companies like Stobbard is they’re full of arse-licking ‘yes’ men. Sounds like you may be one of few exceptions. :bulb:

i dont buy into the green cloud i work because i have to but the drivers i talk to dont either, i have to be honest when sitting in waiting rooms some of the bull i here makes me cringe i usually keep myself to myself i havent the patience or diplomacy to deal with story tellers, but i do think after working for a few big companies that there all the same if i could find a smaller family run business for example i would probably jump ship, but at the moment its an easy job and mostly stress free if i have a problem i just pass it over to whoever and let them deal with it, for example stobbies have a helpdesk to ring when problems occur and they try to get you to do there leg work but i always tell them to ring me back when theyve sorted it. what ive learnt is people will take the pee if you let them

Whats the betting that out of those 38 jobs when the comedy show hits the screens we see someone from the previous series now doing that rather than tescos

Can’t wait it’s about time we had a good comedy show on tv again

They are the best!!!

EDDIE STOBART FAN:
They are the best!!!

Are you the transvestite or the gimp? :stuck_out_tongue: