Stobbie......another series!

EDDIE STOBART FAN:
They are the best!!!

i bet you any money he is already a member on here am thinking rob

Stobart TV series - the UK’s attempt of copying IRT. :laughing:

RJP001:
Stobart TV series - the UK’s attempt of copying IRT. :laughing:

it must be popular with the masses to do another series, though even IRT is boring after a series.

dustylfc:

EDDIE STOBART FAN:
They are the best!!!

Negative. I have better things to do with my time. Try one of the LDF crew as it’s more their mentality level.

some want to slag stobarts off all the time. but publicity and marketing makes a business. fare enough it’s a prety crap program from a drivers point of view.
i would love to have a camera crew with me. i could show them the dirty side of truck driving. really lay it on thick. fuse pulling, wires, magnets, using a mobile while driving, making a brew, running on cherry. changing a wheel without a risk assesement. :open_mouth: :laughing:

limeyphil:
some want to slag stobarts off all the time. but publicity and marketing makes a business. fare enough it’s a prety crap program from a drivers point of view.
i would love to have a camera crew with me. i could show them the dirty side of truck driving. really lay it on thick. fuse pulling, wires, magnets, using a mobile while driving, making a brew, running on cherry. changing a wheel without a risk assesement. :open_mouth: :laughing:

And i wouldnt watch that either.

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

limeyphil:

:laughing: :laughing: neither would i. :laughing: :laughing:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

limeyphil:

The program is ■■■■■ and highly sensationalised to make it somewhat appealling for the TV, As a driver we know its all a blag on there but to the average joey they dont know any different.
The program may not have got them any extra work but I am sure they would have got some new spotters signed up and sold a few more T-shirts off the back of it,
Call em what you like but Zig n Zag in charge know how to make money.

B1 GGK:

Wheel Nut:

dustylfc:
that advert for the f1 team was up at appleton for weeks the only thing it gained was graffitti, it would be ok for experience for a season but am not into being a dogs body am sure the whole reason the lads do the security etc is because stobarts have told the organises that there drivers would i bet all the other team drivers get to watch and enjoy the racing and sit and eat food without actually cooking it,

Most of the drivers in F1, Moto GP, British and World Superbikes are much more than drivers, and many do not get to see any racing unless you get lucky and are given a radio and a pitboard on pitlane. There is no room in a race team for simply drivers.

Ask Muckles

As Mr Nut said, youll find the drivers are actually spanners/techies/chef’s etc who have been put through their test.

I’ve been doing the race team work for years and yes you do a fair bit of work that could be considered as a dogs body and it’s by no means glamorous, but I’ve been better looked after, experienced more comradery and treated with more respect on the race work than I’ve ever experienced on general haulage work.

The people who drive the trucks are a mixture of people who’ve done general haulage and got into racing and those who were working in racing and then have got thier HGV licence.
As for getting onto the train or even the boat, we will take a bit longer, low belley lockers are easily damaged and part of the job is about presentation, it just doesn’t look good turning up at a circuit with big dents and scratches on the truck.

pity they wernt there filming in the long layby near peterborough yesterday when one of their drivers had an encounter with a car driver.

They were at Workington/Lillyhall at the beginning of this week. One of our drivers was imprisoned on the loading ramp with a very red face at the time. He sent me a text simply saying “Can’t talk, am in makeup”. :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:

dustylfc:

EDDIE STOBART FAN:
They are the best!!!

Negative. I have better things to do with my time. Try one of the LDF crew as it’s more their mentality level.

:laughing: :laughing: i never judged it on the mentality i new you like a good wind up so assumed it was your art work …well the old saying goes never assume anythink

i was asked to go on the second series

BIGGEE:
pity they wernt there filming in the long layby near peterborough yesterday when one of their drivers had an encounter with a car driver.

Which one had the brake lights on first ? :confused: :laughing: