Stobbarts

Berty:
I’m sure you would earn more that that iv been with them for 6 weeks now on general and I’m earning well over 480 a week doing roughly 55-60 hours… It’s topped up with different hourly pay rates and your meal allowance but that been said I go to rugby truck stop a lot and they are always advertising for tanker drivers so it sounds like they start and leave…

I hope that’s after stoppages Berty? I am getting that gross for 40 hrs which is closer to the £11+ they quote.

jenka:

Colin_scottish:
The stobart fuel tanker drivers are on way more than.That wage is below the basic dayshift rate.The shunters doing 4on 4off are on more than 22k aswell.

Are you having a laugh,their training non stop on fuel because they are leaving to join agencies who supply drivers for fuel. Believe me with them, BE & Turnips it’s now quickly becoming general haulage. Even on the so called ‘Big Boys’ it’s a under £30000 salary these days.Keep listening to the Stobart PR machine :slight_smile:

Tanker boy i know that works out of livingstone must be talking bs last year he was 37500.I did see his P60 and there not training non stop as you say.

Colin_scottish:

jenka:

Colin_scottish:
The stobart fuel tanker drivers are on way more than.That wage is below the basic dayshift rate.The shunters doing 4on 4off are on more than 22k aswell.

Are you having a laugh,their training non stop on fuel because they are leaving to join agencies who supply drivers for fuel. Believe me with them, BE & Turnips it’s now quickly becoming general haulage. Even on the so called ‘Big Boys’ it’s a under £30000 salary these days.Keep listening to the Stobart PR machine :slight_smile:

Tanker boy i know that works out of livingstone must be talking bs last year he was 37500.I did see his P60 and there not training non stop as you say.

Get your self down to Kingsbury and CBT and see for your self , Friday inductions are full of hauliers . The figure you mention is basic on the main fleets well at least they we’re until the general fleets came in, if people are prepared to do 60 hrs for that then good luck ,all I am saying is the industry Is now in competition with the supermarkets etc.

good_friend:

Berty:
I’m sure you would earn more that that iv been with them for 6 weeks now on general and I’m earning well over 480 a week doing roughly 55-60 hours… It’s topped up with different hourly pay rates and your meal allowance but that been said I go to rugby truck stop a lot and they are always advertising for tanker drivers so it sounds like they start and leave…

I hope that’s after stoppages Berty? I am getting that gross for 40 hrs which is closer to the £11+ they quote.

Yes its after stoppages

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well they can shove their ‘FREE’ uniform up their ■■■■■■, as I wouldn’t touch that job. I can’t abide the way they wangle the pay with meal allowances and such like, as the moment you take holiday your on a pittance! :imp:
I’ve got a limping job on tankers and on a better deal then they are offering…

Colin_scottish:

jenka:

Colin_scottish:

£37500! it’s a race to the bottom. In the 80’s the Shell guy’s were pulling in way more than this. I’m even earning more than this pulling boxes. Stobart’s need to be Unionised.

I was making way more back in the UK in the 90’s, then again, if you don’t like it don’t apply. I do 5 out of 7 a weeks for just under $80k but then the pay in the UK is different isn’t it.
The above job listing must be the basic wage, there surely are extras for overtime and bonuses ?

I drive class 2 Monday - Friday 45hrs and my basic is more than that with a similar benefits package. One of our lads recently passed his class 1 and applied for a job at mallinsons in Barnsley and was told it was £8.34 per hour…he stuck with us on the class 2s funnily enough.

Been told they take on new drivers and me being one new class 1 drivers even I’d never work for them. The stories I’ve heard have put me right off working for a bunch of ■■■■■ like them.

Haha after I posted here I got this email ail from indeed with this in

LGV Class 1 C+E Driver
Eddie Stobart - Leicestershire
£30,000 - £40,000 a year
Permanent
Eddie Stobart
90 reviews
Read what people are saying about working here.
Overview
The construction industry demands a high level of awareness to health and safety as you are dealing with mechanical handling equipment and tower crane off-loading.
Full training & certification provided for this new and varied role.
Previous experience of working in this industry isn’t essential but the role favours candidates with a good level of physical fitness.
What’s the role?
As part of an exciting new contract with our new Manufacturing & Industrial sector, we now have various opportunities for a number of skilled drivers to further develop their skills using:
Mechanical off-load, rear steering trailersConventional flat trailersStandard curtain siders

As part of our driving workforce, you’ll have access to:
Guaranteed free full DCPC training during your employmentBrand new, top-of-the-range trucksFree, full uniformA range of generous tax-free allowances and bonuses incorporated into your take-home salaryPaid holiday entitlementAn extensive employee benefits, discounts and savings scheme
What kind of person are we looking for?
To be successful with us, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:

Full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence, with no more than 6 penalty points
Valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC) / Driver CPC
Physically active due to the nature of the role; dealing with heavy goods
Fluent in English due to the nature of the role; constant comms with colleagues and customers
Excellent communication skills at all levels towards both customers and colleagues
Good geographic knowledge of UK (and sometimes European) roadsA positive, can-do attitude and of smart appearance
An ability to uphold the Eddie Stobart brand image, including uniform / vehicle cleanliness, at all times
Live within a reasonable travelling distance to the depot (we recommend 45-60 minutes depending, on your preferred shift)

What happens next?
If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to one of our Driving Assessment Days. On these days, we carry out a full physical driving assessment (on the road drive) and interview with the local Operations Manager.
Assessments typically take 1hr 30 minutes and are booked at local level between Recruitment and the Operations teams – they are not on specific days, but we’ll do our best to get you in as soon as we can.
Read more at eddiestobart.com/careers/vacanci … 4fBeu1E.99

Didn’t realise they were into block grab work. Was in Bradstone(AI) South Cerney. today and they are going to do all the transport without the aid of subbies.
I think this one will end in tears.

I’m suprised no ones mentioned the bakery, stobarts.co.uk
pork pies, sausage rolls etc :wink:

I’m not a milion miles from Hulland ward and have experience of Class 2 hiab. I’ve been on general class 1 for nearly a year since passing and have always said i will evaluate after 12 month’s. I think my future is class 1 hiab but not sure eddie is the best way to go, even though I’d probably get in.

It’s probably Adblue. Stobarts were running one motor for Greenchem when I left Turners doing the same contract.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Isn’t Adblue classified as a dangerous substance and thus ADR? No idea myself, but have been told never get it on your hands as it ain’t nice, so can’t imagine it being great in 10,000L’s either.

As for Stobbies ventures into concrete, they’re trying to take over a lot of the exclusive delivery contracts from various sites including people like Charcon since they were taken over. However it appears their march might be slightly faltering as some sites refuse to have anything to do with them including Charcon Nottinghamshire (Retford) and according to several sources close to the action, they’re banned from a number of the larger construction company sites for multiple violations leading to red cards (company wide worker bans). Oh deary me… :slight_smile:

On the breezeblock front, I also heard they’re not exactly endearing themselves as either they use very inexperienced HIAB drivers or their H&S is getting in the way. For example, on one site I was on a rigid emptied his trailer of breezeblocks in around 20 mins while I was tipping. Mr. Stobart took 4 hours to empty an arctic which had precisely twice the number of piles of blocks, and he’d already de-strapped before I left…cue not happy workers or site boss.

Suedehead:
Didn’t realise they were into block grab work. Was in Bradstone(AI) South Cerney. today and they are going to do all the transport without the aid of subbies.
I think this one will end in tears.

That’s Colletts stuffed then. Are Oakeys of Carterton still going? Haven’t seen them around for a while and I’m sure they had at least one wagon in Agg Industries colours.

trevHCS:
Isn’t Adblue classified as a dangerous substance and thus ADR? No idea myself, but have been told never get it on your hands as it ain’t nice, so can’t imagine it being great in 10,000L’s either.

As for Stobbies ventures into concrete, they’re trying to take over a lot of the exclusive delivery contracts from various sites including people like Charcon since they were taken over. However it appears their march might be slightly faltering as some sites refuse to have anything to do with them including Charcon Nottinghamshire (Retford) and according to several sources close to the action, they’re banned from a number of the larger construction company sites for multiple violations leading to red cards (company wide worker bans). Oh deary me… :slight_smile:

On the breezeblock front, I also heard they’re not exactly endearing themselves as either they use very inexperienced HIAB drivers or their H&S is getting in the way. For example, on one site I was on a rigid emptied his trailer of breezeblocks in around 20 mins while I was tipping. Mr. Stobart took 4 hours to empty an arctic which had precisely twice the number of piles of blocks, and he’d already de-strapped before I left…cue not happy workers or site boss.

I remember when I went on concrete all these drivers going on about the time it was taking me too strap a load , it was taking me hour- ish , they or most of them could do it in 10 mins apparently , it wasn’t long before the same drivers were asking me what the Rush was , the fact I was doing 2/3 or whatever loads was ■■■■■■■ there job up I just realised some drivers have nothing better too do other than moan about other drivers :exclamation: :exclamation:

trevHCS:
Isn’t Adblue classified as a dangerous substance and thus ADR?

Hi trevHCS,

No mate, AdBlue defo isn’t counted as a dangerous substacnce, but it is hazardous.

Anybody with the right driving licence for the vehicle concerned can drive hazardous stuff, even in tankers, but it’s only (proper) dangerous goods that require consideration as to whether ADR applies to the job.

:bulb: There’s a world of difference between the word ‘hazardous’ and the word ‘dangerous.’

Strange, but true!! :smiley:

JaxDemon:
Haha after I posted here I got this email ail from indeed with this in

LGV Class 1 C+E Driver
Eddie Stobart - Leicestershire
£30,000 - £40,000 a year
Permanent
Eddie Stobart
90 reviews
Read what people are saying about working here.
Overview
The construction industry demands a high level of awareness to health and safety as you are dealing with mechanical handling equipment and tower crane off-loading.
Full training & certification provided for this new and varied role.
Previous experience of working in this industry isn’t essential but the role favours candidates with a good level of physical fitness.
What’s the role?
As part of an exciting new contract with our new Manufacturing & Industrial sector, we now have various opportunities for a number of skilled drivers to further develop their skills using:
Mechanical off-load, rear steering trailersConventional flat trailersStandard curtain siders

As part of our driving workforce, you’ll have access to:
Guaranteed free full DCPC training during your employmentBrand new, top-of-the-range trucksFree, full uniform. A range of generous tax-free allowances and bonuses incorporated into your take-home salary. Paid holiday entitlement. An extensive employee bAenefits, discounts and savings scheme
What kind of person are we looking for?
To be successful with us, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:

Full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence, with no more than 6 penalty points
Valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC) / Driver CPC
Physically active due to the nature of the role; dealing with heavy goods
Fluent in English due to the nature of the role; constant comms with colleagues and customers
Excellent communication skills at all levels towards both customers and colleagues
Good geographic knowledge of UK (and sometimes European) roadsA positive, can-do attitude and of smart appearance
An ability to uphold the Eddie Stobart brand image, including uniform / vehicle cleanliness, at all times
Live within a reasonable travelling distance to the depot (we recommend 45-60 minutes depending, on your preferred shift)

What happens next?
If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to one of our Driving Assessment Days. On these days, we carry out a full physical driving assessment (on the road drive) and interview with the local Operations Manager.
Assessments typically take 1hr 30 minutes and are booked at local level between Recruitment and the Operations teams – they are not on specific days, but we’ll do our best to get you in as soon as we can.
Read more at eddiestobart.com/careers/vacanci … 4fBeu1E.99

So, if I’m reading this right…

They ‘incorporate’ all your allowances and bonuses into your final TAXABLE take home pay…■■? :confused: :open_mouth:

I thought allowances and bonuses were tax free…■■?

[/quote]
Full load on an artic with the type of crane they seem to be using (manual levers not remote control) and drop side bodies, shouldn’t take more than 30 mins to tip once in position.