Stobbarts

Is this a joke?
Who in there right mind would do tanker work on any 5 out of 7 for 22k a year?

indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=d1 … &from=serp

Anyone who applies for that is mad, considering you can earn almost double that 5 miles up the A13 for a similar job. They are trying to ruin the industry.

Might be wrong, but isn’t tanker work generally advertised around the £50K mark?

Good money for a flip flop :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hammy747:
Might be wrong, but isn’t tanker work generally advertised around the £50K mark?

Used to be, but the drawbridge was pulled up during the last strikes. The old hands are on that kind of money, but new starters get mid 30’s basic plus premiums etc. I think you can still pull high 40’s, but you’ve got to work for it nowadays.

It’s crap if it’s for fuel delivery but I know a few non-fuel tanker drivers who are on similar money to the job advertised.

One B last time I looked. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you sure it’s for fuel, as don’t you need another qualification for that and it doesn’t mention needing it or them putting you through it?

Still low pay though regardless, I’d hope you can make up a hell of a lot on bonuses. :confused:

Themoocher:
Is this a joke?
Who in there right mind would do tanker work on any 5 out of 7 for 22k a year?

indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=d1 … &from=serp

Most are new tanker drivers who get the experience and then get off for decent pay.

Doesn’t look fuel work, no adr required.
Normal tanker job, wonder if it’s work out of Silvertown?
Or fats and oil out of Erith?

muckles:
Are you sure it’s for fuel, as don’t you need another qualification for that and it doesn’t mention needing it or them putting you through it?

Still low pay though regardless, I’d hope you can make up a hell of a lot on bonuses. :confused:

I don’t think it’s fuel.
It does mention some knowledge of European roads nor any ADR.
I would have thought you wouldn’t get much in Dagenham for 22k.
Even their normal drivers must be on more than that.
I see he’s moved into the concrete and aggregates sector so it could be bulk tanks delivering powder.

Based on a 55 hour contract thats £7.69 an hour, so looks like a pretty standard Stobart basic wage, minus the meal allowance and all that gubbins.

The stobart fuel tanker drivers are on way more than.That wage is below the basic dayshift rate.The shunters doing 4on 4off are on more than 22k aswell.

Something wrong with that advert. Day men are on £8.52 per hour + £15.00 per day meal allowance.

Fuel tanker lad I spoke too a few years ago was on £11 something p.h if I remember right( out of Goole ) , he wasn’t complaining about wages , more he’d been sent too donny too do tesco shop deliveries for day / week , he was leaving following week :exclamation: :exclamation:

eagerbeaver:
Something wrong with that advert. Day men are on £8.52 per hour + £15.00 per day meal allowance.

But is everyone not assuming it’s guaranteed 50/ 55/ 45 hr contract , my contract said guaranteed 50 hrs pw / 8 hrs min per day ( but was always paid 10 hrs min per day ) , but then I went on concrete and suddenly you were paid what you did , 3 hrs one day :exclamation: :exclamation: , there answer was it was different work so 50 hrs / 8 hrs didn’t apply , but they did pay it after I told them I’d be taking them too court for not honouring my contract .
So could easily be case with this £8 ph , 11 ph or whatever , but if it’s only 40 hrs guaranteed , zero hours contract or whatever , then it could easily be £22k

Colin_scottish:
The stobart fuel tanker drivers are on way more than.That wage is below the basic dayshift rate.The shunters doing 4on 4off are on more than 22k aswell.

Are you having a laugh,their training non stop on fuel because they are leaving to join agencies who supply drivers for fuel. Believe me with them, BE & Turnips it’s now quickly becoming general haulage. Even on the so called ‘Big Boys’ it’s a under £30000 salary these days.Keep listening to the Stobart PR machine :slight_smile:

Clicked on the “view job” button on the bottom of that link above. Then the actual advert itself is revealed, rates and hours in the left hand column.

eddiestobart.com/careers/vacanci … y-5-from-7

I’m sure you would earn more that that iv been with them for 6 weeks now on general and I’m earning well over 480 a week doing roughly 55-60 hours… It’s topped up with different hourly pay rates and your meal allowance but that been said I go to rugby truck stop a lot and they are always advertising for tanker drivers so it sounds like they start and leave…

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

There are clowns over here in NI doing bitumen tankers for £7.50hr for 40hrs then time and a half (local men too!!![emoji52] )
The 1st 40hrs would send me to the funny farm!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk