stobarts

The 14 foot tall driver has a hormone growth defect and does the pantomine season part time, his lorry has a custom made sunroof, so he drives with his head sticking out, but has to duck for low bridges.
It must be true as a driver told me in a Rdc waiting room.

Andrejs:
Pleas read.

Not terrible earnings at all really.

26k for monday to friday days!! I dont think theres many other jobs paying that out there. Ive still not seen a logistics company on here that hasnt be slated yet.

I like green, it’s my favourite colour so I think I will apply IF I pass my test. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

instantKarma:
I like green, it’s my favourite colour so I think I will apply IF I pass my test. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Its somewhere to get your foot on the ladder if anything pal. Gain a bit of experience then ■■■■ off. Or was that sarcasm i can never tell on a forum the colour of a truck is very important ✌

Damo_hall:

instantKarma:

Its somewhere to get your foot on the ladder if anything pal. Gain a bit of experience then [zb] off. Or was that sarcasm i can never tell on a forum the colour of a truck is very important ✌

I’d recommend any newbie anywhere Widnes to get in at the Tesco site to get some experience. All different trailer sizes, plenty of tricky manoeuvres at awkward Express stores & superstores with yards barely big enough to swing a cat. Decent training as well from what I hear.

Damo_hall:

instantKarma:

Its somewhere to get your foot on the ladder if anything pal. Gain a bit of experience then [zb] off. Or was that sarcasm i can never tell on a forum the colour of a truck is very important ✌

No sarcasm intended :slight_smile:

rob22888:

Damo_hall:

instantKarma:

I’d recommend any newbie anywhere Widnes to get in at the Tesco site to get some experience. All different trailer sizes, plenty of tricky manoeuvres at awkward Express stores & superstores with yards barely big enough to swing a cat. Decent training as well from what I hear.

Thats what id go for, it looks a piece of cake apart from fighting off the people that decide to park in the loading bay because its right outside the stores. The tesco staff do all the hard work all you do is put your trolleys on the tail lift lower them to ground whilst u stand in your trailer and watch the tesco staff get ■■■■ wet through.

yoyo5:
Actually shows the level of intelligence OR lack of said brain power from some of our thicker members. The guy asked a perfectly straightforward question and it turns into something bordering on a pub punch up.

+1

Damo_hall:

rob22888:

Damo_hall:

instantKarma:

Thats what id go for, it looks a piece of cake apart from fighting off the people that decide to park in the loading bay because its right outside the stores. The tesco staff do all the hard work all you do is put your trolleys on the tail lift lower them to ground whilst u stand in your trailer and watch the tesco staff get ■■■■ wet through.

You still at Wisemans? If you’ve got your class 1 & your home life would allow it, badger them about wanting to go on afternoons/nights… very easy work & good experience. Usually 4-6 drops on a trailer, all local, all superstores, occasional bit of trunking & shunting thrown in.

Andrejs:
Pleas read.

:confused: There’s something not right there ,the f/b is showing £3.50 yet it’s actually £5.00 , now I originally thought even though it says 2014 ,it must of been earlier in 2014 and we must of had a pay rise since ,but the hourly rate of £7.95 is the present hourly rate :confused: .
As for thev£10.10 p.h ,that doesn’t add up either £7.95 +£1.50+ 0.50= £9.95 :exclamation: :exclamation: ( that’s what the consensus of opinion was addbonuses to hourly rate to get to £10.10 p.h

Yeah im still there unfortunately ive mithered em but theyve got about 5 or 6 drivers they put through there class 1 waiting to go on to the artics so ive got no chance anytime soon.

Damo_hall:
Yeah im still there unfortunately ive mithered em but theyve got about 5 or 6 drivers they put through there class 1 waiting to go on to the artics so ive got no chance anytime soon.

Guarantee them drivers won’t be looking at the PM shifts though mate, I jumped the queue doing it that way. You could be waiting round years for regular class 1 work on AM’s, waste of time. Stomaching the crap hours for 6 months served me well.

Are you at trafford park mate yeh?

Well considering stobarts are apparently an awful company to work for they rejected me :frowning: I cannot find any class 1 work anywhere what so ever for new drivers. Even the jobs that state new drivers welcome to apply want some experience just to apply!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Damo_hall:
Well considering stobarts are apparently an awful company to work for they rejected me :frowning: I cannot find any class 1 work anywhere what so ever for new drivers. Even the jobs that state new drivers welcome to apply want some experience just to apply!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

They seem to reject a lot of driver up here too.
But then constantly advertise on there website.

rob22888:

Andrejs:
Pleas read.

Not terrible earnings at all really.

Yeah really they are. READ THE SMALL PRINT “including allowances and tax free elements”.

Damo_hall:
26k for monday to friday days!! I dont think theres many other jobs paying that out there. Ive still not seen a logistics company on here that hasnt be slated yet.

There’s shedloads of jobs paying that and they don’t rely on allowances and tax free elements to make it up to £26k.

Stobarts do not pay a £26k salary. They employ methods used by umbrella companies to give you a take home pay equivalent to a £26k salary.

Stobart use ,what possible by goverment rules.why not use ■■?Stobart wages good ,because drivers do one from easy job,what possible,no multi drop,near all delivery to big RDC,CDC.they can fount plenty drivers who agree do easy peacy job.to Stobart don t needed very expirienced drivers.near any new drivers just after passed tests can do.

How the hell do Stobarts get away with a £15 meal allowance tax free from the HMRC?

This isn’t Stobart bashing or having a dig.