Stobarts Trafford Park - SCA Hygenie (still exsist)

hey,

Does anyone know how to go about applying for the stobarts depot at trafford park manchester?

If you go on the stobarts careers website and put in manchester the closet that comes up is warrington?

Anyone work there? any suggestions

thanks
Andy

You need to use the online application thing. They’ll get back to you via a phone call so I’m told about what to do next. The nearest ones to me are Newark and Worksop but it also listed depots as far as Appleton.

Yea Im just about to fill it out, just a bit strange how the Manchester Trafford Park site isn’t listed at all?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I’m fairly sure that Trafford Park / SCA won’t show up on the depot list as its a customer site rather than a Stobart depot as such (even though Stobart run it for SCA) fairly sure the same applies at McBride at Heywood and Middleton.

If you apply, select Appleton and then at interview say you’d want to work out of Trafford Park, same applied years back when I worked out of Tesco Middlewich, although I was there every day my actual base depot was (and still is) Stoke.

Oh I see, thanks I’ll see what they say if I can get to chat to someone.

Stobart run trucks based from Middleton and heywood??

Tapatalk FTW!! :slight_smile:

MancunianAndy:
Oh I see, thanks I’ll see what they say if I can get to chat to someone.

Stobart run trucks based from Middleton and heywood??

They have customer sites there, on site shunters etc but I’m fairly sure the trucks are from Appleton / Wherever (I’m out of Stoke but often go into Middleton or Heywood to collect a pre loaded trailer.

Thanks for the info greatly appreciated [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Happy to help :slight_smile:

If you’ve got any specific questions or just want to chat to them, speak to the training academy (which is where you’d go for induction)
01925 606981

If you tell them that you want general out of Appleton, they will come and ■■■■■■ you out of your bed tonight and hand you some keys. They are leaking drivers something chronic.

That’s good but also bad at the same time :frowning:

Well I filled out the online application for warrington Appleton this morning, lets hope they get back to me soon

Let us know how you get on Manc Andy.

Hang on a min…I am not suggesting that you are ’ man candy ', (although I am sure you consider yourself so).

When you get an interview, it will probably be with a chap called Phil Rothera. He is the ops manager there.
Just ask him if " he ever has any problems between drivers and planners ".

I was hoping for a quick response going off the idea of them being short on drivers, but nothing short of an automated “application received” email :frowning:

This is the agency stobart use for Trafford park if to any help more than likely get full time hours logisticspeople.co.uk/job/th … anchester/

Was just going to post Logistics People link.They will get you in as FTE til Chrimbo straight away. Stobarts are bolloxed and desperate across the board!!

What’s FTE? That’s the bit I don’t get, if there short of drivers and I’m ready to go right now, I’m surprised I haven’t had a call, to be fair it’s only been bout 2 days since I filled it out online

Fte - full time employee

MancunianAndy:
What’s FTE? That’s the bit I don’t get, if there short of drivers and I’m ready to go right now, I’m surprised I haven’t had a call, to be fair it’s only been bout 2 days since I filled it out online

Full time equivalent.

My advice would be go Casual (Zero hours contract) employed with ESL IF you want the flexibility of picking & choosing when you work,if you don’t want the flexibility then go full time as your guaranteed hours, meal allowance etc - I’m a casual and we get preference over agency / fte drivers as we are employed by the company.

I much prefer casual to full time tbh, I’ve been full time in the past - I’ve been with them for nigh on 10 years now - , days, nights and tramping, but, after recent health problems I returned as casual with a view to going full time after six months, six months later I’ve no intention of changing and have not had a shift dropped / cancelled once where plenty of agency / fte’s have.

The automated email response is standard, they will most likely send another offering an interview at your chosen depot, assuming your successful, you have the delights of a two day induction (Appleton service support centre / training academy) which is paid where you’ll get your uniform, contract and an insight into ESL.

Expect long hours, its almost a given, but, if you do your job & keep your nose clean, in my experience, they look after you.

I got an email back from them this morning, it says to sit tight and they’ll get in touch.