Stobarts recruiting

Sorry to be stupid but I never normally follow Stobbie threads but are they opening up some kind of chilled depot at Magna Park or something like that ?

ady1:

waynedl:

ady1:

MO(Topgun):
Yet another thread on here about us at Stobarts,and whats this below average wage we supposed to be on…ive worked at Stobarts for 16yrs and still enjoy it and arrive for work on monday morning quite happy and looking foward to a weeks work…yep i do my 70hrs nearly every week,havent dropped more than 10hrs since christmas through are so-called quite period that never happened and after doing 70 laid back hours and 5 nights out still take home £600 plus every week or as we are paid fortnightley…£1220 take home over two weeks…for the work i do,im more than happy with that and i get to park mostly at our own depots with decent showers and cheap restaraunts…nobody forces me to do it,Stobarts are just another haulage company like many others but with the differance of being…they are on the ball and not many drivers or others that work there are allowed to do what they like,they keep a keen eye on all parts of the buisness,if ya dont want to work there nobody is forcing ya to,the proof came when they made a few redundant just after xmas,a few of them drivers had slagged Stobarts off week after week but when they found out they were for the chop they were soon bleating about losing there jobs,has ive said before you people have a problem with Stobarts,get over it and move on and better ya own lives in stead of worrying about us at Stobarts,we can look after ourselves

if you can get the hours /nights out mo then its a decent wage,but once you get those hours cut to the bare bone,40 per week,have a weeks holiday £7.75x50=387.50 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: [top line,no f/b,no m/a] its poor,espcially if you look at what all the other drivers were getting on the [how much p.h thread],most were £10 /12/16 p.h,i yoused to defend it,said it was decent,average but thats only if your doing 70/80 hrs p.w,nights out/weekends/overtime,listen to the lads who got laid off etc,theyve all got better paying jobs,good luck to you mo if your happy,but i know alot arnt,me included these days,if things do ever pick up,i can see it being back to the days of 50 leaving in 2 months,not knocking it mo,its a job,but even i am struggling to defend it and say its well paid ,i know a fair few who have/are trying to sell there holidays as they can afford 2 weeks off at £387.50 p.w

Don’t see why you’d struggle on £387.50 per week when off work, no fuel in car to go to work etc, it’s certainly not a bad basic wage. Although, I do wonder how you did 40 per week, then say £7.75 x 50 :question: £7.75 x 40 = 310, you might struggle a bit with that, but if you do, it’s only because of bad financial planning.

I always work out if I can afford to live on the basic wage I’m offered before I take a job, anything after that is a bonus, so if a job guarentees 55hrs = £410 per week, I decide, can I live on £410 per week, not just for a week or 2, but regular and including commuting everyday, if I can’t then I don’t take the job, but I usually can.

To be honest, I could live on 300 per week including commuting everyday, not sure I’d go for a job that pays that though when there’s a Tesco 2 rows of houses from my house that probably pays that to run the sweeper around.

most folks when there on holiday like to either go away for a week[fuel to get there] or for days our[fuel again],thats what normal family life is about,holiday time is normally for going places with the kids,mrs,we dont all sit at home on our holidays watching jeremy kyle :unamused: :unamused: .
if you do 40 hrs they garuantee you 50 hrs[or 45 if youre at work,or 50 hrs when on holiday].
as for bad financial,all most have budgeted for is to try and buy a house,have a couple of kids,and go away for a week in a caravan,days out,just have a normal family life,i fell to see how youd do this on 387 b/t ,even the goverment dont think you can,thats why most of the young lads with families get family credits,family allowances etc,etc.
as for you pick and choose whether too take a job,your obviously lucky to live in a area where you have that option,if it doesnt pay 9/10 p.h ill not take it as it wont pay my bills,we dont all have that option,some of us live in areas where 7/8 p.h is the norm,if we decided not to take it,what then,dole,move away,i live in a low wage area,so house prices are low,i doubt i could afford a bedsit in some areas with the money id get for mine
i dont care whether you can live on £300 per week or not,thats not the point,the point is its a poor wage this day and age which ever way you dress it up,im lucky like you,no mortage,g/f has good job,daughter grown up working,left money in will,so im alright,but i still feel for those young lads who are starting out,just want a house for them,mrs,kids,1 holiday a year or days out,not too much to ask for is it really

I never said I won’t work unless it’s 9 / 10 ph, I’ve worked for £6.80 odd (Maritime) and last job was £7.30 odd (Turners), but both were guarenteed 55hrs, so the guarenteed minimum wage was 375 for Maritime and 410 for Turners.

I also never said I didn’t have a mortgage, I do have a mortgage.

I also never said your holiday pay would pay for your holiday, do like the rest of us do and put a bit aside every week to pay for it, then the holiday pay gives you a bit to tap if you need to or covers bills whilst you’re away.

I also live in a poorer area, 70k house, cheapo car (not on finance), also have a caravan that I try and get away a good few times per year in, but also have a house (shack) in Bulgaria that I have to go check on once per year + pay the fees for owning this.

I’m currently on agency (stobarts funny enough) and get 2 - 3 days most weeks, and am managing fine on that at £8 per hour flat and with 45 mins took off for breaks.

I have no kids, my missus works 24.5 hrs per week, not entitled to any benefits etc

As I said, I decide if I can afford to live on the basic wage, any extra goes towards treats and the holiday fund and anything else like my ADR training, so if work is slack or if I’m on hols, I can still live, and when hols come I can go away etc.

bald bloke:
Sorry to be stupid but I never normally follow Stobbie threads but are they opening up some kind of chilled depot at Magna Park or something like that ?

NO COMMENT,were not daft enough to help the opposition with a bit of insider info :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

waynedl:

ady1:

waynedl:

ady1:

MO(Topgun):
Yet another thread on here about us at Stobarts,and whats this below average wage we supposed to be on…ive worked at Stobarts for 16yrs and still enjoy it and arrive for work on monday morning quite happy and looking foward to a weeks work…yep i do my 70hrs nearly every week,havent dropped more than 10hrs since christmas through are so-called quite period that never happened and after doing 70 laid back hours and 5 nights out still take home £600 plus every week or as we are paid fortnightley…£1220 take home over two weeks…for the work i do,im more than happy with that and i get to park mostly at our own depots with decent showers and cheap restaraunts…nobody forces me to do it,Stobarts are just another haulage company like many others but with the differance of being…they are on the ball and not many drivers or others that work there are allowed to do what they like,they keep a keen eye on all parts of the buisness,if ya dont want to work there nobody is forcing ya to,the proof came when they made a few redundant just after xmas,a few of them drivers had slagged Stobarts off week after week but when they found out they were for the chop they were soon bleating about losing there jobs,has ive said before you people have a problem with Stobarts,get over it and move on and better ya own lives in stead of worrying about us at Stobarts,we can look after ourselves

if you can get the hours /nights out mo then its a decent wage,but once you get those hours cut to the bare bone,40 per week,have a weeks holiday £7.75x50=387.50 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: [top line,no f/b,no m/a] its poor,espcially if you look at what all the other drivers were getting on the [how much p.h thread],most were £10 /12/16 p.h,i yoused to defend it,said it was decent,average but thats only if your doing 70/80 hrs p.w,nights out/weekends/overtime,listen to the lads who got laid off etc,theyve all got better paying jobs,good luck to you mo if your happy,but i know alot arnt,me included these days,if things do ever pick up,i can see it being back to the days of 50 leaving in 2 months,not knocking it mo,its a job,but even i am struggling to defend it and say its well paid ,i know a fair few who have/are trying to sell there holidays as they can afford 2 weeks off at £387.50 p.w

Don’t see why you’d struggle on £387.50 per week when off work, no fuel in car to go to work etc, it’s certainly not a bad basic wage. Although, I do wonder how you did 40 per week, then say £7.75 x 50 :question: £7.75 x 40 = 310, you might struggle a bit with that, but if you do, it’s only because of bad financial planning.

I always work out if I can afford to live on the basic wage I’m offered before I take a job, anything after that is a bonus, so if a job guarentees 55hrs = £410 per week, I decide, can I live on £410 per week, not just for a week or 2, but regular and including commuting everyday, if I can’t then I don’t take the job, but I usually can.

To be honest, I could live on 300 per week including commuting everyday, not sure I’d go for a job that pays that though when there’s a Tesco 2 rows of houses from my house that probably pays that to run the sweeper around.

most folks when there on holiday like to either go away for a week[fuel to get there] or for days our[fuel again],thats what normal family life is about,holiday time is normally for going places with the kids,mrs,we dont all sit at home on our holidays watching jeremy kyle :unamused: :unamused: .
if you do 40 hrs they garuantee you 50 hrs[or 45 if youre at work,or 50 hrs when on holiday].
as for bad financial,all most have budgeted for is to try and buy a house,have a couple of kids,and go away for a week in a caravan,days out,just have a normal family life,i fell to see how youd do this on 387 b/t ,even the goverment dont think you can,thats why most of the young lads with families get family credits,family allowances etc,etc.
as for you pick and choose whether too take a job,your obviously lucky to live in a area where you have that option,if it doesnt pay 9/10 p.h ill not take it as it wont pay my bills,we dont all have that option,some of us live in areas where 7/8 p.h is the norm,if we decided not to take it,what then,dole,move away,i live in a low wage area,so house prices are low,i doubt i could afford a bedsit in some areas with the money id get for mine
i dont care whether you can live on £300 per week or not,thats not the point,the point is its a poor wage this day and age which ever way you dress it up,im lucky like you,no mortage,g/f has good job,daughter grown up working,left money in will,so im alright,but i still feel for those young lads who are starting out,just want a house for them,mrs,kids,1 holiday a year or days out,not too much to ask for is it really

I never said I won’t work unless it’s 9 / 10 ph, I’ve worked for £6.80 odd (Maritime) and last job was £7.30 odd (Turners), but both were guarenteed 55hrs, so the guarenteed minimum wage was 375 for Maritime and 410 for Turners.

I also never said your holiday pay would pay for your holiday, do like the rest of us do and put a bit aside every week to pay for it, then the holiday pay gives you a bit to tap if you need to or covers bills whilst you’re away.

I also live in a poorer area, 70k house, cheapo car (not on finance), also have a caravan that I try and get away a good few times per year in, but also have a house (shack) in Bulgaria that I have to go check on once per year + pay the fees for owning this.

I’m currently on agency (stobarts funny enough) and get 2 - 3 days most weeks, and am managing fine on that at £8 per hour flat and with 45 mins took off for breaks.

I have no kids, my missus works 24.5 hrs per week, not entitled to any benefits etc

As I said, I decide if I can afford to live on the basic wage, any extra goes towards treats and the holiday fund and anything else like my ADR training, so if work is slack or if I’m on hols, I can still live, and when hols come I can go away etc.

you work 3 days a week ,£8 p.h,you have a caravan,you also own a house in bulgaria,i seriously dont know how you do it,mortages,council tax,water rates,gas,electric,food,clothes,petrol,car tax,insurance+caravan+house in bulgaria[with whatever bills you pay there]+ you save as well,most folks in this country are struggling to exist on more income than youve got,i dont know how you do it,but id have to give you credit if you do.
i know the young lads i work with are struggling to exist[never mind live] on £300 p.w,and there not the down the pub every night types,just young lads,2 up/2 down,1/2 kids+all the bills,must be the kids that make the difference.

ady1:

waynedl:

ady1:

waynedl:

ady1:

MO(Topgun):

you work 3 days a week ,£8 p.h,you have a caravan,you also own a house in bulgaria,i seriously dont know how you do it,mortages,council tax,water rates,gas,electric,food,clothes,petrol,car tax,insurance+caravan+house in bulgaria[with whatever bills you pay there]+ you save as well,most folks in this country are struggling to exist on more income than youve got,i dont know how you do it,but id have to give you credit if you do.
i know the young lads i work with are struggling to exist[never mind live] on £300 p.w,and there not the down the pub every night types,just young lads,2 up/2 down,1/2 kids+all the bills,must be the kids that make the difference.

Once again, you’ve only half read.

I said I’m CURRENTLY only doing that, doesn’t mean that’s all I’ve done, I finished at my last full time job in Jan and had enough money to 1 side that I’m not panicking yet.

As I said, all bills get paid and still have a couple of quid for a meal or a beer at weekend, but I’d like to earn more so I could spend more :wink:

Become an Eddie Stobart Franchisee Partner

We are looking for reliable owner drivers with an LGV C+E (Class 1) licence.

• Preferably you will have a Transport Manager CPC

• Tramping

• Based in Yorkshire, Lancashire…

Not really looking for trampers, theyre looking for people to spend a friggin fortune on buying a unit, renting a trailer, getting their own TM,CPC, and find someone to drive their unit when they want holiday, need to see the doctor or go on holiday, all for £24k per year :open_mouth: .
Seems like a hell of hell of crap business to put yourelf in.

schrodingers cat:

• Tramping

Not really looking for trampers, theyre looking for people to spend a friggin fortune on buying a unit, renting a trailer, getting their own TM,CPC, and find someone to drive their unit when they want holiday, need to see the doctor or go on holiday, all for £24k per year :open_mouth: .

24k,it started at 5k,then 12k,now your saying its 24k :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,

merc0447:
By the looks of that it isnt just the drivers that are on ■■■■ poor money its everyone from cleaner to operations manager. I get paid the same as their operations managers?! :open_mouth:

Certainly the shunter vacancies are £4k less than I was earning in 2007.

ady1:

schrodingers cat:

• Tramping

24k,it started at 5k,then 12k,now your saying its 24k :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,

24k is what you`ll earn

Here is a question about this ‘Stobart Franchisee Partner’ thing.
One part of it says that you will supply a driver for cover during busy periods … O.K. then, so does that mean I have to pay to have him trained to Stobart ■■■■ & Trailers standard just to do an odd run every now & again, or do they specify a trained agency driver from an agency that they use at their RATES to drive MY truck that will be deducted from my rate for the job?
Or will I just be paid to my home depot where they will take the trailer off me & split the rate? There just seems to be a few too many loose ends in this scheme for anyone to make a go of it, I’m sure you will be reigned in once you have your costs covered each week & made yourself a wage.

ady1:

bald bloke:

NO COMMENT,were not daft enough to help the opposition with a bit of insider info :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Can’t possibly think what you’re on about :confused: :confused:

MO(Topgun):
Yet another thread on here about us at Stobarts,and whats this below average wage we supposed to be on…ive worked at Stobarts for 16yrs and still enjoy it and arrive for work on monday morning quite happy and looking foward to a weeks work…yep i do my 70hrs nearly every week,havent dropped more than 10hrs since christmas through are so-called quite period that never happened and after doing 70 laid back hours and 5 nights out still take home £600 plus every week or as we are paid fortnightley…£1220 take home over two weeks…for the work i do,im more than happy with that and i get to park mostly at our own depots with decent showers and cheap restaraunts…nobody forces me to do it,Stobarts are just another haulage company like many others but with the differance of being…they are on the ball and not many drivers or others that work there are allowed to do what they like,they keep a keen eye on all parts of the buisness,if ya dont want to work there nobody is forcing ya to,the proof came when they made a few redundant just after xmas,a few of them drivers had slagged Stobarts off week after week but when they found out they were for the chop they were soon bleating about losing there jobs,has ive said before you people have a problem with Stobarts,get over it and move on and better ya own lives in stead of worrying about us at Stobarts,we can look after ourselves[/quote

Yawn…

I have applied twice since the add first went into the paper for information about the stobart franchise and still have not had any reply,
Has anyone had a reply or has anyone started the franchise.

shade:
They have’nt got the Asda work have they ?

Asda wouldn’t touch Stobart with a barge pole. I did however drop my jaw when I came out of the Skelmersdale CDC last week when in the other direction went a Stobart unit pulling an Asda trailer… it was ok though, it was Scania Haydock returning a trailer to the depot…PHEW !

Kerbdog:

shade:

Asda wouldn’t touch Stobart with a barge pole. I did however drop my jaw when I came out of the Skelmersdale CDC last week when in the other direction went a Stobart unit pulling an Asda trailer… it was ok though, it was Scania Haydock returning a trailer to the depot…PHEW !

I see stobart running in and out of ASDA normanton regularly on a night with at least 4 or 5 in there when going past on the 62

damion.p:

Kerbdog:

shade:

I see stobart running in and out of ASDA normanton regularly on a night with at least 4 or 5 in there when going past on the 62

They’re probably doing other work that delivers to ASDA, not ASDA work.

I do a bit for SCA, so deliver kitchen roll and toilet roll to whoever, and then I’ll backload whatever to wherever, so can end up with pepsi or shower gel or whatever, and might deliver that to ASDA too

bald bloke:

ady1:

bald bloke:

Can’t possibly think what you’re on about :confused: :confused:

it was tonque in cheek :wink: [culina chilled would like to know what stobart chilled were/are up too]competitors,its old news really bald bloke,there meant to be closing the chilled depots at corby/alcester and opening a new/bigger/super[what ever word suits them that day] at magna park,but i did read something where locals/councills have/may throw a spanner in works to do with parking/planning for parking,but ive also heard a councillor is a spotter/eddie fan,and hes championing the fact the amount of spotters heading for new depot would benifit the local economy,hotels,shops,magna park stobart truckfest etc,etc

Winseer:
You won’t be taking that home once you get your big tax bill in over the next few weeks… Fortnightly pay is a sign of mickey mouse accounting aka “Umbrella & Pseudo Self-Employed”. :confused:

Stobarts pay fortnightly for PAYE employees.

Besides, making a habit of 70 hour weeks is illegal I believe,

Wrong, a word that pretty much sums up your entire post.

Conor:

Winseer:
You won’t be taking that home once you get your big tax bill in over the next few weeks… Fortnightly pay is a sign of mickey mouse accounting aka “Umbrella & Pseudo Self-Employed”. :confused:

^^^ +1

MikeCunn:

Conor:

Winseer:

^^^ +1

Mo is having you on! 71 hours lads! :grimacing: 3 x 15 = 45 AND 2 x 13 = 26 add them together = 71hrs! :sunglasses: :laughing: and if your interested you can work Saturday if you wish! When they first offered the franchise out last august it was £5000 to us, then there was an exam to pass ( national C.P.C! ) but there were no takers! :question: :bulb: :wink: I went to France fishing for the week :grimacing: