Stobarts pay rise?

albion:
Sounds like a good gig Davey, hope it continues on for a long time for you.

Just to wind sammym up, because he loves to hear my rates of pay, Sunday 24.50, bank holiday same plus day in lieu.

That’s very good.

Whilst you are fit and healthy it’s great. But if you get cancer or have another long-term illness you can sell your house and pawn the wedding rings. Because is Albion isn’t making any money off your back you sure as hell won’t be.

DaveyCrocket:

xichrisxi:
85p an hour more than the nat min wage [emoji1]
I really am clueless as to how stobrats get people to work for them surely they can’t all just be happy with a green uniform instead of decent pay?!

I applied there because I only recently passed class one and there’s not too many firms will take newbies. I was gonna use them for a bit of experience but then I got lucky and another firm gave me a chance and I’m lovin it. They pay more and are happy to help me out with reversing practice and we keep our own trucks which is a nice thing when you spend so much time at work and you can keep it clean and leave your kit in there … happy days.

You should speak with dozy about leaving your stuff in the cab :laughing:

sammym:

albion:

Just to wind sammym up, because he loves to hear my rates of pay, Sunday 24.50, bank holiday same plus day in lieu.

That’s very good.

Whilst you are fit and healthy it’s great. But if you get cancer or have another long-term illness you can sell your house and pawn the wedding rings. Because is Albion isn’t making any money off your back you sure as hell won’t be.

Can’t the same be said for anyone self-employed? What happens if you can’t work?

I’ve only ever had one job that paid sick pay. I’m aware of it that’s why I have income protection insurance and other stuff.like that.

sammym:

albion:

That’s very good.

So would you care to publish your sick pay terms? If you’re on a decent wage then a bit of insurance to cover being sick is no hardship

Mazzer2:

sammym:

albion:

That’s very good.

So would you care to publish your sick pay terms? If you’re on a decent wage then a bit of insurance to cover being sick is no hardship

He’s LTD company so gets sfa, and he has the nerve to critisise Albion, at least her company is all above board :grimacing:

toonsy:

sammym:

albion:

That’s very good.

Can’t the same be said for anyone self-employed? What happens if you can’t work?

You have to claim benefits if you don’t have a lot of money in the bank. Or you live off what you have saved.

However, a self-employed person is quite different from an employee. Legally there is nothing wrong with only paying SSP. But morally as far as I’m concerned - if you are going to constantly say what a wonderful employer you are, and how fantastic your business is compared to the industry you shouldn’t leave your staff high and dry in their darkest hour.

Consider this - you go to work for a company for 15 years. You do everything to do the job to the best of your abilities. And you make the company lots of money. Then you get cancer. Your world is falling apart - your family are terrified. And at this point your employer says ‘not my problem sort yourself out’. That doesn’t sound like a great employer to me.

Mazzer2:

sammym:

albion:

That’s very good.

Absolutely. I only drive part-time for a bit of pocket money. My main income comes from elsewhere.

In the event I become Ill I continue to be paid my full income. At this point, I’d still be paid for 2.5 years with no deductions.

If my partner becomes pregnant I’m entitled to 6 months full income from work. And this time is added on to the end of my funding.

sammym:

toonsy:

sammym:

albion:

That’s very good.

You have to claim benefits if you don’t have a lot of money in the bank. Or you live off what you have saved.

However, a self-employed person is quite different from an employee. Legally there is nothing wrong with only paying SSP. But morally as far as I’m concerned - if you are going to constantly say what a wonderful employer you are, and how fantastic your business is compared to the industry you shouldn’t leave your staff high and dry in their darkest hour.

Consider this - you go to work for a company for 15 years. You do everything to do the job to the best of your abilities. And you make the company lots of money. Then you get cancer. Your world is falling apart - your family are terrified. And at this point your employer says ‘not my problem sort yourself out’. That doesn’t sound like a great employer to me.

Welcome to the real world where you have to look after your self and you don’t depend on anyone else to wipe your backside for you .
Glad you could join us .

sammym:

Mazzer2:

sammym:

albion:

That’s very good.

Absolutely. I only drive part-time for a bit of pocket money. My main income comes from elsewhere.

In the event I become Ill I continue to be paid my full income. At this point, I’d still be paid for 2.5 years with no deductions.

If my partner becomes pregnant I’m entitled to 6 months full income from work. And this time is added on to the end of my funding.

Self employed lorry driver? So basically operating a tax fiddle your previous gumpf about Victorian Britain is a bit hypocritical when you aren’t paying what you should sure your partners NHS department would appreciate a bit more money from the pot which could be a bit bigger if everyone paid their taxes at the correct level

SAMMYM !
The reason a lot of firms now don’t pay any type of sick pay is because of lazy lay about slackers who constantly took the pee with it FFs :imp: :imp:
Wake up and smell the bull your spouting :wink:

Mazzer2:
Self employed lorry driver? So basically operating a tax fiddle your previous gumpf about Victorian Britain is a bit hypocritical when you aren’t paying what you should sure your partners NHS department would appreciate a bit more money from the pot which could be a bit bigger if everyone paid their taxes at the correct level

Stop making assumptions. My primary income is totally tax free. And legal before you start. So I have the whole of my tax free allowance to play with. The public ■■■■■ doesn’t lose a penny due to my arrangements. I chose to go Ltd not to pay less tax (as my bill would be pretty much zero anyway) but because I earn more per hour and don’t have to balls around asking for holiday pay.

sammym:

Mazzer2:

Stop making assumptions. My primary income is totally tax free. And legal before you start. So I have the whole of my tax free allowance to play with. The public ■■■■■ doesn’t lose a penny due to my arrangements. I chose to go Ltd not to pay less tax (as my bill would be pretty much zero anyway) but because I earn more per hour and don’t have to balls around asking for holiday pay.

So does your LTD Co pay sick pay then?

Seems like the threads gone a bit off track, but anyway knock yourselves out

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I used to work for a supermarket chain, they pay 4 weeks sick money at the same rate as your hourly pay, so a lot of the drivers took the ■■■■ and had a extra 4 weeks off a year. The next pay review they cut the sick pay right down and added abit more on to the hourly rate

A mate of mine works in a bank and has 15 days sick every year as you can take up to five days off 3x a year without a doctors note :laughing:

Im OK now I get my salary paid but at my last company when I had 10 weeks off that was on £112 a week.

elsa Lad:
I used to work for a supermarket chain, they pay 4 weeks sick money at the same rate as your hourly pay, so a lot of the drivers took the ■■■■ and had a extra 4 weeks off a year. The next pay review they cut the sick pay right down and added abit more on to the hourly rate

As i said in my rant , drivers take the pee and sick rate get cut :wink:

blue estate:

elsa Lad:

As i said in my rant , drivers take the pee and sick rate get cut :wink:

which is not good if you are really ill and you got bills to pay

I’m just shrugging my shoulders in disbelief. Working men arguing against sick pay - because they honestly believe it’s abused rather than a safety net for them in their darkest hour.

I must be blessed with only knowing great people. My parter works in a professional capacity in a hospital. None of her colleagues regularly take days off because they fancy chilling in the sun or are hungover. I have never taken a sick day in my current ‘job’ where sickness payment is given - and again I don’t know a single person who does.

sammym:

albion:

That’s very good.

Yep you really are hung up on the sick pay thing aren’t you. I don’t get anything but SSP either and I’m not always the best paid. Because of that I pay for insurance to cover myself if I do get sick.

As I say, I don’t get your vitriol towards me. I post the good and the bad monetary terms about the company and the only bad is the lack of SSP. I post the good and the bad about the actual work.

But as you don’t work for me - yes I know you wouldn’t in a million years, for which I’m grateful for, I Iike my vehicles in one piece and drivers that don’t ask questions like should I put my card in for an assessment drive - it’s all rather irrelevant to me.

I can only presume I do alright as the drivers stay for decades, literally decades and they are the relevant people, if they were that upset about SSP, then off they would go and work somewhere else.

Spoke with the drivers reps today and I’ve been told it’s 32p an hour added to the day rate, making the standard rate £9 an hour. Weekend workers are going to get an extra 9p an hour, the lower rise on the weekend rate is apparently because past pay rises tended to favour weekend workers so this will make up for it.

The meal allowance is staying.