Stobarts on ITV4 Thurs 19th 8pm

having once worked for stobarts all i can say is it was’nt my cup of tea. but last night’s program made andy + billy come across as down to earth type of lads and I for one certainly dont begrudge them their little toys i just wish i knew then personally just so i could have a go of that lambo :laughing:

hammer:
What’s this programme actually called? Next Thursday at 8 is football on ITV4…

I think it was a one-off

repeated on sat 21st at 17.30 on itv4

Thanks for that Andy couldn’t get it via the link so set the digi box to record it.

it was well worth watching
as it was about Tinkler and Stobby it was about their veiw of life and work
there was not much to see for a truck anorak

best bit
Stobby says to forklift driver i didnt load the trailer so take what you want :laughing:
typical driver

I was expecting something a lot different so feel let down at it really. Not really interested in a pair of blokes who got rich by starting off with 500 quid we know they’re rich cause of how big ES is :smiley: they dont lead any unique lifestyle compared with other business owners on that scale and I expected more about the actual industry but never mind.
Fair play for taking a lorry out and working though shows he hasnt let all the money and power go to his head and in true typical driver style telling lad with flt to take what he knows is his cause he didnt load it made me laugh :laughing:
Would of been better making a series following them and a driver or two who tramp out all week that could give us something interesting to watch but suppose wont happen.

what was it called ill just get it on catch-up

OllieNotts:
I was expecting something a lot different so feel let down at it really. Not really interested in a pair of blokes who got rich by starting off with 500 quid we know they’re rich cause of how big ES is :smiley: they dont lead any unique lifestyle compared with other business owners on that scale and I expected more about the actual industry but never mind.
Fair play for taking a lorry out and working though shows he hasnt let all the money and power go to his head and in true typical driver style telling lad with flt to take what he knows is his cause he didnt load it made me laugh :laughing:
Would of been better making a series following them and a driver or two who tramp out all week that could give us something interesting to watch but suppose wont happen.

He maybe took it out for the cameras, but years ago when his brother ran it and wanted him in the office William wouldnt give up driving and still did alot of driving as well as office work. Must be nice to just go out if you feel like it! LOL

Interesting program. I thought it was the Ant and Dec show. They did seem a little rough round the edges but I guess thats a good thing in a way. Bit blingy if you ask me. :grimacing:

Felt as if, if they don’t get their own way the doll comes out the pram. Short fuses.

Im watching it now on ITV 4 interesting :wink:

Very intersting show

I met william few years ago (Thanks for breakfast!) and well done, when i met him he had a slight stutter and now he got over it… hard thing to do as my best mate had one and still suffers now and again under pressure

I wonder if they will tell the tale of the naughty firemen

fuse:

■■? pm me lol!!! if u cant post here …

andy187:

fuse:

■■? pm me lol!!! if u cant post here …

If Smart Truckers was just a “one-off” show, then it is nothing more than a heavily edited version, of what was billed as an 8 parter, shown only in the Border TV area before Xmas 2008.it was then called “Kings of the Road”. in the event ,only 6 episodes were broadcast. Perhaps the “naughty FiremAn”, who fuse referred to was Mr.Tinkler, who hosed William Stobart down with a fire extinguisher, for not playing “Candle in the Wind”, as instructed by Mr.T. It was one of the type which cuts off the oxygen supply to a fire. It appears that it almost had the same effect on Mr.Stobart…William was ,at that time disc jockey for the night at one of their parties.He was also the Toilet Inspector for the night. His comments ,as he inspected the Ladies Toilets will have gone down like a lead balloon in many a viewing household.(that was repeated on Smart Truckers). We were also re-shown the palaver over the paint job on William Stobart,s new car (69WS ,or as the French would say Soixante-neuf WS, :wink: :wink: ).I have a feeling that "Kings of the Road will have been something of a PR disaster. Smart Truckers, in my view, will do nothing to put things right.

fair play to them they’ve took the gamble and its paid off… they mentioned steve oconnor who used to own oconnors in widnes… now stobarts i used to work there acouple of years back be for stobarts took over… he also had a vision in transport and it has also paid off lookin at his new lambo :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ady1:
very dissapointed in your last paragraph ricky, theres alot of larkhall , manton wood drivers loosing there jobs at the moment, who wrongly or rightly feel theyve been crapped on. maybe a bit more thought about what you post in future

If Stobarts hadn’t stepped in those drivers would have lost their jobs a long time ago. They should be upset at the muppets who ran Innovate into the ground and not the people at Stobarts who kept them in a job for an extra few months.

Paul

fair play to stobarts they’ve kept it running in which it would of colapsed years ago due to the lack of money and they have took over and done a good job of it it, also was interesting programme.

does williams brother edward have anything to do with it now

:wink: well i am another ex stobby man, in fact i used to trunk williams wagon on nights, an he done days, that was when eddie ran the company, i worked there when the wagons only had two numbers on the door, the real eddie stobart was a agricultural haulier, eddie junior sold it w a developments,so w a did really start out with £500 but they didnt make their money in haulage, eddie owns the old boalloy trailer company, makes horseboxes and the like,
they are all approachable people if you can get near enough too speak too them, they havent lost themselves but the minnions around them have, i would go back tomorrow if the firm was run the way it used to be, but things change(or so i,m told),
i could name, names or relate to the stunts that were pulled, but its like most firms but on a larger scale,“i,ve got newer wagon” “i,ve got a match ticket” “i picked up a brand new trailer” “i need a sunday”
all to climb the ladder of success,. well i,ve seen the ladder of some of these guys, it was in the centre of m25 it fell off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I caught the last 10 mins of it, was andrew tinkler anything to do with Haulage before Eddie Stobart sold it to his WA Development Company?