stobarts in a bit of bother

motortransport.co.uk/blog/2016/0 … -offences/

Add this with the recent thread about load restraints or (lack of)
Not really the industry leaders they like to portray themselves as :confused:

Nice to see one of the big boys treated like everyone else. Losing 50 trucks will mess them up a fair bit no doubt.

Iv always said the big firms break more rules than the smaller firms.
A previous firm of mine was great on maintainence etc but drivers hours offenses were swept under the carpet,
I bet this is due to planners bullying drivers to break hours…
I was once talking to a night driver at Corley for stobart who had run out of time and he said the planner was telling him to run back to hams hall and put it down to “secure parking”
Take on too much work and it can’t fit in to a shift.

Excellent first post about Stobart :smiley:

Not the usual garbage :wink:

4 drivers still employed? Assume their card clear■■?

Would like to know more details :slight_smile:

yorkshire terrier:
I was once talking to a night driver at Corley for stobart who had run out of time and he said the planner was telling him to run back to hams hall and put it down to “secure parking”
Take on too much work and it can’t fit in to a shift.

That old excuse has been abused to death over the years, no wonder DVSA give people a hard time about using it as a reason to go over hours, even when it’s been genuine.

It’s the only firm I have worked for where the planners have a go at you if you haven’t used enough POA!

They even encourage you to use it in small traffic delays. Looks like DVSA/TC is clamping down on them.

What’s more worrying is there was 15 actual drivers willing to break the law for the pittance they pay.

130simon:

yorkshire terrier:
Take on too much work and it can’t fit in to a shift.[/quote

Surely any driver who values their license would say, “no, it’s my license and I’m out of time”?

Before i joined this forum i already had a low opinion of Stobarts and what i have seen and heard confirms what i thought

Just my personal opinion mind but i would rather play the banjo on a street corner than work for Stobarts

Tommy7437:
Before i joined this forum i already had a low opinion of Stobarts and what i have seen and heard confirms what i thought

Just my personal opinion mind but i would rather play the banjo on a street corner than work for Stobarts

Good idea ! George Formby earned a fortune doing just that :slight_smile:

chester:

Not sure really that regulatory compliance has anything to do with leading an industry. Most large corporations, considered industry leaders, often bend both tax and employment laws to the absolute limit, look at Amazon, so it’s no surprise they occasionally go beyond also.

I doubt the o-licence cut will do anything there’ll be plenty of surplus at other depots if there wasn’t a good surplus there already. I suspect the TC must know that as well.

Check out the next post, oh my gosh :open_mouth:

chester:

Own Account Driver:

chester:

Not sure really that regulatory compliance has anything to do with leading an industry. Most large corporations, considered industry leaders, often bend both tax and employment laws to the absolute limit, look at Amazon, so it’s no surprise they occasionally go beyond also.

I doubt the o-licence cut will do anything there’ll be plenty of surplus at other depots if there wasn’t a good surplus there already. I suspect the TC must know that as well.

Fiddling a bit of tax is not exactly putting innocent lives at risk now is it!
However exceeding drivers hours and taking 26tons loads restrained with two internal straps in a regular curtainsider is!

So I expect Beverly Bell would take this into consideration :unamused:

I was hi-lighting these issues in 2013 and they are posts on this forum detailing when I was told to get off site, at a haulage company in Appleton Thorn when I explained to their training school they were running bent.

Iam surprised it’s taken the TC and DVSA so long to get a grip of them.

The same year DHL assessors told me on an induction that they had VOSA (as they were called at the time) dispensation to take loads unrestrained :open_mouth:
Every regular driver swallowed it, except the agency mob.

chester:

chester:

Own Account Driver:

chester:

However exceeding drivers hours and taking 26tons loads restrained with two internal straps in a regular curtainsider is!

I was hi-lighting these issues in 2013 and they are posts on this forum detailing when I was told to get off site, at a haulage company in Appleton Thorn when I explained to their training school they were running bent.

The same year DHL assessors told me on an induction that they had VOSA (as they were called at the time) dispensation to take loads unrestrained :open_mouth:

It’s people like you that have turned this job into the H&S nightmare that it is. Too frightened of your own shadow and want someone to hold your hand everywhere because you’re too thick to use the brain you were born with when it comes to load stability and want everything wrapped in cotton wool.

■■■■ Gusher has not really read my post hasn’t she not:?
Or else she would have realised its Doris’s like her who the spotty young planners get to boss about all day.
You my dear are the problem, the yes boss,anything boss, types :unamused:

Iam happy with my wage being a naysayers since 2013, I hope you are happy as well?

Just propaganda! Vosa could find faults in EVERY firm. They’re all at it, hence the volume of European drivers they are all employing, windscreens full with sat navs and ‘pittance’ for pay.

chester:

chester:

Own Account Driver:

chester:

If you’d told me you were a limper, at the start, I could have saved reading the rest of the ‘limpers like finding trivial reasons to avoid work’ shock newsflash.

Just driver must be responsible for driving hours offences .No time for return to base that planning before and stay night out.But some drivers to lazy .Must not just hate employes but drivers must have as well good awareness planing and common senses,not just keep steering wheels.

Honestscott76:
Just propaganda! Vosa could find faults in EVERY firm. They’re all at it, hence the volume of European drivers they are all employing, windscreens full with sat navs and ‘pittance’ for pay.

Some Ee drivers have money money than British drivers.I know companies where drivers get about 2000 euro.But about sat nav than no any restriction to keep sat nav at wendscreen .