Stobarts doncaster

would just like to say i have enjoyed the last 2 days running trailers out of tesco doncaster getting called a ■■■■■■ and they clap every time you drive in remember this i may be a ■■■■■■ but this ■■■■■■ has a job and thanks for the hand clapping i know my driving is good lol

As much as i dont agree with unions and strike action i wouldnt cross a picket line…

Saaamon:
As much as i dont agree with unions and strike action i wouldnt cross a picket line…

many McDonalds wages truckers would! Even STOBRATS out of Trafford park! :open_mouth: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing:

madmanjay:
would just like to say i have enjoyed the last 2 days running trailers out of tesco doncaster getting called a [zb] and they clap every time you drive in remember this i may be a [zb] but this [zb] has a job and thanks for the hand clapping i know my driving is good lol

Good for you, Smart Ar$e! :unamused: it WILL come back to bite YOU! :open_mouth: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: ENJOY! :bulb: :question:

Fatboy slimslow:

Saaamon:

many McDonalds wages truckers would! Even STOBRATS out of Trafford park! :open_mouth: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’ve got two reason why i wouldnt, firstly its disrepectful regardless of my views, secondly and i know its not the 70’s but i wouldnt want to run the risk of getting my head kicked in down the pub that night.

Whats the strike all about? Is it about all them tesco drivers?

did they promise you an acting part in the next television series ■■?

you might even get over the pond if your a good boy!!

legin66:
did they promise you an acting part in the next television series ■■?

you might even get over the pond if your a good boy!!

lol

This just highlites what this country is all about…theres allways someone ready to jump in your boots…before they even get cold !

Agree or disagree with the strike by all means (and I suspect the majority crossing the picket line don’t even have a clue what the strike is about) but ffs fellas these folk on the picket line are taking part in legitimate industrial action against Victorian type mill owning robber barons and greedy share holders.

I would say that it’s the thin end of the wedge but sadly it isn’t, most of us here are the victims of laughable wages only made palatable by the huge amount of hours we do to put food on the table. So yes, these Tesco drivers had good wages and good T’ & C’s but they didn’t get given them, they’ve been fought for for years by workers who knew their worth to the company and simply demanded fair recompense for a fair days work.

Don’t let the politics of envy blind you to the fact that it could be you next…

shytalk:
This just highlites what this country is all about…theres allways someone ready to jump in your boots…before they even get cold !

it’s an employers market at the minute as there are far more experianced drivers looking for work than there is jobs

the maoster:
Agree or disagree with the strike by all means (and I suspect the majority crossing the picket line don’t even have a clue what the strike is about) but ffs fellas these folk on the picket line are taking part in legitimate industrial action against Victorian type mill owning robber barons and greedy share holders.

I would say that it’s the thin end of the wedge but sadly it isn’t, most of us here are the victims of laughable wages only made palatable by the huge amount of hours we do to put food on the table. So yes, these Tesco drivers had good wages and good T’ & C’s but they didn’t get given them, they’ve been fought for for years by workers who knew their worth to the company and simply demanded fair recompense for a fair days work.

yeah they fought for what they thought they were worth but they have maybe priced themselves out of a job at the same time?

scotstrucker:

shytalk:

it’s an employers market at the minute as there are far more experianced drivers looking for work than there is jobs

Actually i dont agree with you, there are quite a few drivers out there, but i wouldnt say theres many good ones, just because a driver is experienced decent mean there any good at the job, how can a company work with a driver that just moans all the time and wont do this and wont do that?..

scotstrucker:
yeah they fought for what they thought they were worth but they have maybe priced themselves out of a job at the same time?

I agree with that.

madmanjay:
would just like to say i have enjoyed the last 2 days running trailers out of tesco doncaster getting called a [zb] and they clap every time you drive in remember this i may be a [zb] but this [zb] has a job and thanks for the hand clapping i know my driving is good lol

Shame on you, I’m not a trade unionist but why come on here & gloat,could be your turn next!(or it is a wind up post?).

scotstrucker:

the maoster:

I understand what you’re getting at re pricing themselves out of a job, but by who’s standards? We hear daily about how many millions these supermarkets make in profit, but where does the money go? I realise that some goes to store renovation and upgrading but the rest goes to the shareholders.

Yes, they have a right to a return on their investment, but at what cost? When is enough money enough?

the maoster:

scotstrucker:

the maoster:

I understand what you’re getting at re pricing themselves out of a job, but by who’s standards? We hear daily about how many millions these supermarkets make in profit, but where does the money go? I realise that some goes to store renovation and upgrading but the rest goes to the shareholders.

Yes, they have a right to a return on their investment, but at what cost? When is enough money enough?

A comapny cant just make a loss on your job but subsidise it with money from a different sector of the business.

Saaamon:

scotstrucker:

shytalk:

Actually i dont agree with you, there are quite a few drivers out there, but i wouldnt say theres many good ones, just because a driver is experienced decent mean there any good at the job, how can a company work with a driver that just moans all the time and wont do this and wont do that?..

thats very true aswell

jimmy hofer will be turning in his grave or concrete post holding up a fly over on a free way where ever it may be :smiley:

SCAB!!!

If you look on the jobcentre plus web site, you will find hundreds of jobs all with
“Meets national minimum wage” and if you do a bit of digging the t&c’s are draconian to say the least.

You then look on this forum and find a so called professional driver, berating the Doncaster drivers for having the back bone to fight to keep a descent living.
I hope you feel ashamed of your self, also the ones who are in broad agreement with his post.

The fact that in some areas jobs are more scarce than others does not mean drivers should be forced in to badly paid jobs, if we all support the Doncaster drivers, and take on some of their principles, then maybe we might in the future recruit new drivers to the industry, and retain the old ones.

Next time you apply for a job only to find that the money and terms are crap, just think on.

Some things never change, those lovely old Shire horses wore blinkers, it appears some of the newer steering wheel attendants still sport them.

I wonder what the OP will think when he’s on the gate in a few years when his gaffer decides that he only needs to pay basic minimum wage and rewrites the existing contract.

The race to the bottom, and the winner will be the OP and others who can’t see past their own noses.