Stobart units pulling Hermes trailers

Seen this a couple of times on the M6 Warrington way. Is this stobarts latest business venture??

they’ve been doing it some time, there’s one every night goes to Plymouth along with other OD’s

That’s the work we were told a year ago we would be doing + other stuff, never seen a Hermes tri in yard yet

Been doing it since september.Could also tell you how much it is worth a year to them but better not post on here someone will be watching.

Hermes main depots are at Warrington, Tamworth and Nuneaton. The long haul trunking from those hubs seems to be subbed out to Stobart.

Thought that Mark Thompson did most of the night trunking for Hermes

Could have something to do with this then…

Sgtpwl:

Could have something to do with this then…

I know it’s not an excuse and it’s still bad driving, but, if that’s a trailer park then they are asking for trouble there. The trailer wheel isn’t even back to the curb and the back of the trailer has knocked the fence over. I bet a fair few drivers will just go back there without even looking and wait to feel the curb stop them.

Must pay well as hermes can afford to pay their own driver about £13 an hour. Also noticed that the Trafford park units run from burtonwood (warrington) to the Stobart Carlisle depot sometimes.

I’v recently seen a Stobart biomass/energy unit pulling a Fowler Welch fridge

I passed stobart unit hermes trailer on m6 the other night on m6 , i had to look twice lol . I hope it wasnt next day stuff as i passed him doing 54 ? (Driver never even flashed me back in …■■■■■ :slight_smile: ). Usually hermes pass me as if im standing still .

Pimpdaddy:

They’ve pulled our trailers too.

Radar19:

Which ones are those?

Pimpdaddy:

Radar19:

Which ones are those?

Tesco’s :slight_smile:

I do hope that company is going down quicker than a vindaloo .

Victa1:
Tesco’s :slight_smile:

Lol[emoji23]

Victa1:
I do hope that company is going down quicker than a vindaloo .

IMO I very much doubt that will ever happen. Eddie Stobart are part of a strong brand & the nature of their business can adapt to the prevailing market well. For example when they had their 1st flat Christmas with tesco they were able to get work from Amazon & other courier companies so it’s no surprise that they’re now doing work for Hermes.

Sorry i meant tesco , i dont mean any zb on any haulage company .

Pimpdaddy:

I’ve seen them with Waitrose trailers :open_mouth:

Victa1:
Sorry i meant tesco , i dont mean any zb on any haulage company .

tesco is a zb company, they are zb at hauling their own zb too lol

Does it really matter if esl are pulling there trailers it obviously pays hope they don’t get the bigger runs at under 54 they won’t get back

Victa1:
I passed stobart unit hermes trailer on m6 the other night on m6 , i had to look twice lol . I hope it wasnt next day stuff as i passed him doing 54 ? (Driver never even flashed me back in …■■■■■ :slight_smile: ). Usually hermes pass me as if im standing still .

This.