Stobart truck stop

Just pulled in to rugby truck stop for the night to find that stobart now owns it ■■? Since when ■■ One good thing though I can buy stobart chocolate and get a back to school pen and ruler set !!!

Give me strength is there no end to their crap

+You be kept awake all night by constant vehicle movements and trailer swaps.
You paid how much? For this pleasure?

You need some fast eddie writing paper so you can use both paper and pen write them a strongly worded letter, well unless you wish to give the drivers some fan mail lol

Jack-knife:

ll my boss paid £ 20 with £5 meal voucher lol and they have shut the bar !!!

4aaaa4dd:

Jack-knife:

ll my boss paid £ 20 with £5 meal voucher lol and they have shut the bar !!!

What a set of ■■■■■! :imp:

Who?
Stobarts? or Mallinsons?
:laughing:

Jack-knife:
Who?
Stobarts? or Mallinsons?

Stobarts for shutting the bar. Can’t drivers have a couple of pints now after a long day behind the wheel?

They would most probs have a dress code of green shirts only

I’m sure you be able to find a few pallets of cans if you look hard enough :wink:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Jack-knife:
Who?
Stobarts? or Mallinsons?

Stobarts for shutting the bar. Can’t drivers have a couple of pints now after a long day behind the wheel?

It’s probably part of the Stobart induction/brainwash process, You must not have a pint after you park up as we must keep up our (b/s) image of being “The Elite” :unamused:
Boycott the ■■■■ hole and use the Red Lion down the M1, I know I will be :imp: …Yeh I know they will be devastated before any body starts :smiley:

wonder if they will be shutting the bar up at Carlisle Truckstop as well??

The bar was open last week. Had a pint or two myself. No one said it was closing. May be being refurbished as at least Stobarts seem to be investing some long overdue money in the place. The surprising thing is not many of their drivers use the bar and I have been told they have to pay to park if they are not from the depot or changing trailers! A member of the truck stop staff told me this.

I’ll second what Robroy said… use the Red Lion down the M1. Far better food, they park you depending on the time you’re starting the next day so you’re not disturbed at silly o’clock and there’s a nice bit of crumpet that works there!

had very happy memories in that bar at rugby and alconbury sad days that was 10 years ago when i was tramping

I heard they were converting the bar into a Mormon chapel and building a helicopter pad :smiling_imp:

I use Rugby truckstop and have not seen or heard any trailer swaps or shunting and noise at night there.
Stobbies have a large depot next door and Stooby trucks use the truck stop.

Wheel Nut:
I heard they were converting the bar into a Mormon chapel and building a helicopter pad :smiling_imp:

Actually , the Stobart family are Methodists. :unamused:
Maybe that explains the Bar`s closure. :cry:

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

mikeshe:
I’ll second what Robroy said… use the Red Lion down the M1. Far better food, they park you depending on the time you’re starting the next day so you’re not disturbed at silly o’clock and there’s a nice bit of crumpet that works there!

Agreed, especially with the last bit :grimacing:

I’m getting pangs of nostalgia for “George’s’” and the evening entertainment in the bar :wink: :wink: :wink: