Stobart truck stop

waynedl:

mikeshe:
I’ll second what Robroy said… use the Red Lion down the M1. Far better food, they park you depending on the time you’re starting the next day so you’re not disturbed at silly o’clock and there’s a nice bit of crumpet that works there!

Agreed, especially with the last bit :grimacing:

As long as you don’t mind sleeping on your head if you are on the back row up the mountainside. I used to use it many years ago when it was still a proper pub, but only stopped for a break over the last few years.

Just to clarify its prob closed due to being refurbished, there is no trailer swops allowed and shunter is banned between dark, and no you don’t pay if from another depot as it goes on account. So unless things have changed quite recently old wives tales are ripe haha!!

Last time there you could have a choice of about six Indian meals or curries.You can inly have a tinned beer with the meal and not allowed to take tins out of the cafe.
You get big portions of other meal choices.
The shop has lots of truck cab kit.
The breakfast was good.
With a busy main road, it is quiet.

cattle wagon man:

Wheel Nut:
I heard they were converting the bar into a Mormon chapel and building a helicopter pad :smiling_imp:

Actually , the Stobart family are Methodists. :unamused:
Maybe that explains the Bar`s closure. :cry:

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Whoosh!

cattle wagon man:

Wheel Nut:
I heard they were converting the bar into a Mormon chapel and building a helicopter pad :smiling_imp:

Actually , the Stobart family are Methodists. :unamused:
Maybe that explains the Bar`s closure. :cry:

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Are you sure? About 20 years ago Eddie Stobart was holding a breakfast talk in the Bear hotel in Hungerford, always kicked myself that I never went but I remember a religious link but I don’t think it was Methodist.

You are all wrong they have undercut the C of E and started up the C of S, Spotters are now known as disciples, Tinkler is to be their Bishop, they have organised a “bash” for his ordainment, and all the fans/followers who attend will be referred to as bishop-bashers.

Sorry false alarm bar is still open ? I just went too early lol…

Hope you had your green and black country and western out fit on and spoke with a dodgy east european accent.Every body in there makes a pint last all night.Should be call heimi stobart-cohen the wages they pay.
Leave your ■■■■■■■■ at the door gentile.

4aaaa4dd:
Sorry false alarm bar is still open ? I just went too early lol…

Four Bloody Hail Mary’s for you, mines a pint :wink:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381343921.528016.jpg

I thought they’d started using roundabouts as truck stops

Retired Old ■■■■:
I’m getting pangs of nostalgia for “George’s’” and the evening entertainment in the bar :wink: :wink: :wink:

Bldy hl - there can’t be many of us left!

Steve

dpt2011:

Probly the knob who I saw letting it go & I do mean totally letting it go on the hills down to Southampton with a, “you’re not getting in front of me, no matter what attitude.” I clicked off & let him get on with it.

One steer blowout with a full shoot of chip on at 70mph & you could well be toast along with the poor bugger who may be beside you. Was surprised he let it go s o much as you’d think they were monitored for that kind of thing. I know they only have 420’s or whatever & you could do with keeping it lit for the up stroke but really…

I must be getting older, it’s amazing the amount of lads that won’t take a click off to smooth the flow as if their life depended on it.

xxicelandicxx:
Just to clarify its prob closed due to being refurbished, there is no trailer swops allowed and shunter is banned between dark, and no you don’t pay if from another depot as it goes on account. So unless things have changed quite recently old wives tales are ripe haha!!

Interesting, 2 conflicting stories. Who be right? I’d be amazed if they let other trucks in to their trailer park with stock on their trailers.

I’d park there if needed, I’ve got nothing against Stobarts. Would ■■■■ me off if they were hitching up at night though.

You’ve got PJM just down the 45 as a choice as well.

There is no trailer swapping at Rugby at night.

iv`e stayed a few times recently.

I would say the food is slightly better and the parking area is better laid out.apart from that nothing much has changed.

its not one of my favourites...but its far from the worst iv`e stayed at

Silver_Surfer:

dpt2011:

Probly the knob who I saw letting it go & I do mean totally letting it go on the hills down to Southampton with a, “you’re not getting in front of me, no matter what attitude.” I clicked off & let him get on with it.

One steer blowout with a full shoot of chip on at 70mph & you could well be toast along with the poor bugger who may be beside you. Was surprised he let it go s o much as you’d think they were monitored for that kind of thing. I know they only have 420’s or whatever & you could do with keeping it lit for the up stroke but really…

I must be getting older, it’s amazing the amount of lads that won’t take a click off to smooth the flow as if their life depended on it.

but a blow out on the steer at 56 will be fine and controllable?

Well, no, but you’d be better off having one at 56/60 than at 70+, physics mate innit. :unamused:

Ok I’ll only do 25 downhill just in case

when they get permission to remove all them aeriel masts from the surrounding site at Rugby, they will be able to start building a new runway and terminal buildings,

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Jack-knife:
Who?
Stobarts? or Mallinsons?
:laughing:

Stobarts for shutting the bar. Can’t drivers have a couple of pints now after a long day behind the wheel?

Oh dear bar shut no jukebox only one tune it was Eddie Stobart christmas song