Stobart truck names

SHYTOT:
Here at Hough & Ward Transport in Wakefield we name our trucks after motor sport champions ie Schumacher, Senna, Mansell and so on and we had a six page spread in Truck & Driver a number of years ago.

I’ve seen ‘Lewis Hamilton’ floating around Wakefield. Noticed you do low loader/heavy haulage work not just general haulage. Heard good things about your company

They had Paris Hilton a friend use to drive her

put Paris Hilton to one side. Drive something worth driving

Legend_Scania:
They had Paris Hilton a friend use to drive her

I hear she’s got a leaky gusset, probably explains the lack of a rocker cover on her :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

switchlogic:
Is it just me or does anyone else think Stobart need to give up on the daft idea of naming the trucks? I have always thought it a bit daft but now being the company they are and the sheer size of them the names appearing on them seem to be totally made up, Nyah Bethany anyone? Does anybody know a Nyah?!

This isn’t an Eddie bashing post by the way, have never worked for them and have friends that do who have nothing but good things to say.

Yeah, god forbid they might name their trucks, Holly or even something as crazy as Michelle… :smiley: :smiley:

switchlogic:
Is it just me or does anyone else think Stobart need to give up on the daft idea of naming the trucks? I have always thought it a bit daft but now being the company they are and the sheer size of them the names appearing on them seem to be totally made up, Nyah Bethany anyone? Does anybody know a Nyah?!

This isn’t an Eddie bashing post by the way, have never worked for them and have friends that do who have nothing but good things to say.

Hi luke. What about lady Michelle, Bruce and the others ? :smiley: onward :wink: !!!
Ignore me. Miss read your post :wink:

hitch:
i am in favour
but Stobbies names have really entered the land of fantasy

I was driving Mikasa Gwendoline the other day. Whoever that is :confused:

I get asked this all the time. What’s your trucks name this week. Can you get me Mark’s/Fiona’s autograph :confused:

hitch:
i am in favour
but Stobbies names have really entered the land of fantasy

by the way its on Page 67 E5 in the AA truckers atlas

still cant find Jeopardy
supossedly lots of jobs there

Last time I went for an assessment they didn’t want me as I took 3 shunts to get onto a bay…

Has anybody seen the one called ‘Carmen Eileen’?

Where’s that based as I think I had that the other day at goole

Desperate:
‘…Has anybody seen the one called ‘Carmen Eileen’…?’

The Dexy’s :question:

:wink:

Happy Keith:

Desperate:
‘…Has anybody seen the one called ‘Carmen Eileen’…?’

The Dexy’s :question:

:wink:

Apparently, it’s on the midnight run… :unamused:

Should start naming them after other things now, like film stars or bands, or musicians. ■■■■ Stars would be a good one, can you imagine how good it would be having to get into Heather Brook or Jenna Jameson everyday■■? :smiley: :wink: :open_mouth:

People name the trucks, I think their is currently a waiting list to do this.

Or Ron Jeremy!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bugcos:
Should start naming them after other things now, like film stars or bands, or musicians. ■■■■ Stars would be a good one, can you imagine how good it would be having to get into Heather Brook or Jenna Jameson everyday■■? :smiley: :wink: :open_mouth:

They couldn’t name the trucks after ■■■■ stars. The risk of them rear-ending each other is too great. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bugcos:

You get my vote :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
People actually PAY to have a truck named!! I can think of better things to spend my cash on :unamused:

If I could name a Stobart wagon, it would have to be Jenny Taylior…I’d happily pay for that :wink:

On my one and only day there my first job was to show a woman and her 2 kids age 3 and 5 my truck even before i done my checks. I pointed itto her and got in and locked my door. She then asked the manager could she walk around the yard as the kids wanted to write all the trucks names down.
That was bad enough but my girlfriend rang and asked the name of the truck she got told to ■■■■ off. :laughing:
P.S. its was Edena.