Stobart sell another division of the empire

Wheel Nut:

MR VAIN:
I may be completely thick here, but how come Stobarts can buy up as many companies as they please? BAA weren’t allowed to take on another airport because they’d have the monopoly. Is it a percentage thing?

Remember Robert Maxwell. Twinkle and Whimsy allegedly bought Carlisle Airport for a couple of Million and then sold it back to “themselves” for about £12m.

Apparently that is frowned upon in polite company :wink:

I wonder which one will end up feeding the fish when the wheels do finally come off.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … z2JpvxL3s7

An embittered Peter Elliot is a bit like a woman scorned at the moment, so not too sure what to believe.

Oh what a twisted web WA weave
when WA practices to deceive :stuck_out_tongue:

No doubt about it,the “Chuckle Bros” tucked their own shareholders up well and truly with their “cough,cough” internal property dealings!Their “tame” chairman Baker Bates no doubt rendered valuable assistance in the “Chuckles” endeavours,however they have finally been “sussed” by their main shareholder who has had the “biggest shafting” via their 34% shareholding.No wonder they have imposed this Avril bird on the “boys”,I would hazzard a guess that the “fast eddie” boardroom will be a very uncomfortable place at the moment! I hope that Tink can account for all the paper clips he has used recently!!Oh! please Avril,can I go for a ■■■■? Cheers Bewick.

One guy wrote two words about this company on here in another thread that summed the whole thing up in a nutshell …

Those Two Words?

Ignorance & Arrogance

MR VAIN:
I may be completely thick here, but how come Stobarts can buy up as many companies as they please? BAA weren’t allowed to take on another airport because they’d have the monopoly. Is it a percentage thing?

I wouldnt worry about these, Stobarts are smallfry compared to the like of ND, K+N, Schenker, DHL etc, those folk buy up companies and contracts and no one seems to mind.

That daily mail article about the sale of Carlisle airport makes interesting reading. Sounds like the will’s & tink are running Stobbies to line their own pockets…

& fair play to them, I’d do exactly the same.