Stobart sell another division of the empire

some drive just blame Stobart group -why Stobart close this,why ,why do this.Why you not blame another company.they as well closed some operation.some company pay for drivers less money ,what pay Stobart.

IMHO the ludicrous waiting time at various suppliers and deliveries is what was breaking the back of chilled, it was very very common to do less than 5hrs driving on a 13 or even 15 shift. This combined with the empty running sealed its fate IMHO.

Allowing the Big T to keep the wheels from turning for 3hrs or more is criminal in itself, allowing them to do it time after time is insane.

I suspect that some of the big grocer type companies use their ‘chilled logistics provider’ as unpaid overspill cold stores.

If the big grocer types were charged £50 an hour demurage after the first hour of waiting (which would be more than fair given the cost in driver’s wages, running the fridge and the wasted asset parked up) they’d soon become more efficient.

Phantom Mark:
IMHO the ludicrous waiting time at various suppliers and deliveries is what was breaking the back of chilled, it was very very common to do less than 5hrs driving on a 13 or even 15 shift. This combined with the empty running sealed its fate IMHO.

Allowing the Big T to keep the wheels from turning for 3hrs or more is criminal in itself, allowing them to do it time after time is insane.

Like the 3 hrs I spent in Iceland Swindon yesterday to tip 9 pallets!

DonutUK:

Phantom Mark:

Like the 3 hrs I spent in Iceland Swindon yesterday to tip 9 pallets!

That’s pretty quick for them.

GasGas:
I suspect that some of the big grocer type companies use their ‘chilled logistics provider’ as unpaid overspill cold stores.

If the big grocer types were charged £50 an hour demurage after the first hour of waiting (which would be more than fair given the cost in driver’s wages, running the fridge and the wasted asset parked up) they’d soon become more efficient.

That isn’t a suspicion, that is a fact, I know that some places even tip the load and fill it again with other stock for storage.

Iceland Swindon is always a PITA lol

They do get charged demurrage after 2 hrs waiting, they don’t keep you waiting for the laugh but the bottom line is they can afford the demurrage and view it is as an occupational hazard to pay, not much good to the hauliers planning though.

They should charge more then, simples :slight_smile:

Truckulent:
Is this the end for Stobarts as we know them?

Will the Stobbie Empire crumble and fall, or will they rise up and get to make another series of Trucks and Trailers? :slight_smile:

was you ment to say F ck ups and Failure’s :grimacing:

NewLad:

stu_mk:
don`t like to stobart bash but are they in trouble? first chilled division now car transport they only recentley purchased
motortransport.co.uk/blog/2013/0 … gon-group/

My personal opinion and I have no evidence to prove this is that yes they are in trouble and are liquidating assets to keep more profitable ventures going, why would you sell a company you only brought 5 month before?

or on the other hand they could just be selling off the bits of Autologic that they didn’t really want but were included in the package :question:

Further Reading :

handyshippingguide.com/shipp … esses_4302

Denis F:

NewLad:

stu_mk:
don`t like to stobart bash but are they in trouble? first chilled division now car transport they only recentley purchased
motortransport.co.uk/blog/2013/0 … gon-group/

My personal opinion and I have no evidence to prove this is that yes they are in trouble and are liquidating assets to keep more profitable ventures going, why would you sell a company you only brought 5 month before?

or on the other hand they could just be selling off the bits of Autologic that they didn’t really want but were included in the package :question:

That is exactly what happened.

Does it realy matter cus if they finished then stuff would still need moving and redundant drivers will still get jobs from others doing work. win win for drivers really

I knew Edward well, worked for him for a long time, he would be disgusted if he could see how his once great company is being managed.

McWilliam:
I knew Edward well, worked for him for a long time, he would be disgusted if he could see how his once great company is being managed.

Thats quality, i hope your on a wind up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . The king of the under cutters, and the Alcoholic nearly bankrupt himself through overstuffing folk.

Stobarts are in a bind, if you go by the markets. That I agree. But they are in a far better shape then what he left them when he was saved from bankruptcy.

Rot in piece is my opinion. Although I am a fully fledged believer of Darwinism. The new cabotage laws should finish them off in a couple of years.

I may be completely thick here, but how come Stobarts can buy up as many companies as they please? BAA weren’t allowed to take on another airport because they’d have the monopoly. Is it a percentage thing?

edwardj:

ajt:
Credit it to them, they know when not to flog a dead horse.

Im sure Tescos would buy one of those of them though :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Budapest under siege, 1944: starving civilians are carving and sharing a dead horse. :open_mouth:
Budapest1945.jpg

MR VAIN:
I may be completely thick here, but how come Stobarts can buy up as many companies as they please? BAA weren’t allowed to take on another airport because they’d have the monopoly. Is it a percentage thing?

I would assume so
If BAA own all the airports hey can efecivly charge what they want and set the rates.
As big as they are Stobarts aren’ the biggest in the industry.
The bits they are buying up like car transporters, small airports etc don’t even make a dent in the wider industries involved.

They were banking on Southend making a dent into Olympic visitors arriving there instead of London.
Interseting to see how it works out in a normal year.

Bewick:
I’ve just read the latest Press release that a Female called Avril has been appointed as Excecutive Chairperson,she is the former boss of Autologic,they’ve also got shot of a bloke from Premier Foods who was a non-excec director(did fast eddie work for Premier Foods?) Apparently she’s been forced on the Chuckle brothers by Stobbies largest investor/shareholder,Investech, who have circa a 34% holding.She has the task of shedding all the “non performing” parts of the group.So it sounds like the “proverbial” has hit the fan and as this Lady has only been there for 5 months it dosen’t say much for the “Chuckles” management skills,the way things are looking Tink may well be back at Appleby Fair this year selling clothes pegs and lucky heather! :blush: :blush: :unamused:

When I reported that Avril Palmer-Baunack had shown the Chilled Division Manager, Dale Foster the gate after a reported £15 million pound loss reportedly on a golden handshake of a years salary to spare any further embarrassment for both parties!
My post was taken off here although it had nearly another 500 views when you couldn’t reply, come on lads you know it’s the truth although again to spare any embarrassment it won’t be reported anywhere but I can assure everyone there’s no company car outside his house!!!

MR VAIN:

Remember Robert Maxwell. Twinkle and Whimsy allegedly bought Carlisle Airport for a couple of Million and then sold it back to “themselves” for about £12m.

Apparently that is frowned upon in polite company :wink:

I wonder which one will end up feeding the fish when the wheels do finally come off.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … z2JpvxL3s7

An embittered Peter Elliot is a bit like a woman scorned at the moment, so not too sure what to believe.

Oh what a twisted web WA weave
when WA practices to deceive :stuck_out_tongue: