Stobart recruitment process

Anyone who works/worked for UK’s finest? I did an assessment/interview with them earlier this week, they were supposed to call me by the end of the week; I did pass the assessment but the assessor recommended at least 2 days with another driver because of my non existent reversing skills. Do Stobart usually tell you at the end of the interview if you’re in or not or do they actually call you later? I have a funny feeling someone else showed up and did better so they picked them (the assessor mentioned he’d had 5 candidates that same day when I went there) + the interviewer said they have a few more interviews scheduled for more people hence why they’d call me at the end of the week (or so I thought).

I was really looking forward to this £9 per hour job :blush: but got beat by competition, it seems :laughing:

£9 an hour■■?

£9 an hour for class 1? Someone at the Green Death is seriously taking the ■■■■.

Roymondo:
£9 an hour for class 1? Someone at the Green Death is seriously taking the ■■■■.

Oh come on. This is old now. It is common knowledge that Stobrats pay just a ove minimum wage per hour, and bulk it up with the tax-free meal allowance. Saves them on tax and insurance, and also keeps the drivers holiday pay down.

Stobratski are ■■■■.

Supatramp:
£9 an hour■■?

So really you need to tramp and max out at 60 hours to make it pay. Screw that

ETS:

Supatramp:
£9 an hour■■?

Stobart pay.jpg

Imagine how fine working at Stobbies would be if they just paid this “Equivalent to £12.83ph” rate rather than all this poncing about trying to diddle the taxman…

Either way though - you still ain’t being paid for all the hours you’re in charge of your vehicle - are you?

Trucking sideways:
So really you need to tramp and max out at 60 hours to make it pay. Screw that

To be fair fair, maxing out, would be 69 hours, so an extra 9×£9.97= £89.73-18%= £73.58.

ETS:
Anyone who works/worked for UK’s finest? I did an assessment/interview with them earlier this week, they were supposed to call me by the end of the week; I did pass the assessment but the assessor recommended at least 2 days with another driver because of my non existent reversing skills. Do Stobart usually tell you at the end of the interview if you’re in or not or do they actually call you later? I have a funny feeling someone else showed up and did better so they picked them (the assessor mentioned he’d had 5 candidates that same day when I went there) + the interviewer said they have a few more interviews scheduled for more people hence why they’d call me at the end of the week (or so I thought).

I was really looking forward to this £9 per hour job :blush: but got beat by competition, it seems :laughing:

You must have really ■■■■■■ up they would take a nobody as long as you have the papers
Maybe it’s because you never hit a bridge

Can’t be sure,but I think they rang me at the end of the week,with a start date.

London weighting/London bonus■■?

I’m almost inclined to go for an interview/assessment just for the perverse pleasure of saying “Nine quid an hour? Stuff that!” at the end of it.

Roymondo:
I’m almost inclined to go for an interview/assessment just for the perverse pleasure of saying “Nine quid an hour? Stuff that!” at the end of it.

If you make it all the way through the assessments exaggerated walk around checks pretending to check stuff and cult like indoctrination without either ■■■■■■■ yourself or telling the trainer bod to take a hike, thereby giving the game away, i’ll be seriously impressed :sunglasses:

Surely no one in their right mind is driving class 1 for £9 per hour on a day rate :open_mouth:

nomiS36:

It’s an increased wage for working in/around London supposedly to reflect higher living costs…

I’m not sure £25 extra per week would cover that though…

steelgoon:
Surely no one in their right mind is driving class 1 for £9 per hour on a day rate :open_mouth:

To be fair, they don’t really pay £9 per hour. See the worked examples above. By paying the tax-free meal every shift, the take-home figure is equivalent to being paid £11.50 or so per hour.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

toonsy:

nomiS36:

It’s an increased wage for working in/around London supposedly to reflect higher living costs…

I’m not sure £25 extra per week would cover that though…

Yeah but surely that’s a glaring spelling error no?

steelgoon:

I’m sure Turners of Soham pay less than that.

In fact I think Turners actual hourly rate is less than minimum wage bumped up with a productivity bonus and £5 dinner money.

Either way it makes Stobarts look generous.

steelgoon:

Outside of the London area, £9/hr for class 1 weekday day work on PAYE direct with the haulier is pretty much the norm. People on higher rates than that are typically on a flat rate and expected to do 15 hours and/or are on a rota system that includes working weekend days for the same rate, and/or required to start at 2 in the morning.