Stobart ports

neilp1982:
Bear in mind your money goes down on when you have holidays, you don’t get paid your night out money, meal allowance etc, you get paid your flat rate £8.50 per hour or whatever it is now.

I worked for Stobbies early 90’s (1990-1996 to be exact). I always got paid night out money. 15 pound a night, if i remember correctly.

Geoffo:

neilp1982:
Bear in mind your money goes down on when you have holidays, you don’t get paid your night out money, meal allowance etc, you get paid your flat rate £8.50 per hour or whatever it is now.

I worked for Stobbies early 90’s (1990-1996 to be exact). I always got paid night out money. 15 pound a night, if i remember correctly.

What even when you were on holiday?..Wich is what he was saying…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:

sinclair89:

the maoster:

neilp1982:

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t that changed by law recently? We get a rate per day which is worked out as an average daily wage for x number of weeks prior to the holiday.

The extras added on (£15 a day meal voucher, fuel bonus blah blah, ah) aren’t considered a wage. They are extras to make the wage look better, when in fact it’s as low as £7- £8 quid

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Yes, .they’ll average your ‘wages’ , not your additions.

Maybe I work for a better Co in that case as I get an average of my top line, expenses et al. Not bad if I do a six day week with 5 nights out they then divide the top line by 5 and that becomes my daily holiday rate.

the maoster:

the nodding donkey:

sinclair89:

the maoster:

neilp1982:

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t that changed by law recently? We get a rate per day which is worked out as an average daily wage for x number of weeks prior to the holiday.

The extras added on (£15 a day meal voucher, fuel bonus blah blah, ah) aren’t considered a wage. They are extras to make the wage look better, when in fact it’s as low as £7- £8 quid

Maybe I work for a better Co in that case as I get an average of my top line, expenses et al. Not bad if I do a six day week with 5 nights out they then divide the top line by 5 and that becomes my daily holiday rate.

It’s stobarts we are on about, 99% of companies are better than them.

If I take a weeks holiday, I won’t get night out money for it, but I’m contracted to 50 hours per week, so I get that minimum, if I’ve averaged more,then I get more.

daftvader:

Geoffo:

neilp1982:

What even when you were on holiday?..Wich is what he was saying…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My bad. Just reread it.

Correct regarding additions. Not paid when you are on hols. Also, 30 mins break is deducted per day.

When I worked there, I averaged out all the hours I did including slightly higher rate after 6pm, and after hols and break deductions, the average hourly rate worked out at around £9.50ish an hour.

And regarding holidays, you have to use a days holiday entitlement for Xmas day…even though the company is CLOSED!!

My last p60 , which was the majority of the year day tramping shows £28,017 , that what you need too look at not hourly rate , hol pay , allowances etc , I was :open_mouth: at that as I’d seen the £40,000 quoted on here many a time fir tramping there , I never went under £30,000 on days , that said I did do o/t every other week a fair bit . I never chased the hours tramping though, just did what I did though it was most of the time up around max hours , and if I could go home for night I would .

the nodding donkey:

sinclair89:

the maoster:

neilp1982:

The law changed in November 14. All overtime, bonuses and allowances have to be taken into account. The only thing they can’t count towards an average is expenses and discretionary payments, i.e. when the boss gives you £20 for dropping a trailer somewhere etc. If your company is giving you a dry shafting, contact acas

eagerbeaver:
Correct regarding additions. Not paid when you are on hols. Also, 30 mins break is deducted per day.

When I worked there, I averaged out all the hours I did including slightly higher rate after 6pm, and after hols and break deductions, the average hourly rate worked out at around £9.50ish an hour.

And regarding holidays, you have to use a days holiday entitlement for Xmas day…even though the company is CLOSED!!

Hi mate did you work on stobart ports and really had to use a days holiday for xmas day[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I worked out of Appleton doing general mate, the pay is virtually the same bar a few pence.

And no, I didn’t use a day’s holiday for Xmas, I had the good sense to get sacked 2 weeks prior :grimacing:

(But they do take a days holiday off your entitlement for Xmas day!)

How many days holiday do you get mate cheers.

£8.35 p/h and £5 meal allowance per day,55 hours per week guaranteed.20 days holiday plus your bank holidays.I have never used a days holiday for Christmas and i have been there for 14 years.Easy work just got work long hours to get a living wage(just).

Thanks for reply mate thinking of applying spoke to some of the es drivers said its not very good but what driving job is.Working on Dhl contract been there 18 years but need to be this side of the bridge because of tolls.So you do about 55 hrs what your start times 5 to 6ish?Spoke to one driver said there were changes happening soon said he was ready to leave,can’t be that bad if you have been there 14 years. Not got a lot of experience of containers do you think that would be a problem thanks agian for reply.

£8.35 an hour for days, £9.24 for nights.
£5 a day meal allowance, paid weekly.
Long hours but really easy job. Not every depot but some you keep your own truck.

shippy95:
Long hours but really easy job. Not every depot but some you keep your own truck.

That is almost tempting…

shippy95:

I saw a picture here on Trucknet UK saying:

Eddie pays 8.52p/h for days and 9.40p/h for night. Also 15 Pound meal allowance per day with 28 days of holiday.

Is there a different pay structures in each Eddie depot■■?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

That’s the pay at Appleton mate. It looks like it’s slightly different on the Ports side :confused:

eagerbeaver:
That’s the pay at Appleton mate. It looks like it’s slightly different on the Ports side :confused:

Ok thanks :slight_smile:

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

gd1964:
£8.35 p/h and £5 meal allowance per day,55 hours per week guaranteed.20 days holiday plus your bank holidays.I have never used a days holiday for Christmas and i have been there for 14 years.Easy work just got work long hours to get a living wage(just).

Thanks for reply mate thinking of applying spoke to some of the es drivers said its not very good but what driving job is.Working on Dhl contract been there 18 years but need to be this side of the bridge because of tolls.So you do about 55 hrs what your start times 5 to 6ish?Spoke to one driver said there were changes happening soon said he was ready to leave,can’t be that bad if you have been there 14 years. Not got a lot of experience of containers do you think that would be a problem thanks agian for reply.
Bachey

Thinking of changing my career and getting into hgv driving can anybody advise on average wages conditions etc etc many thanks