Stobart ports

Hi my first post looking at doing container work stobart ports are taking on does anybody know hourly rate hours work and what work is like also jmd running out of Knowsley if anybody knows anything about them cheers.

Bachey:
Hi my first post looking at doing container work stobart ports are taking on does anybody know hourly rate hours work and what work is like also jmd running out of Knowsley if anybody knows anything about them cheers.

:unamused:

Bachey:

Stobarts - Went for an interview and a drive with the lot in Widnes about 2ish years ago. Drive went OK, interview went OK. I asked them what the wage was, gave me the big speech, he looked shocked when I said " I just want to know the,hourly rate" worked out around £7.40. I was earning £9 on class 2 working days, 45 hours week.

JMD - around about the same time as I was applying for stobarts, went to speak to JMD. Filled in the form , quick chat, old guy behind the desk said I didn’t have enough experience of class 1.

Second hand info of JMD - a colleague of mine had a friend working there, said he was maxing hours all the time but it was the easiest job in the world. Went to work for DHL on the B&M contract a few weeks later.

P.s DHL B&M are looking for drivers and I don’t think they are fussy on experience either

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

hi just to clear stuff up

im starting with stobarts a week on Monday

wages as follows

for a driver on tue-sat days 55 hours worked , including tax free benefits wage is equivalent to £10.98

monday- Friday days rate is £10.53
sun - thur days £11.39
nights mon-fri £11.68

tramper mon-fri is about £11.80

the wage is decent for the work load, and not as bad as what people make out

done driving assesment lasted 20 mins , normally don’t do a hook up but just a drive and they chap I had was nice guy laid back there not an instructor there an assessor to make sure your safe

then had face to face laid back run over what they offer and ask you couple of questions

So s23age, I’m not far wrong with my original statement of stobarts paying approx £7.40 two years ago, might have gone up now a bit, but all your added extras and what not , will they be on your wage packet when you take a week off?

Looking up on Indeed under the salaries section for stobarts, it claims they pay from £7.98 up to £12 for tankers.

If you are looking at somewhere to go get class 1 experience, then go right ahead as that’s exactly what I was going to go there for, but I couldn’t justify the rubbish wage for it.

hi yea in theory your correct

holiday pay is calculated at a 12 week average

All I’m saying lads is this, don’t be getting the wool pulled over your eyes, there is plenty information on here regarding stobarts pay. One with a photo on of the wage structure for 2016/17. Plenty information online as well.

There is a reason that they are always looking for drivers. Go get the experience for 12 months then high tail it out of there

But best of luck , catch you down the road

Excuse my ignorance but what’s
‘£10.98 inc tax free benefits’?
The ‘tax free benefits’ bit eludes me. Ta.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

sinclair89:
All I’m saying lads is this, don’t be getting the wool pulled over your eyes, there is plenty information on here regarding stobarts pay. One with a photo on of the wage structure for 2016/17. Plenty information online as well.

There is a reason that they are always looking for drivers. Go get the experience for 12 months then high tail it out of there

But best of luck , catch you down the road

Catch you down the road somebody’s been watching Steve Austin on Dave lol

tango boy:

[/quote]
And so must you [emoji23]

TheNewBoy:

tango boy:

And so must you [emoji23]
[/quote]
:blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sinclair89:

Bachey:

Stobarts - Went for an interview and a drive with the lot in Widnes about 2ish years ago. Drive went OK, interview went OK. I asked them what the wage was, gave me the big speech, he looked shocked when I said " I just want to know the,hourly rate" worked out around £7.40. I was earning £9 on class 2 working days, 45 hours week.

JMD - around about the same time as I was applying for stobarts, went to speak to JMD. Filled in the form , quick chat, old guy behind the desk said I didn’t have enough experience of class 1.

Second hand info of JMD - a colleague of mine had a friend working there, said he was maxing hours all the time but it was the easiest job in the world. Went to work for DHL on the B&M contract a few weeks later.

P.s DHL B&M are looking for drivers and I don’t think they are fussy on experience either

Cheers thnx for reply got the experience need to move because of bridge tolls.

Cheers lads thnx for replies

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stone cold was my hero as a kid!

Thanks for reply lads.

Bear in mind your money goes down on when you have holidays, you don’t get paid your night out money, meal allowance etc, you get paid your flat rate £8.50 per hour or whatever it is now.

neilp1982:
Bear in mind your money goes down on when you have holidays, you don’t get paid your night out money, meal allowance etc, you get paid your flat rate £8.50 per hour or whatever it is now.

Family run stuff seems to be better, our contracts states similar, holiday pay is the basic 8hrs that you get regardless. In reality for us the boss just averages your last couple of weeks and pays you that. Averages on your net!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

neilp1982:

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t that changed by law recently? We get a rate per day which is worked out as an average daily wage for x number of weeks prior to the holiday.

the maoster:

neilp1982:

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t that changed by law recently? We get a rate per day which is worked out as an average daily wage for x number of weeks prior to the holiday.

The extras added on (£15 a day meal voucher, fuel bonus blah blah, ah) aren’t considered a wage. They are extras to make the wage look better, when in fact it’s as low as £7- £8 quid

sinclair89:

the maoster:

neilp1982:

The extras added on (£15 a day meal voucher, fuel bonus blah blah, ah) aren’t considered a wage. They are extras to make the wage look better, when in fact it’s as low as £7- £8 quid

Yes, .they’ll average your ‘wages’ , not your additions.