Stobart owner drivers

comes into work tonight whilst waiting for a unit i notice this big flyer asking if any of us are interested in becoming a stobart owner driver they will give us a brand new truck tailers work service and mots an so an so on in return we need to tramp make sure the unit is manned ( think it means when your on a rest day ) take in to workshop when needed all this for 5k initial starting cost and for an extra cost they will sort out your accounts etc 5K STARTING PRICE WERE DO I SIGN UP WHAT A DEAL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Aslong as you wear their ■■■■ uniform, then go for it!

i suggest you make a business plan, costings and a profit forcast before you even think about signing any contract,just because you think its cheap to start up dont make it a sensible option.if they draft a contract it will be 99% to their advantage.they tell me you can make a living as a driver on stobbies personally i would want more than just a living by taking on all the extra hassel.this could also be a way of them cutting their base costs for a quiet time ahead and passing them on to you.Bear in mind no big PLC does favours for anyone and i"d bet you"d end up with less disposable income than the employed drivers

o i know pal sorry i taking the ■■■■ when i said were do u sign up me and a mate reakon u looking at more like 10k pluss just to get off the ground which works out u need to earn about 40 grand to take a wage home i could b wrong as i am not a maths man by any means but i do know im better off goin to work everyday getting a wage and letting someone have the resonsibility of running the place :smiley: i totally agree with what your saying though big firms dont do anything for nothing unless there is something in it for them in the long run
but nice advice though :wink:

yes I’ve seen this too. asked in office for more more detailed information and got a blank stare.

if u get more info let us know would b nice to c what the real deal is

cliffton 27:
if u get more info let us know would b nice to c what the real deal is

will do. i was lookinginto whether they will be doing it with chipliners.

ud prob earn your money on that but i think its gonna b general but if u are your own boss u should b able to choose i doubt it though

really can’t see jenkinson letting owner drivers in to be honest. no chance id touch general with the muppet planning

You would. Need at least £8100 in cash overdraft or credit cards and be or hire a cpc holder for your o licence before you start

do they put you through your cpc. or do you have to fund it.

jonboy

I’ve seen this topic before but nobody actually mentioned ESL.

If you think about all the night out money, parking fees, overtime and arguments about other people driving a trampers precious truck when they are off. Why wouldn’t ESL palm all this hassle off onto their drivers?

Apart from the odd one or two careful/crafty drivers who might make cash the majority of trampers will simply be paying ESL to keep their own jobs.

I hope my boss doesn’t read TNUK I wouldn’t like him to get any bad ideas like this.

Good luck if you try it…

W

Does it offer you a GAR :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Saw the same thread then? Haha

cliffton 27:
comes into work tonight whilst waiting for a unit i notice this big flyer asking if any of us are interested in becoming a stobart owner driver they will give us a brand new truck tailers work service and mots an so an so on in return we need to tramp make sure the unit is manned ( think it means when your on a rest day ) take in to workshop when needed all this for 5k initial starting cost and for an extra cost they will sort out your accounts etc 5K STARTING PRICE WERE DO I SIGN UP WHAT A DEAL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Will you photograph and put a picture up of the flyer, if you want to protect your identity, send it to me and I will host it, it could start a whole new thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Pmsl I had forgot all about that thread

cliffton 27:

Don’t let Baby1 aka GAR! hear you say that! He thinks the whole thing is a very good idea. :open_mouth: :unamused:

Wheel Nut:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Will they stand their own trucks & drivers to keep you maxed on your hours and battering the loads out 100% of the time if it goes quiet…?

Will they run you a shorter distance empty for a reload than their own trucks 100% of the time…?

Will your planner be a pro and keep you lit 100% of the time on the decent jobs…?

Even with these questions in the negative, you would probably earn more than one of their employed drivers but it’s so subjective & open to a lot of other factors that it’s doubtful you would earn significantly more in order to justify dropping £80k on a new Scania. I think you can opt for an ex fleet motor of theirs that’s 2-3 years old which would reduce the risk quite a lot.

Bottom line, for that investment I would need to be double shifting the bejeesus out of it 5-7 days per week.

Once you sign, there’s no getting out of the contract for 3-5 years either if it’s not you cup of tea I would have thought.

I am more interested in the legal side of it. So you stump up 5k and get a new lorry you don’t own, you cannot choose who to work for, or work for anyone else, and they are doing your MOT and services, and for an extra cost will do your accounts. (I bet they will :stuck_out_tongue:)

It was already muted about the Financial Standing, currently £8100 for the first vehicle. As from 4th December 2011 it is no longer possible to just have a credit card with sufficient bounce in it at the back of a drawer. There needs to be professional audited accounts with projections available.

The vehicle will need to be running 7 days a week, have you got enough money to pay a good trusted driver for the other shifts?

I can see many tears before bedtime.

The worst part though will be the choice of colour scheme, no wet dreams of a blinged up truck with hundreds of lights, they may let you choose the colour of your sleeping bag or duvet though!

On the plus side for Eddy, think how their bills for damaged trailers will be reduced, now the drivers will be paying him for all the slashed curtains and bent bumper bars.