Stobart in at Co Op Coventry Drivers set to strike [Merged]

dox:
Co-op drivers could take industrial action after Coventry staff transferred to Eddie Stobart - CoventryLive

Try this

coventrytelegraph.net/news/c … e-10804738

i see some subby work coming up lol :laughing: :laughing:

burnley-si:
i see some subby work coming up lol :laughing: :laughing:

At reduced rates of of course. the race to the bottom is on…

My regular job was tip Alferton/ cardinal, reload and trunk to lea green, Birtley ,Bridgwater etc , did it for years .
Nothing here that wasn’t done years ago, STOBARTS doing co-op dc/rdc trunking etc :unamused:

I’m not a union supporter by any means but I agree with this. I’d be ■■■■■■ off if someone suddenly told me I was now employed by Stobarts.
Co ops’ “ethical values” is nothing more than a PR gimmick. They don’t give a toss about their workforce, I know a few ex shop employees.

All will be good -Stike ,discussion.After Co-op pay for drivers10-15K and all will be happy,same Tesco Doncaster and to many another places .To many people simply can earn good money with redundance.Same when Coop moved from Nottingham to new place that to many people not go to work in new place with just 10 miles distance but prefer redundance money.

I agree with Mr N/Donkey,once Stobarts get it its a race to the bottom.Thumbs up for the lads considering action.But its a done deal.I’d never dress in green like a Christmas elf.plus I couldn’t afford to. Wife’s got bad spending habit,■■■■■

thenews.coop/101847/news/con … scussions/
No doubt they’ll do the same as they did at Doncaster (Tesco) if they do…

There is another post on this they are taking over Transport department at Co Op NDC in Coventry in April

Andrejs:
All will be good -Stike ,discussion.After Co-op pay for drivers10-15K and all will be happy,same Tesco Doncaster and to many another places .To many people simply can earn good money with redundance.Same when Coop moved from Nottingham to new place that to many people not go to work in new place with just 10 miles distance but prefer redundance money.

Redundancy is not an option that has been offered you either go over to Stobart or seek employment elsewhere

dox:

Andrejs:

Redundancy is not an option that has been offered you either go over to Stobart or seek employment elsewhere

Isn’t that illegal ?

Rog270:
I agree with Mr N/Donkey,once Stobarts get it its a race to the bottom.Thumbs up for the lads considering action.But its a done deal.I’d never dress in green like a Christmas elf.plus I couldn’t afford to. Wife’s got bad spending habit,■■■■■

I’m not sure if you think we eat at soup kitchens, buy our clothes at charity shops and wash them in the local stream and live in cardboard boxes :unamused: but we don’t
My mrs loves her new cars , tanning sessions ,hols abroad , London shopping / theatre w/ end breaks with her mates , etc etc , and we seem to be able to pay for this ok on top of my year old car , paid for detached house , football, pub , meals etc , etc .
I’m interested inknowing what this bad spending habit your mrs has :question: , thought my mrs had most things covered but obviously not.

What about the TUPE regulations?Stobart are to haulage what Slavecoach are to buses.

Zb tupe regulations, it’s going ahead no matter what. Anyway there’s a driver shortage out there isn’t there? They should be able to find another job in no time

dozy:

Rog270:

I’m not sure if you think we eat at soup kitchens, buy our clothes at charity shops and wash them in the local stream and live in cardboard boxes :unamused: but we don’t
My mrs loves her new cars , tanning sessions ,hols abroad , London shopping / theatre w/ end breaks with her mates , etc etc , and we seem to be able to pay for this ok on top of my year old car , paid for detached house , football, pub , meals etc , etc .
I’m interested inknowing what this bad spending habit your mrs has :question: , thought my mrs had most things covered but obviously not.

Yes you can earn a decent wage mate, but the point is how many hours are you having to put in to get that decent/living wage?
There are plenty of other jobs and careers where you only have to work a 37-40 hour week to get the same money.
Yes you may be able to afford to do the things you want, but do you get the time to do them and have the same quality of life?
I’d suggest not…

P.S. Not got a missus, so that’s probably 10k a year I’m saving! :grimacing: Plus I don’t have to kip on the sofa! :wink:

Union wont do anything for the drivers never have done never will do.They are full of promises but never deliver as they are in the coops pockets. Union are scared of the bully bosses. Birtley depot is full of bully bosses who think that they can do anything. So glad I got out.

Dozy you state you make a good wage etc. But you have a short memory coming on the boards saying you get no sleep, scared every mile that your load will fall off and planner trying to kill you into doing 21 hours a day. Your always stating your just waiting for an interview etc to get away from the green slavery machine.
Also remember one of your family posts that you spend more time at home sleeping on the couch that in the ‘big bed’ and that the job was killing your marriage.

dozy:

Thats an interesting statement coming from a man who put a post up last year about having to try and blag free chips because he didnt get paid till the next day

dozy:

Rog270:

Helpful post Dozy. It answers the question, that given all your previous posts about your employment seem to be negative, why the hell are you still there ? I think I now know why :wink:
Regards. John.