Stobart drivers are the best

God I hate dash cam squealers, this idiot can’t even read it’s Golf Kilo etc not Golf X-ray.

This points to poor eyesight at such close range and hopefully the police will ask the driver to take an eyesight exam. Will they fork.

Yes I nearly pulled my ■■■■ off when I spotted that error, to be fair it took me 3 views of the video before I spotted our Eddie catch the bollard.

Mishaps occur at some point in their careers with most Drivers,hopefully not to often.
In this case it happens to be from two Companies that think their Drivers and Companies are the bees knees,that makes the incident media worthy

Some good comments on YouTube lol :smiley:

Berty:
I was left speechless today after an agency driver came up to me showing me his delivery notes and he couldn’t speak a word of English so I had no idea what he wanted but I assumed he wanted to know where he was going I tried to tell him but he hadn’t got a clue what I was saying… then he was told to park on a bay by the shunter and yet again he didn’t understand to the point the shunted had to point at the bay.

Why on earth are stobarts taking on agency drivers that don’t speak the language surely this is downright dangerous and an accident waiting to happen…

I got nothing against foreign drivers cus iv met a few good ones in my time but this was a step too far in my book…

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Because Stobarts constantly don’t have enough employed drivers to cover all of their work, so they get the agencies in to help-out. Over the years, conditions have declined, wages have stagnated, and Stobarts have become even more faceless and corporate, that more and more employed drivers have decided to leave. The agencies have become the backbone of Stobarts, not just a helping hand, they literally need them to survive. That’s why they don’t care who they have, as long as they can turn a wheel. The day of the driver is over, the day of the steering wheel attendant is here.

When I went to the Stobart induction at Appleton, it made me laugh, because it’s two days of glossy presentations, doing demonstrations on brand-new kit, and driver trainers drilling into you how you’re a “professional driver”. They like to make-out that they’re the elite. Then you go to your base, and it’s a complete bodge job. Managers would try and say anything to get you out of the gate. Drops first, defect later, that was how they worked.

Interesting comments from some of you fellow professional drivers. The way i see it, a real driver would never drop a trailer with a heavy front end, unless he s a complete idiot or unless there are support stands for the said load. I have refused a couple of times to incompetent planners who really havnt a clue even telling me to drop that trailer over there even though i told them its front heavy and liable to tip…its very tempting to do it just to prove a point, but i think more of my reputation, and hated losing my truck because the back wings and lights have been ripped off. :smiley:

truckyboy:
Interesting comments from some of you fellow professional drivers. The way i see it, a real driver would never drop a trailer with a heavy front end, unless he s a complete idiot or unless there are support stands for the said load. I have refused a couple of times to incompetent planners who really havnt a clue even telling me to drop that trailer over there even though i told them its front heavy and liable to tip…its very tempting to do it just to prove a point, but i think more of my reputation, and hated losing my truck because the back wings and lights have been ripped off. :smiley:

By the look of it its not so much of dropping a heavy fronted trailer,but not winding the legs down before uncoupling.

Rottweiler22:
Because Stobarts constantly don’t have enough employed drivers to cover all of their work, so they get the agencies in to help-out. Over the years, conditions have declined, wages have stagnated, and Stobarts have become even more faceless and corporate, that more and more employed drivers have decided to leave. The agencies have become the backbone of Stobarts, not just a helping hand, they literally need them to survive. That’s why they don’t care who they have, as long as they can turn a wheel. The day of the driver is over, the day of the steering wheel attendant is here.

When I went to the Stobart induction at Appleton, it made me laugh, because it’s two days of glossy presentations, doing demonstrations on brand-new kit, and driver trainers drilling into you how you’re a “professional driver”. They like to make-out that they’re the elite. Then you go to your base, and it’s a complete bodge job. Managers would try and say anything to get you out of the gate. Drops first, defect later, that was how they worked.

Whilst Stobart are far from perfect, the perception of all agency is in my experience not true, yes they have a lot but there is still more employees at most depots I visit frequently (Stoke and Appleton in the main) they are currently on a driver recruitment drive which dispels the myth that they want solely agency drivers - they don’t.

Your last point re drop first defect later couldn’t in my experience be further from the truth, I’ve been late for more drops than I care to remember because I’ve got whatever issue sorted prior to taking the load, not once with any recrimination from management, if anything you’d be in far hotter water with them for not addressing the defect first.

They are recruiting because even with limpers they don’t have enough drivers. Nobody will work for them anymore other than flip flops and new passes.

Until they sack the majority of the planners, nothing will change.

raymundo:

Berty:
Why on earth are stobarts taking on agency drivers that don’t speak the language surely this is downright dangerous and an accident waiting to happen…/quote]

I have driven in France Belgium Holland Germany Spain Italy Poland and Belerus without an accident and I cannot speak their languages.
[/quote]
[/quote]

This maybe true, but your comparing apples with pears. If i worked in poland, for a polish company, then id expect myself to atleast have a basic understanding of the language. And i wouldnt expect a foreign firm to even employ me if i couldnt speak there language.

They can understand English / speak English when it suits them / let there guard down :question: :exclamation: :unamused:

Exactly my point. If your travelling to a different country then fair enough you could probably wing it but if you plan to permanently work in a different country then you would need a basic grasp of the language… to be honest what iv seen since working for stobarts nothing suprises me anymore rottweiler is bang on on what he says and I can’t wait till iv got enough experience until I move on

Berty:
Exactly my point. If your travelling to a different country then fair enough you could probably wing it but if you plan to permanently work in a different country then you would need a basic grasp of the language… to be honest what iv seen since working for stobarts nothing suprises me anymore rottweiler is bang on on what he says and I can’t wait till iv got enough experience until I move on

Yes move on berty , I have it great since I left , less hours , more pay , boss is great , having a chat with him apparently next week about utilising my truck better :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused: .

Rowley010:
Thought that title would get your attention!

This video popped up on my YouTube and the first comment made me chuckle saying about stobart drivers being the best…

youtu.be/5hkNYZwOlDE

If that had been a rear steer that would of had those bollards

End of the day we all make mistakes,
We’ve all made mistakes and got it wrong,
Some mistakes are worse than others admittedly but no one was hurt in the original video just sad that some loser had to put it on you tube.

bigKris:
End of the day we all make mistakes,
We’ve all made mistakes and got it wrong,
Some mistakes are worse than others admittedly but no one was hurt in the original video just sad that some loser had to put it on you tube.

And like someone in the comments said, someone should follow that guy round at his place of work with a camera then next time he makes a minor mistake stick it on YouTube and show his boss. As that’s essentially what it is. A minor mistake, minor misjudgment.

Just for the record I hadn’t posted this on here to also try and make a fool of the driver. We’ve all made mistake, so have I. I posted it because I found it funny that someone thinks Eddie stobart drivers are the best from watching this clip, just because he can screw it round a mini roundabout. Because of course, no other drivers can do that monouvre unless you work for stobarts!

Berty:
I was left speechless today after an agency driver came up to me showing me his delivery notes and he couldn’t speak a word of English so I had no idea what he wanted but I assumed he wanted to know where he was going I tried to tell him but he hadn’t got a clue what I was saying… then he was told to park on a bay by the shunter and yet again he didn’t understand to the point the shunted had to point at the bay.

Why on earth are stobarts taking on agency drivers that don’t speak the language surely this is downright dangerous and an accident waiting to happen…

I got nothing against foreign drivers cus iv met a few good ones in my time but this was a step too far in my book…

…Costs me dear lad… costs :wink:

in some room somewhere, the company’s actuary/actuaries will have done a thorough ‘risk analysis’ involving the overall net cost vs liability ratio, and have drawn up a detailed report for the company’s chiefs determining in his final analysis that - in layman’s terms - “it’s worth the few hits it’ll take here and there guv…” :sunglasses:

And it’s not just Stob’s either

It makes you wonder how they get so far in life :confused:

The important question is why have they painted yellow hatchings on a concrete wall?

Well, that and how long has Spiderman been dressing up as a Stobrats truck…

Edit:
Thanks tachograph, now my post is going to confuse the [zb] out of anyone who reads it now. :laughing: