Stobart driver jailed

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … SLEEP.html

Lucky nobody was killed.

Mariusz Wlazlo

:-O. He got very lucky he didn’t kill anyone ! And miss the tanker that was in the queue ! :open_mouth:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no doubt it was the planners fault for working the poor sod to death…its russian roulette for the remaining drivers as to what one is next for the chop.
possiby dozy,and thatl get rid of the 3 or 4 of them in 1 go? :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
no doubt it was the planners fault for working the poor sod to death.

It is true that if a similar accident occurred on the railways then the inspectorate would consider whether the hours which train drivers worked were a contributory factor, and if they were then recommendations would be made about changes to these, whereas with a road accident then the answer is invariably “lock the driver up and throw away the key” and nothing else which of course doesn’t stop it happening the next time.

Another ee suprise suprise And he wasn’t drunk ■■?

robthedog:

He was only agency.

robthedog:

Please explain how his nationality was a contributory factor?

More likely he had fluctuating start and finish times resulting in a disturbed sleep pattern, or he may have had other issues outside of work like children or relatives to care for, also telling the police he fell asleep didn’t help his case.

Him being Polish has nothing to do with it, when it comes to bad drivers I find the home grown talent far outnumber our EE friends.

mike68:

robthedog:

More likely he had fluctuating start and finish times resulting in a disturbed sleep pattern, or he may have had other issues outside of work like children or relatives to care for, also telling the police he fell asleep didn’t help his case.

Him being Polish has nothing to do with it, when it comes to bad drivers I find the home grown talent far outnumber our EE friends.

You need to read the news where have you been hiding

Harry Monk:

dieseldog999:
no doubt it was the planners fault for working the poor sod to death.

It is true that if a similar accident occurred on the railways then the inspectorate would consider whether the hours which train drivers worked were a contributory factor, and if they were then recommendations would be made about changes to these, whereas with a road accident then the answer is invariably “lock the driver up and throw away the key” and nothing else which of course doesn’t stop it happening the next time.

That is so true until then it will always be the same.

Its about time something was done about the stupid start times and the stupid hours we do in this job. Companies having deliveries by truck would just have to get used to it and be more realistic in their expectations instead of doing things like expecting a supplier 200 miles away to deliver by 8am or to have deliveries all through the night. There needs to be a stop to being able to flip between days and nights in the same week.

A lot of them have cash in hand jobs on building sites etc during the day. I’ve unfortunately experienced this first hand whilst double-manning at Sports Direct. They hope to attain enough sleep whilst being tipped/breaks/between jobs

Surely not

I’ve never been anti anyone.

But it’s time to call a spade a spade. Every time its a ■■■■ head or a dangerous idiot, the majority of us are thinking ’ flip flop ’ :neutral_face:

And most of the time we are right…

eagerbeaver:

But it’s time to call a spade a spade. Every time its a ■■■■ head or a dangerous idiot, the majority of us are thinking ’ flip flop ’ :neutral_face:

You’ll upset mike68 he’s obviously a fan of there driving abilities

mike68:

robthedog:

More likely…

Please explain who said it was, then maybe explain yourself why you are guessing after the facts of the case. You appear to be a very offended expert?

Yawn…

Conor:
Its about time something was done about the stupid start times and the stupid hours we do in this job.

There needs to be a stop to being able to flip between days and nights in the same week.

Both these points 100% :bulb:

robthedog:

eagerbeaver:

Could’nt give a toss mate. We all know the score.

It’s about time some truth got typed. The image of truck drivers is terrible as it is, and in my opinion this year has been terrible for accidents and bridge strikes. And recently the vast majority seem to include EE’s.

Said it before and i will again. We have enough crap drivers of our own without importing more turd.

eagerbeaver:

robthedog:

eagerbeaver:

It’s about time some truth got typed. The image of truck drivers is terrible as it is, and in my opinion this year has been terrible for accidents and bridge strikes. And recently the vast majority seem to include EE’s.

Said it before and i will again. We have enough crap drivers of our own without importing more turd.

I’m with you on this

eagerbeaver:

robthedog:

eagerbeaver:

Is the right answer, but not the “correct” answer. Too many head in the sand hypocrites to shout you down mate.