Stobart car transporters ...........

http://www.lse.co.uk/FinanceNews.asp?ArticleCode=pvq5ze92giahz0d&ArticleHeadline=Autologic_in_talks_over_possible_bid_by_Stobart

How long before I’m driviing a Stobart Powder tanker I wonder ■■?

If i never see another ■■■■■■■ stobart thread on ere :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
No offence :laughing:

Sorry :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Just thought it might warrant discussion , transporter drivers have always been at the high end of the pay scale . Dont think Stobart wages are :wink: :wink:

shade:
Sorry :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Just thought it might warrant discussion , transporter drivers have always been at the high end of the pay scale . Dont think Stobart wages are :wink: :wink:

No probs mate, freadom of speach & all that, its one of the few things ‘free’ we have left afterall .

shade:

Hmm, know what you mean.

I’ve thought before that my industry - plant hire & transport wouldn’t be a big stretch for them seeing as they already have their own plant business. They have they coverage and depots, a small (for them) investment on equipment and a bit of training and they would be poised to screw everyone in this business too.

MMTM that Stobart are just a front company for Tesco. They’re going to expand them rapidly into all kinds of sectors and when it looks like they’ve got too big they’re going to pretend to rush in and save them, when they were really pulling the strings all along.

He says they’re in talks with ** plant hire and ******* Rail already about a a buyout, and that you’ll be able to do hire orders for mini-diggers up to 3 tonnes from customer service desks (excluding Tesco Express or Metro stores).

Double clubcard points between September and May, sounds good to me!

Happydaze:
MMTM that Stobart are just a front company for Tesco. They’re going to expand them rapidly into all kinds of sectors and when it looks like they’ve got too big they’re going to pretend to rush in and save them, when they were really pulling the strings all along.

He says they’re in talks with ** plant hire and ******* Rail already about a a buyout, and that you’ll be able to do hire orders for mini-diggers up to 3 tonnes from customer service desks (excluding Tesco Express or Metro stores).

You will be able to buy gas direct from Tesco Moscow and dig your own pipeline with the mini diggers too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Happydaze:

You will be able to buy gas direct from Tesco Moscow and dig your own pipeline with the mini diggers too. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the spirit! :laughing: :laughing:

[/quote]
More like how long before there going in to wholesale markets :open_mouth: never going to happen really, too much work there for a stobart driver and too much sense used :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Nah, they will leave it to the heroes like you mate :wink:

Today… transport
tomorrow… the world!!!

Mwaaa ha ha ha ha!!

haribo4000:
Today… transport
tomorrow… the world!!!

Mwaaa ha ha ha ha!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What exactly is the issue so many of you seem to have with one of, if not the, most successful road haulage company in the country and those who work for them?

One week a driver is driving for Fred Blogs haulage. You will jump out of your cab to watch him into a tight space then sit and chat with him all evening in the restaurant.
You think he’s an ok guy.

Next week Fred Blogs haulage has gone bust & said driver has got himself a job with Stobarts. Non Stobart drivers will watch him struggle and then walk straight past him in the restaurant & leave him sitting alone.

FFS its the same bloke as last week. Grow up!

Driveroneuk:
What exactly is the issue so many of you seem to have with one of, if not the, most successful road haulage company in the country and those who work for them?

One week a driver is driving for Fred Blogs haulage. You will jump out of your cab to watch him into a tight space then sit and chat with him all evening in the restaurant.

Next week Fred Blogs haulage has gone bust & said driver has got himself a job with Stobarts. Non Stobart drivers will watch him struggle and then walk straight past him in the restaurant & leave him sitting alone.

I agree with you. Quite why some drivers like for example ex Tescco drivers who where on great money and great working conditions would show any contempt for a company like Stobarts who effectivley ended it for them i’ve no idea !!

Driveroneuk:

+1

Mike-C:
I agree with you. Quite why some drivers like for example ex Tescco drivers who where on great money and great working conditions would show any contempt for a company like Stobarts who effectivley ended it for them i’ve no idea !!

ex ‘tessco’ drivers should count themselves lucky to be taken on by stobart, a lot of them got binned because of their attitude & pure laziness-besides ‘tessco’ is a ■■■■ company to work for anyway…!

Happydaze:

I was just looking through my Tesco direct catalogue. I can have a new Ford Focus delivered to my door with extra clubcard points too.

The photo is courtesy of and copyrighted to Craig Dalrymple.

Pimpdaddy:

Mike-C:

ex ‘tessco’ drivers should count themselves lucky to be taken on by stobart,

No luck involved, law said they had to take them.

Pimpdaddy:
a lot of them got binned because of their attitude & pure laziness

I’m not aware of any getting ‘binned’ all the ones i knew left of their own accord as they didn’t want to work to the new rates of pay and conditions offered by Stobarts. But if you know different i’ll happily take your word for it.

Pimpdaddy:
-besides ‘tessco’ is a [zb] company to work for anyway…!

I’ve mixed feeling over it as a few of my family work for them in their stores, they’re happy enough. Although working for them and then being dumped onto Stobarts might not make then the best employer prospect lorry driver wise !!!

Maybe you shouldn’t take my word for it but that’s what I’ve heard amongst the piles of BS one hears on a daily basis in the ‘drivers room’. Heard that, like you said, some walked out then wanted to come back & they couldn’t in the beginning of the take overs. Met one face to face who claims that he then registered with an agency after being made redundant by stobart/tesco & somehow stayed on the same money etc as he was @ tesco so you can conclude what you like on that one, I know I have…
I know people who work in stores, distrubution etc & they have nothing positive to say about the company. I find it funny when I do my grocery shopping seeing people in tesco uniform also doing their shopping (the store In question isn’t a tesco), can’t be that great an employer can it, if your own staff don’t show loyalty & go spend their hard earned with the competitor!?
Having the law on your side in my eyes is luck, simples… :smiley:

I still wouldnt like to work for 7.75 an hour, thats like half what i get right now, and id have to work double the amount of hours to get close to what i earn.