Stobart car transporters ...........

gogzy:
I still wouldnt like to work for 7.75 an hour, thats like half what i get right now, and id have to work double the amount of hours to get close to what i earn.

I’ve never met anybody who would, who do you work for then who pays twice as much…?

Yea, id like to know who pays that much too, :wink:

Pimpdaddy:

gogzy:
I still wouldnt like to work for 7.75 an hour, thats like half what i get right now, and id have to work double the amount of hours to get close to what i earn.

I’ve never met anybody who would, who do you work for then who pays twice as much…?

Royal Mail innit Gogz!! :slight_smile:

Pimpdaddy:

gogzy:

im gonna guess
1:self employed?
2:on the game?
3:non-driving job?
4:talking crap? :smiley:

if stobart did take over the transport side all the drivers already on there would be tupe’d over on the same conditions they are on now just under a different logo happens all the time not just in the transport industry,its a regular thing in the construction industry

Driveroneuk:
What exactly is the issue so many of you seem to have with one of, if not the, most successful road haulage company in the country and those who work for them

That’s the problem, too high a ■■■■■■■ mighty knobhead elf drivers that think they are working for the best and most successful company, pull the other one it has bells on

Whirlwind:

Driveroneuk:
What exactly is the issue so many of you seem to have with one of, if not the, most successful road haulage company in the country and those who work for them

That’s the problem, too high a [zb] mighty knobhead elf drivers that think they are working for the best and most successful company, pull the other one it has bells on

Your just jealous, you want to be an elf too :grimacing:

Go on then Haribo, what is it that makes you elf’s the most successful haulage company in the uk ?

I see there staying clear of the heavy haulage side of business :slight_smile:

dessy:

Pimpdaddy:

gogzy:

Innit Blud, £120 for an 8 hour shift aint bad lol, half of which i usually have my feet up, lucky if i do 25 hours driving a week right now
im not saying i wouldnt work for a lower wage but 7.75 is pretty poor tbh,

[/quote]
Innit Blud, £120 for an 8 hour shift aint bad lol, half of which i usually have my feet up, lucky if i do 25 hours driving a week right now
[/quote]
25 hours a week!! Are you sure your not a sorter? :laughing:
Where do you run between then Gogz? Not far in 8 hours or 25 hours driving in a week!! :sunglasses:

Whirlwind:
Go on then Haribo, what is it that makes you elf’s the most successful haulage company in the uk ?

For a start you could look at what the company contribute to the economy. Just a few examples:

Purchase or rent of depots.
All utility bills associated with running them as well as maintenance.
Insurance premium tax.
Purchase of new trucks and trailers (there’s a lot of them for anyone who hadn’t noticed)
Providing employment for thousands of people. (giving them a disposable income which goes back into the economy)
Employer NI contributions
Fuel duty
VAT

and lots more.

Driveroneuk:

Whirlwind:

For a start you could look at what the company contribute to the economy. Just a few examples:

Purchase of new trucks and trailers (there’s a lot of them for anyone who hadn’t noticed)

None of which goes back into the UK economy - our utilities providers are all foreign owned bar one, and I have not seen Stobarts operate a truck built by a UK company (Scania, Volvo and now Mercedes).

Wheel Nut:

Happydaze:
MMTM that Stobart are just a front company for Tesco. They’re going to expand them rapidly into all kinds of sectors and when it looks like they’ve got too big they’re going to pretend to rush in and save them, when they were really pulling the strings all along.

He says they’re in talks with ** plant hire and ******* Rail already about a a buyout, and that you’ll be able to do hire orders for mini-diggers up to 3 tonnes from customer service desks (excluding Tesco Express or Metro stores).

Double clubcard points between September and May, sounds good to me!

I was just looking through my Tesco direct catalogue. I can have a new Ford Focus delivered to my door with extra clubcard points too.

The photo is courtesy of and copyrighted to Craig Dalrymple.

Is that number plate on there a personal one? PX09BJJ (■■■■■■■■ johnny) :grimacing:

Driveroneuk:

Whirlwind:

Purchase or rent of depots.
Insurance premium tax.
Providing employment for thousands of people. (giving them a disposable income which goes back into the economy)
Employer NI contributions
Fuel duty
VAT

and lots more.

ARE YOU HAVING A ■■■■■■■ LAUGH,
Next time read a post before you respond with utter ■■■■■
You just described 99% of transport companies. The question since you need help understanding is… what makes stobarts the most successful ?

dessy:

[/quote]
25 hours a week!! Are you sure your not a sorter? :laughing:
Where do you run between then Gogz? Not far in 8 hours or 25 hours driving in a week!! :sunglasses:
[/quote]
perth to inverness back to perth then home.

thats the short shift that everyone wants

Reaper KH:

Pimpdaddy:

gogzy:

im gonna guess
1:self employed?
2:on the game?
3:non-driving job?
4:talking crap? :smiley:

I’m going with number 4 on this one, I’m feeling lucky… :smiley:

fredthered:

Wheel Nut:

Happydaze:
MMTM that Stobart are just a front company for Tesco. They’re going to expand them rapidly into all kinds of sectors and when it looks like they’ve got too big they’re going to pretend to rush in and save them, when they were really pulling the strings all along.

He says they’re in talks with ** plant hire and ******* Rail already about a a buyout, and that you’ll be able to do hire orders for mini-diggers up to 3 tonnes from customer service desks (excluding Tesco Express or Metro stores).

Double clubcard points between September and May, sounds good to me!

I was just looking through my Tesco direct catalogue. I can have a new Ford Focus delivered to my door with extra clubcard points too.

The photo is courtesy of and copyrighted to Craig Dalrymple.

Is that number plate on there a personal one? PX09BJJ (■■■■■■■■ johnny) :grimacing:

What’s that silver thing below the fuel tank :confused:

gogzy:

not all stobart drivers work for £7.75 p.h,a.f.a.i.a its only esl drivers on esl contracts who get £7.75 p.h,there still esl drivers who are on old contracts that are on a comparable hourly rate to you,most are on a salary and have come out of things very well as the lads on hourly pay in most instances chase the hours/the long runs leaving the 5/6 hr runs to them,£150 for 5/6 hrs sat/sun-£120 for 6 hrs mon-fri,yes the esl lads on esl hourly pay may be on poor pay,but untrue to say all esl drivers are on poor pay/£7.75 p.h as some arnt

BanburyDan:

Driveroneuk:

Whirlwind:

None of which goes back into the UK economy - our utilities providers are all foreign owned bar one, and I have not seen Stobarts operate a truck built by a UK company (Scania, Volvo and now Mercedes).

stobart wages go into keeping my local pub afloat