Stobart Belfast?

Came across an advert on indeed for class 1 ADR drivers for Stobarts out of Belfast. I know Indeed can be a little out on their geography at times, but according to the details on the link to Eddies, it does seem to be located at the docks in Belfast.

Does this mean Eddie has found the right lads to hand the brown envelopes to?

Considering their curtainsiders had a habit of spontaneously combusting in the south, I would have thought hazardous loads in the north would have been a big no no?!

they would combust in the south because theyre english…and the irish by nature hate the english for 1 million reasons.
when theyre in the north.for the inbreds that care,then the catholics will hate them because they are english…and the prods will dislike them because there english/brits…plus whoevers throats they cut for work north and south will target them anyway ,as well as the paras as they cant exacly go to mr eddy and say they need x amount per week to ensure the safety of the company…not until they have tanned a few items to make him take notice…
montgomerys sometimes get a hard time in the south as being from the north/proddy/siding against the catholics,then some ■■■■■■ decided that their emblem was similar to king billys horse at the battle of the boyne…you couldnt make this stuff up.

if your english,then you may need to google it all,not o if your irish,or scots…wales dont count… :smiley:

montys 1.jpg

I’m assuming all the stories I’ve heard over the years about their absence from the north to be b/s then?

jprioredi:
I’m assuming all the stories I’ve heard over the years about their absence from the north to be b/s then?

He has been trying for a good while to get into the North, but he is about to lose the Tesco work in Ireland after Christmas and his attempts at general haulage failed there too. With the North the work is all sewn up Sawyers aren’t going to give up the Tesco work, which even when Stobart was at his peak in Ireland Sawyers still shipped everything into Ballymun from the UK. I believe that Mcburneys and Montgomery have enough block bookings on the boats to prevent him getting the required number of crossings that he would need to make a go of it. He did lose quite a few Units and trailers around Ireland where he was not wanted (don’t think Limerick was top of the list for his drivers to go to) but most of the general haulage that he took when he first set up in Dublin went back to the original hauliers after a fairly short period of time.
WS do a bit of steel out of the North so it could be them who the agency are on about.

Not agency, direct through Stobart - here’s the link:

eddiestobart.com/careers/vacanci … ker-driver

I know Wincanton have a few trucks running ADR out of Belfast for Texaco stations, but as far as I know it’s a very minor set up.

Judging by the fact wages and hours are to be confirmed, ADR work in the north being fairly poor paying, and that Stobart have probably priced the job at a lose just to get it, then they can’t be great terms!

mazzer:

jprioredi:

He has been trying for a good while to get into the North, but he is about to lose the Tesco work in Ireland after Christmas and his attempts at general haulage failed there too. With the North the work is all sewn up Sawyers aren’t going to give up the Tesco work, which even when Stobart was at his peak in Ireland Sawyers still shipped everything into Ballymun from the UK. I believe that Mcburneys and Montgomery have enough block bookings on the boats to prevent him getting the required number of crossings that he would need to make a go of it. He did lose quite a few Units and trailers around Ireland where he was not wanted (don’t think Limerick was top of the list for his drivers to go to) but most of the general haulage that he took when he first set up in Dublin went back to the original hauliers after a fairly short period of time.
WS do a bit of steel out of the North so it could be them who the agency are on about.

either its fuel tankers,or it could be the jobby wheecher tankers…might not fit with the superfannystobrat image running turds in a can though…i just saw the press release of the drivers uniform belfast style,and the after picture of the tanker once the bhoys know what a stobart truck represents… :slight_smile:

stobrat in belfast.jpg

Wonder is it for Maxol maybe biting bullet and outsourcing the work??
(“Go” and “Star” unmanned 24/7 forecourt bound to be hurting Maxol!!!)
Or the actual Tesco or Asda tankers who deliver to the forecourts@ their stores??

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Wincanton have the Asda contracts for the store deliveries, so I would assume they have the tanker work too?

Either way, I’d seriously doubt they’ll be coming in offering a higher rate for the drivers - which, as I’ve said before, already isn’t great for the work in comparison to what others are paying.

I was offered a job whilst doing my ADR - £10 per hour straight through, nights, weekends, the lot - for class 1!

So assuming Stobart are cutting someone’s throat to get a piece of the action, would they go as low as £8.50 for ADR over here?

jprioredi:
Wincanton have the Asda contracts for the store deliveries, so I would assume they have the tanker work too?

Either way, I’d seriously doubt they’ll be coming in offering a higher rate for the drivers - which, as I’ve said before, already isn’t great for the work in comparison to what others are paying.

I was offered a job whilst doing my ADR - £10 per hour straight through, nights, weekends, the lot - for class 1!

So assuming Stobart are cutting someone’s throat to get a piece of the action, would they go as low as £8.50 for ADR over here?

I know an outfit not too far from my home that are paying £8hr (1.5 after 40hrs) for ADR work on bitumen tankers!!![emoji52]

Drivers need their heads checked!!!

Is that £8 an hour cash in hand, under the brothers name, so the DLA payments aren’t affected?!

I was earning more than that 10 years ago at class 2 work, and that was with zero experience!

dunno what the green fan boy numbers are like this side of the water, but surely there won’t be too many queuing up if the rates are that low?!

Stobart did not get problems in the south because he was not liked or because he was english or any to do with religion he was going into the big companys and trying to under cut all the big haulers the likes of coca cola and bulmers and a lot of others and the wage he paid was dirt so he was not liked because he was a cowboy trying to demean the business so they ran him out, he did not even want to renew the tesco contract it will be a long time before you see the likes of this muck in the south again
He is gone from ireland now and dhl who got the contract are using his trucks and trailers till they get sorted

Been in the South of Ireland the last 3 days and one thing I did notice was that any Stobart trailer I saw was being pulled by a subby - not one Stobart unit did I see.
Rather than expanding I’d say they are getting ready for a withdrawal from the Irish market.

Yes - he does undercut the competition, which is unliked as they’re already cutting each other’s throats, and therefore complaining there’s no money to be made.

Yes - he may pay ■■■■ rates to drivers as a result of having to cut costs due to pricing jobs so low (have no knowledge of pay rates personally, so this is an educated guess).

But - why are they getting drivers if this is the case?

And from what I’ve heard, DHL have lost Coke in the north to Wincanton, but as I say - from what I’ve heard, so may not be the case.

jprioredi:
Is that £8 an hour cash in hand, under the brothers name, so the DLA payments aren’t affected?!

I was earning more than that 10 years ago at class 2 work, and that was with zero experience!

dunno what the green fan boy numbers are like this side of the water, but surely there won’t be too many queuing up if the rates are that low?!

No they are on the books PAYE,
BONKERS!!!

Yer man “Atlantic Bitumen” is paying £450home Mon/Fri dayshift and £80cash for single load on a Sat or Sun which is bit better.[emoji6]

Suppose they aren’t doing too bad - compared to the simpletons prepared to do farm work for less than minimum wage just so they can drive a John Deere!

£450 a week for days - is that maxed hours?

hard to find someone over here who pays a day rate without expecting a full card and then some…
and
reids are meant to have bought out some groupage mob near glenshane or somewhere out that area? gives the juicy gossip about that please?
i got told about it but didnt get the name of the victim…
looks like another build up leading to another big crash again…though they are paying good wages at present. :slight_smile:

jprioredi:
Suppose they aren’t doing too bad - compared to the simpletons prepared to do farm work for less than minimum wage just so they can drive a John Deere!

£450 a week for days - is that maxed hours?

Don’t think it could be max hrs as quarries don’t stay open late nor do the loaders@ bitumen terminal Airport Rd.

dieseldog999:
hard to find someone over here who pays a day rate without expecting a full card and then some…
and
reids are meant to have bought out some groupage mob near glenshane or somewhere out that area? gives the juicy gossip about that please?
i got told about it but didnt get the name of the victim…
looks like another build up leading to another big crash again…though they are paying good wages at present. :slight_smile:

Drennan Transport Draperstown maybe??

jprioredi:
And from what I’ve heard, DHL have lost Coke in the north to Wincanton, but as I say - from what I’ve heard, so may not be the case.

its true :astonished: