Stitched up Friday?

The other day (wednesday) a friend of mine was saying how he’d been stitched up on a Friday again. My thoughts are,

A) Do many people get stitched up on a Friday?
B) How come i never get stitched up on a Friday?
C)Did he have a crystal ball?
D) or was he runnin a different calendar to me?

yep, i regularly get “stitched up” on “stitched up friday”.it then progresses into a “stitched up saturday”.
favourite lines used are"well you can just run in",or my favourite"the loads gotta go urgent".
my truck is always one of the first out but last back,and has done the most kms all week. :cry: :imp:

My pet hate was always going away on a Sunday, getting back on a Friday (late after hanging it out to ensure there’d be nowt to do) seeing most of the lads washing their trucks and the TM saying “can you just nip out…” :imp: :imp:

I’m sure I had the only valid class 1 on a Friday.

A) Do many people get stitched up on a Friday?

Only paranoid people who are utterly convinced that Traffic Office staff have nothing better to do than sit around like a coven of witches allocating work entirely based on who they fancy ■■■■■■■ off that week.

B) How come i never get stitched up on a Friday?

Probably because you, like me, get the crap paying job that the Traffic Coven found under the plant pot in the office bogs where it got left after they took it in there with every intention of flushing it down the toilet. They wouldn’t let the likes of us boost our earnings by doing extra work, after all.

C)Did he have a crystal ball?

No, but he did have a wooden cross and a clove of garlic. I mean, if the Traffic Coven are going to get you that early in the week, who knows what may happen next? The Goods-In Vampires are sure to appear, so best be prepared.

D) or was he runnin a different calendar to me?

Presumably one based on Astrology and Tarot.

You will probably find that the people who get “stitched up” are the drivers who actually do the job that they get paid for, not the drivers who waste more time trying to get out of working! Office bods know who the grafters are, unfortunately, the grafters end up picking up the slack for the lazy gits :imp: . Bitter? yep

i would love to be busy , my job is always dead on a friday for some reason

this is why were now only supposed to know our start time ,not the job were down for, as it was bedlam if some lads jobs were changed.
the odd bit is all the lads who used to kick off if they were given a long run when we were on salary, now kick off if there given a short run since weve gone on hourly pay.
NOWT STRANGER THAN FOLKS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

My stitch up Friday is usually a central london job on a friday afternoon or somewhere like kings langley where your certain to be stuck in traffic fighting your way back to kent to get loaded for monday :confused:

with a good bit of planning, i can sort out a handy finish on friday. i usually have it planned by tuesday.
but if it’s been a bit of a slack week, then a mad thursday and friday. the work must be done, or the firm loses money, and the firm goes bust. we have no jobs and then the sky falls in.

pete-b:
You will probably find that the people who get “stitched up” are the drivers who actually do the job that they get paid for, not the drivers who waste more time trying to get out of working! Office bods know who the grafters are, unfortunately, the grafters end up picking up the slack for the lazy gits :imp: . Bitter? yep

you"ve hit the nail on the head there.that is definatley the case at our place.same ones parked up after a easy 1 hit tip,by dinnertime on a friday,and the same blokes week in week out are eating tarmac into early/late evening.

Tin hat time but it’s been my experience it’s the whiney/moany/shouty drivers that are usually " stitched up". If you’re behind the transport desk and gonna get verbal any way for no reason, you might as well give the driver a reason to moan.So logically guess who’s gonna get the rubbish runs? No point upsetting a driver if you don’t need to.
Me ? I keep my mouth shut, do what ever and trust me I get seriously pants runs. Sometimes :smiley: But a lot of the time I feel pretty well treated. :smiley: :smiley:
So keep up the moaning guys - life would be harder with out you!

umm…

pete-b:

couldnt have put it any better myself pete-b

Thursday lunchtime i got a call …

Boss…“aye up mate dya fancy an early finish?”

Me…"errr yesss why? "

Boss…"got a nice one for you tomorrow! "

Me…“OOoo KKkk…what is it?”

Boss…“couple of drops round Glasgow that OK?”

Me…“how many drops?”

Boss…“2…in Glasgow…then 2 in Edinburgh”

Me…is that it?

Boss…“Well there is a collection from Leith as well you be Ok”

As usual away on a Friday night whilst the blue-eyed boys are all home at about 4 o’clock.

Bonus being a 12 hour Saturday on time and a half, blue-eyed boys all sat at home earning nothing. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve had more than a few late Friday nights throughtout my career, can’t quite call them stich ups though as I never worked anywhere that didn’t reward my endeavours to my liking.

I have stiched people up on a Friday though, when I was a TM I used to save a Dartford to Sheffield 1400 delivery for anyone who had pee’d me off during the week, nothing personal, but if somebody was being lazy or awkward during the week then they would get themself a trip up & down the M1, usually you could be back in the yard by 2100, which also made sure you couldn’t get O/T on a Saturday as you couldn’t start early enough, funnily enough nobody did it more than once or twice before they got the message :wink:

buck rogers:

pete-b:

you"ve hit the nail on the head there.that is definatley the case at our place.same ones parked up after a easy 1 hit tip,by dinnertime on a friday,and the same blokes week in week out are eating tarmac into early/late evening.

So your parked up by lunchtime then buck■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

a place i worked at when i first passed had a driver who was amate of the TM, who really took the ■■■■ especially on friday, he was always back thurs night early morn fri and would park truck up and stay in his cab all day till fri afternoon, now this guy was only a late shift guy run to manchester and back usual start 5 in the afternoon with 2 runs to manchester, but thurs would start a little earlier but only 1 run,

what really rubbed guys noses in it was instead of parking out the way somewhere nearby he would park right in the centre of the yard!

and we were hourly paid

SWraith:
So your parked up by lunchtime then buck■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

only if i"ve broken down…none taken friend :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carry a jar of vaseline in your bag on a Friday because you know you are going to get shafted.

Stitched up like a kipper the phrase comes to mind with the company i work for

Always the same drivers back early on a friday quite often im forced to take a second 45 min break all because the tm’s have no idea how to route and are unrealistic to how much can be fitted into a normal day.

always on a friday phone rings
boss. how you getting on son
me . fine
boss. will you be home tonight
me . aye
boss. ive just loaded a trailer for *******
me . i feel a but coming on
boss. i will send alison (his daughter) down for a change over
me . aye ok
boss. just run in saturday wash your truck & mess about abit if you want.
always on a friday 8 in a row now but cant moan i hate running on a sundays :grimacing: