Still ok to park@ Worlds End pub, Tilbury?

Heading down to tilbury tonight, looking to get there about 8 o clock and just wondered if you can still park down there for free? Alternitavely is there anywhere better to park?

Might be a bit crowded by 8!

Haven’t stopped there for years,cracking pub good food what more could you want :smiley:

God ! … Now you are bringing back memories :slight_smile:

DonutUK:

You can still park there, I was there a few weeks ago and arrived about 8ish also, and it was chocker, I had to park right at the road ends but reverse right up to the bumper of the guy behind, I put a note on his wiper to tell him to give me a knock if he was blocked in in the morning and I would move, no problem, but for reasons best known to himself he felt it was a better idea to struggle out and pull alongside me and knock on my window to tell me I was a knobhead :open_mouth: So if you are on here mate thanks for your opinion :unamused:

DonutUK:

I should say

Though if you’re away early dive into their “car park” :smiley:

You could alway go on the dock and mix it with the trailers, P&O ?

That’s good to know. Was told by someone backend of last year that they’d stopped the parking down there,obviously a case of mmtm! Still okay with trailer or is it unit only nowadays?

Didn’t bother going down in the end, didn’t fancy getting to the bottom and no parking available! So it’s a night on the 1089 for me getting rocked to sleep! Thanks for your input anyway.

watch out for theiving ■■■■■ scum, i lost 250ltrs of diesel there a yr ago, :imp: theyve got a camp nearby.

kindle530:
watch out for theiving ■■■■■ scum, i lost 250ltrs of diesel there a yr ago, :imp: theyve got a camp nearby.

You can,t say ■■■■■ Rikki doesn,t like it!! :frowning: :frowning:

I’m a fairly regular Tilbury overnighter.

Directions to Worlds End pub please!

Edit: Found it!

go past the dock main gate, keep going, when you see the container yard on the left (ex carters) take the next right, it down the bottom, park anywhere along that road that leads to it, there is also the car park for the pub

When you get to the dock entrance just carry straight on until you reach the cruise terminal, worlds end is the next turning on the right signposted Tilbury Fort.

shuttlespanker:
go past the dock main gate, keep going, when you see the container yard on the left (ex carters) take the next right, it down the bottom, park anywhere along that road that leads to it, there is also the car park for the pub

Net’s runnin’ like ■■■■■■ but is that the 1 near the fort, and there’s a little path you can use to get to Maritime’s yard?

If it is, the food’s good, beer’s good, company though… lol

Thanks guys!

waynedl:

shuttlespanker:

Net’s runnin’ like [zb], but is that the 1 near the fort, and there’s a little path you can use to get to Maritime’s yard?

if you come out of the front door of the pub, turn right, go through a gate, follow the path it runs along the fence of Maritime’s parking yard, up to the main road, turn left through the gate into the compound

shuttlespanker:

waynedl:

shuttlespanker:

Net’s runnin’ like [zb], but is that the 1 near the fort, and there’s a little path you can use to get to Maritime’s yard?

if you come out of the front door of the pub, turn right, go through a gate, follow the path it runs along the fence of Maritime’s parking yard, up to the main road, turn left through the gate into the compound

Yep, it’s the 1 I was thinkin’ of, thought it was called the fort or something, so the beer is now rated excellent lol

Used to go in when I was on for Maritime, but not been Tilbury since. Mostly Seaforth, So’ton, Grain and Hull this last few months.

I have been informed that you now have to spend money in the pub to get a ticket, otherwise the pub owner has you clamped, he owns all the road that leads upto the pub as well I believe.

Dogmatix:
I have been informed that you now have to spend money in the pub to get a ticket, otherwise the pub owner has you clamped, he owns all the road that leads upto the pub as well I believe.

If you were parking there, it’d be to go into the pub anyway surely?

Depends on what time the next day I had to start or how long I had been working for that day, if I was knackered I would just want to go to bed.