STGO lads... watch where you park

I recieved a follow up e-mail today…

Hi Rikki thought i would let you know i emailed moto and cpc car parking
about the clamping and spoke with them on the phone we are getting our money back as abnormal loads do not have to pay

and there will be a new ruling at moto and maybe welcome break services,any one parking a normal truck in the long load bay or abnormal load space will be moved or clamped for illegel parking the managing director of cpc parking is going to let me know what is going to happen good news yes.

:open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

What would happen if we all didnt pay, and all carried bolt cutters or something, are they going to clamp everyone? And how will they react to many damaged clamps?

allrighty:
What would happen if we all didnt pay, and all carried bolt cutters or something, are they going to clamp everyone? And how will they react to many damaged clamps?

I guess they would put a barrier across the truck park and make it pay on entry. No pay, no entry. They would most likely make a charge regardless of how long you wanted to stop, no more 2 hours free.

Coffeeholic:

allrighty:

I guess they would put a barrier across the truck park and make it pay on entry. No pay, no entry. They would most likely make a charge regardless of how long you wanted to stop, no more 2 hours free.

Quite possible but the the hard shoulder would soon fill up with drivers if the one at the front had no money & just wanted to go in & use the toilet & showers or the foreigners who refuse to pay pull their curtains in front of the gates.

i’m glad to hear about the free parking for abnormal loads, well done that company.
i think that a photo is taken of the clamped vehicle after the clamp has been placed on it but the removal of a wheel clamp from a clamped vehicle is not proof that the owner actually removed the clamp so if a driver was to remove the clamp of another drivers vehicle then they would be able to honestly say that they had not removed the clamp from their own vehicle.

there is a site for clamp release where you call a number and for a very small fee they will despatch a man with a grinder who will remove the clamp for you, thus rendering you the driver free from prosecution.

johnny:
i’m glad to hear about the free parking for abnormal loads, well done that company.
i think that a photo is taken of the clamped vehicle after the clamp has been placed on it but the removal of a wheel clamp from a clamped vehicle is not proof that the owner actually removed the clamp so if a driver was to remove the clamp of another drivers vehicle then they would be able to honestly say that they had not removed the clamp from their own vehicle.

there is a site for clamp release where you call a number and for a very small fee they will despatch a man with a grinder who will remove the clamp for you, thus rendering you the driver free from prosecution.

Is there really? That’s a bloody good business idea if I ever heard one. Please send me the details John.

:slight_smile:

Beware of New trucks carrying Mopacc :stuck_out_tongue: and a bloke skulking about with an angle grinder :sunglasses:

psst, wanna buy a used wheel clamp?

The decision to refund a clamping fine is correct in this case, you cannot just park a 145 tonne load in any layby or outside the shops!

The next danger is when these cowboys clamp a chemical tanker and there is an incident :open_mouth:

try HERE

OR THIS ONE

There are some others but they are the first ones i came across

Wheel Nut:
Beware of New trucks carrying Mopacc :stuck_out_tongue: and a bloke skulking about with an angle grinder :sunglasses:

psst, wanna buy a used wheel clamp?

:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

johnny:
try HERE

OR THIS ONE

There are some others but they are the first ones i came across

So what they are saying is stick one of these in your windscreen

notice

I hereby give notice that I have not entered in an agreement to have this vehicle clamped or be impeded in any way by the owners of this property, nor any persons representing them.
Any damage caused by persons in the process of committing such an act will be considered an act of criminal damage
(criminal damage act 1971) and dealt with accordingly.

and you should be covered.

these sites deal with private property but I was under the impression the M.S.A’s were public land (owned by the D.O.T) & leased by the operators

It could get expensive…

I had an e-mail fom a ex-work colleague, He parked in the abnormal load layby at a Moto services… didnt pay and got clamped… not unusual I hear you all say… :open_mouth:
However…

He was 5 metres wide and grossing 145 tonnes , the load was obviously routed so he had no choice but to park in the layby set aside for abnormal loads.

The fee for release was £200 cash or £300 if paid by credit cards :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Which MSA was it, jfi ?

Im not sure , he didnt say, but it looks to me like the Abnormal load layby at Birch Services

Please correct me by all means but the clamp does not look that substantial, should’nt be any match for first gear grossing that weight.

Rikki-UK:
Im not sure , he didnt say, but it looks to me like the Abnormal load layby at Birch Services

Yes, having had a longer look at the pics I agree that it probably is Birch.

i dont know a thing about stgo loads. but surely these vehicles have to inform people if they plan on stopping there.
then again you would have thought that he would have paid for the parking and put it on the customers bill.

CM:
Please correct me by all means but the clamp does not look that substantial, should’nt be any match for first gear grossing that weight.

I was thinking the exact same thing

simon

CM:

The visible cover plate of the clamp isn’t a problem in that respect; it’s the chains they wrap round your axles that cause the damage if you try to move (I speak from experience here :wink: )

I guess the bottom line is, pay the price to park or find somewhere else (or change your UK plates to ones of a foreign origin…).

Rob K:

CM:

The visible cover plate of the clamp isn’t a problem in that respect; it’s the chains they wrap round your axles that cause the damage if you try to move (I speak from experience here :wink: )

I guess the bottom line is, pay the price to park or find somewhere else (or change your UK plates to ones of a foreign origin…).

Okayyyyyyyyy! Bolt croppers and first gear. Seriously though never been clamped so no experience of them, did’nt realise chains and axles were involved, another point to file for reference, thanks :wink:

With all the gear Johnson’s have to carry with them, you’d have thought he would have had some bolt cutters :smiling_imp:

Rikki do you know if Alistair still drives for them?